View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 King Of The Monsters Played By That Kid 
God Of The Sun

im confused...where did i say paul said that at a VIP? this wasnt at a vip, but he was intersted to know who id been listening to. maybe im reading into it too much, but as i said, and have said to many people, to be complemented by one of my biggest heros on the voice i am developing is one of the defining moments of my playing life. it made me realise that id never make it by being like paul and it made me want to discover myself even more.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

stringskipper wrote:
Music is NOT the Olympics people...the kid has talent...period.

and is it just me or does that contradict itself? lol

i know hes a kid, an im ripping on a kid...but if he wants to be in the big boy land, endorsements and clinics then hes got to be prepared to go toe to toe in comparision with adults. hes not some kid in his bedroom after all. and sorry, but going toe to toe with paul is silly as its a comparison that noone misses

I understand now. You think music is a competition. Ok.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:05 pm
Viking Kong

Aw guys don't get messy and argumentative.

It's a kid playing guitar. He's young. He can play some complex/difficult stuff.

Yeah. He doesn't play it perfect either. I won't say it's far from perfect but it's nowhere near it. I usually don't enjoy music when I can hear little frequent problems, and that was noticeable in these set of videos. In other examples of his playing he has actually done much better, to be honest.

I hear him playing lotsa Paul stuff, there was that vid where he did something... not by Paul. Which was cool.

At the end of the day, he's a kid. What, like, 12? I'll judge him seriously once he's 18 or something, and if he plays then like he does now, then I wouldn't say he's that great.

I wanna hear him play something "slow", actually... Is there any out there?

And yeah this is coming from someone who ain't great at playing guitar, but my ears tell me what sounds good and doesn't, frankly. :lol:

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:06 pm
God Of The Sun

MissMisstreater wrote:
stringskipper wrote:

i know hes a kid, an im ripping on a kid...but if he wants to be in the big boy land, endorsements and clinics then hes got to be prepared to go toe to toe in comparision with adults. hes not some kid in his bedroom after all. and sorry, but going toe to toe with paul is silly as its a comparison that noone misses

??????????

quite the opposite at last. theres no competition to it, hence why iv spent this thread talking about finding a voice.

shredding is about as competative as it gets....i gave up on shredding (mainly because ill never win...an even if id....is it really worth winning? lol)

you (and everyone else) keep avoiding my point...if he was 40, would you be impressed? because...and let me put this on a separate line so theres no confussion

im blown away by what this kid can do, especially at that age

but would i ever buy it? send him a penny? because on a cd...it dont matter how old you are.... good tunes are good tunes. and theres a million out there who play better tunes, or the same tunes cleaner.

this kid could enter a TALENT contest and win no doubt! but what about releasing an album?

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

frankenstone wrote:
MissMisstreater wrote:
stringskipper wrote:

??????????

quite the opposite at last. theres no competition to it, hence why iv spent this thread talking about finding a voice.

shredding is about as competative as it gets....i gave up on shredding (mainly because ill never win...an even if id....is it really worth winning? lol)

you (and everyone else) keep avoiding my point...if he was 40, would you be impressed? because...and let me put this on a separate line so theres no confussion

im blown away by what this kid can do, especially at that age

but would i ever buy it? send him a penny? because on a cd...it dont matter how old you are.... good tunes are good tunes. and theres a million out there who play better tunes, or the same tunes cleaner.

this kid could enter a TALENT contest and win no doubt! but what about releasing an album?

His not 40, this is a 13 year old more proficient on guitar then most will be in a life time. I admire this kid for what he has potential to become.

Did you find your voice, and develop good phrasing, feel timing at 13? who has? That comes with experience. And this kid is WAAAY ahead of the game, so far.

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:30 pm
God Of The Sun

couldnt agree more there, thats a good point

but then again rusty cooley has all the technique in the world and barely has a voice

francesco farreri has even more....an hell never have a voice!

im never gona praise this kid based on his potential, ill buy his record when he DOES something with all this potential

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

couldnt agree more there, thats a good point

but then again rusty cooley has all the technique in the world and barely has a voice

francesco farreri has even more....an hell never have a voice!

im never gona praise this kid based on his potential, ill buy his record when he DOES something with all this potential

Well MissMisstreater I know what you're saying, but take into account his age. At that age, what do kids want to do the most? Of course, emulate their heroes. I doubt he will try to find his own voice till he gets into his mid to late teens.

It's not fair to ignore his potential either. What potential do any of us have to put out a record? The only one who has done that is Stringskipper, and he fully agrees that the kid is a monster and will continue to grow.

Not trying to nitpick at you, cause I do agree with your points that Anton is not a mature guitarist...but he's just a kid, and a hell of a lot mature than a lot of players all over the world and this board. When you compare him to Kirk Hammet or Herman Li...who've had much more records than Anton... They cower in front of the 11 year old.

I doubt he has the thoughts, "I be able to play to be professional, I gotta write original thought provoking music..." at the moment. He's just out there to play some bad ass guitar and enjoy the heck out of himself.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:33 pm
Viking Kong

Refried Bean wrote:
While I agree that he needs to show off some creativity of his own, IMO Rich Ward pwns all.
, people who bash this kid are simply just trying to knock him down to a lower level where they can compare themselves to Rich Ward pwns all.
him and feel slightly better after realizing they probably will never reach his height of Rich Ward pwns all.
technical superiority. :lol:

That's my words coming straight out of Bean's mouth, it's exactly what I wanted to say, exept I wanted to say it in flaming mode while throwing a few f words here and there. Since what I wanted to say is already written I'll just add the f words:

fucking, fuckers, pussies, bitches, shit, morons, assholes, losers, cocksuckers.

Truth is, this kid's penis shreds better than you (you being anyone looking for any lameass shit excuse to depreciate this kid's talent) and you suck. Read the rest of Bean's post that I quoted above and you'll have the rest of what I wanted to write here, without the f words.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:45 pm
God Of The Sun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CqeSlF_tG4&feature=channel_page

Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:59 pm
Superhero

Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:09 pm
God Of The Sun

i think its the 16th caprice.

it's not, but I'll keep on searching. it's a paganini fo sho right?

Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Superhero

maybe the 15th then, i cant memeber exatctly. im sure it was in the teens tho.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:20 pm
Dr. X

i think that says it all....sure this kid has talent, hes a hell of an athlete... and an impressionist, but when it comes down to musical factors, vibrato, stage confidence (which seems to be the general consensus as to why hes a little off here) hes average at best

you can't really talk about stage presence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl1W_zgD ... annel_page

Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:11 pm
Superhero

Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:14 pm
God Of The Sun

MissMisstreater wrote:
i think that says it all....sure this kid has talent, hes a hell of an athlete... and an impressionist, but when it comes down to musical factors, vibrato, stage confidence (which seems to be the general consensus as to why hes a little off here) hes average at best

TEH LULZ!!11 PWNAGE :lol:

Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:46 pm
Viking Kong

Dr Zaius wrote:
MissMisstreater wrote:

TEH LULZ!!11 PWNAGE :lol:
:lol:
Damn!

I just want to know what the heck kind of guitar that kid was playing.
Looks pretty cool!
Some kind of custom job?

Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:23 am
Superhero

Im not sure if thats his guitar, kramer are/were still building his last i heard.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:44 am
Viking Kong

Im not sure if thats his guitar, kramer are/were still building his last i heard.
Sort of a cool looking headstock.
Hell, the whole thing looked cool!
I didn't see a name on it, though.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:48 am
Viking Kong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xegsEsNv ... re=channel

:lol: The long sustained notes sound like they've come straight out of the X files!

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:44 am
Dr. X

hahaahaah this thread is the funniest shit ever. Thats why ima member of this board, to see flaming passions for guitar go at it. hahahaahh

can we just settle on this kid being...terribly good(a depreciating word in front followed by a complimenting word second)?

immediately when i saw the "he has to create his own music" opinions of yalls, i thought of shawn lane for some reason...this kid kinda resembles a young shawn lane, if he started making music like THAT then there would be no words against him at all.

alas, we shall see in due time.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next