View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 .: NAMM 2009 videos :. 
Queen Dork of the board

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTDXwypsNYs

Enjoy :)

~~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~~

Last edited by flying-dino on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:12 am
God Of The Sun

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:17 am
Queen Dork of the board

It seemed like: Scarified, as... Scarified.
It didn't sound any different then the other hundred times I heard it in the past year, except for that dead stop about 3/4 the way through. There's such an echo / delay on the audio that it's really difficult to discern the parts. Not a bad vid at all... just not the "amazing, over the top, everyone is 300% better in this band, you have to hear this!" version I thought was going to happen. It looks like everyone was spot-on and it was probably kickass "in person"... I don't think Paul's done anything in the past couple years but go out and knock 'em dead! :)

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:36 am
Site Admin

You'll notice this version is about 15 seconds faster than Paul plays with any other band.

Reason? Nobody can play it that fast.

also HD is ready

Regards,
Ken

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Just watch this video from G3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YaBShFW0co

You only need to listen to the first 15 seconds to hear the difference. It's literally....Night and Day.

I just timed it, and this particular version is 10 seconds slower.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:09 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

It's not only that, it's also about the precision & authority that Scott plays it, not to mention the effortlessness. Jeff is a great drummer, but when it comes to doublebass even he must bow to the master.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:32 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:22 am
Queen Dork of the board

... I'm the only foo' crazy enough to have actually watched Scarified about a hundred times in the past few months. I wish I was exaggerating but that's actually probably pretty close. It's a special layer of purgatory that all video cataloguers are assigned to... LOL.

Like I said it's not a bad video and it sure as heck isn't a bad song / bad performance! The fluid ease which he plays those parts while he saunters across the stage... simply jaw-dropping.
It didn't knock my socks off. It was Scarified, played well, but... not the "amazing and insane, over the top" I'd been told to expect.
It seems the main issue is that delay/echo, which was not so prominent in Statesboro Blues.
When my headache goes away sometime tomorrow I will be cranking that video to give it a really fair shake. And the G3 one too. Just to hear if I hear a difference.

The G3 thing, you reminded me what I was going to say: it seemed like there was something missing in the sound for the NAMM Scarified... there apparently was. I could be wrong. The rhythm guitar, played in G3 by Bruce, and on the Euro tour by Emi, was missing. So maybe that is part of what I am attributing as "it sounded average to me".

& btw Scott is a kickass drummer.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:39 am
Viking Kong

Holy shit it kicks ass... Paul sounds like he tried to recreate the original Racer X tone, soaked in reverb and really distorted. He played the original lick after the rythm, the scary one with sweeps, before playing the classical music section, sadly he played the shittier one the second time he finished the rythm. The tempo is fast, it's probably the best version I've heard in a long time. I hope someone has a bootleg.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:07 am
Viking Kong

I was viewer #3, also...
It didn't sound any different then the other hundred times I heard it in the past year, except for that dead stop about 3/4 the way through.

Paul's done the stop before. He stopped doing about after G3-ish. Perhaps earlier.

To me this sounds VERY different. It sounds more like Racer X. It sounds meaner. Scott and John made it so. Sadly Bruce's harmonies couldn't complete it but it was a very mean performance of Scarified that Paul's band have not done before.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:59 am
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
I was viewer #3, also...
It didn't sound any different then the other hundred times I heard it in the past year, except for that dead stop about 3/4 the way through. There's such an echo / delay on the audio that it's really difficult to discern the parts. Not a bad vid at all... just not the "amazing, over the top, everyone is 300% better in this band, you have to hear this!" version I thought was going to happen. It looks like everyone was spot-on and it was probably kickass "in person"... I don't think Paul's done anything in the past couple years but go out and knock 'em dead! :)

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

God that was one of a Troll post!

Now i will enjoy scarified so fu :D

Well PG´is playing trough a Randy Rhoads stack :D not just a small combo :twisted:

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:30 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

flying-dino wrote:
I was viewer #3, also...
It didn't sound any different then the other hundred times I heard it in the past year, except for that dead stop about 3/4 the way through.

Paul's done the stop before. He stopped doing about after G3-ish. Perhaps earlier.

To me this sounds VERY different. It sounds more like Racer X. It sounds meaner. Scott and John made it so. Sadly Bruce's harmonies couldn't complete it but it was a very mean performance of Scarified that Paul's band have not done before.

I agree. And it's faster.

And Jenn, you don't have to listen through the whole song to see that it's different from Paul's version. Of course they're the same song so there aren't HUGE differences but they're pretty audible if you know where to "look".

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:50 am
God Of The Sun

flying-dino wrote:
I was viewer #3, also...

God that was one of a Troll post!

Now i will enjoy scarified so fu :D

Well PG´is playing trough a Randy Rhoads stack :D not just a small combo :twisted:

hahaha you're right about the stack and troll :lol:

incredible vid

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:12 pm
Superhero

Wow, now that's incredibly "short" version of Scarified :lol:

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Hot Damn! That's one blistering rendition of scarified!

Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Queen Dork of the board

I said the song was performed well, Scott's a kickass drummer, I waxed poetic about Paul's playing, etc. and got called a troll?!
Not only are some of these fans rude, but they have tunnel vision and don't see compliments when they are doled out in plain sight.
Oh well...

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:42 pm
Viking Kong

LOL.
I said the song was performed well, Scott's a kickass drummer, I waxed poetic about Paul's playing, etc. and got called a troll?!
Not only are some of these fans rude, but they have tunnel vision and don't see compliments when they are doled out in plain sight.
Oh well...

Maybe when you have such long posts, it's hard to keep track of things.

Bullet points next time? :lol: I'm kidding y'all :wink:

Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:46 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
LOL.
Oh well...

Mark the intressting stuff in bold will yah :twisted:

Haha just messing with´ya! ;D

You did say that it wasnt anything special against PG´s band so thats trolling 101.

The sky is blue! na its red.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Like I said it's not a bad video and it sure as heck isn't a bad song / bad performance! The fluid ease which he plays those parts while he saunters across the stage... simply jaw-dropping.
It didn't knock my socks off. It was Scarified, played well, but... not the "amazing and insane, over the top" I'd been told to expect.

Stop listening to Paul. The differences aren't Paul....Take his guitar out of your head....you're not going to hear any great difference between Paul with Paul and Paul with Racer X...other than the speed...it's WAY FASTER.

It's Scott's FEET and John's Bass. That's it....it's that simple. I can listen to Jeff's video and in 5 seconds tell it's not Scott.

Regards,
Ken

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:50 am
Profile WWW
Search Button God!

It's Scott's FEET and John's Bass. That's it....it's that simple.

You can feel the energy. Simply awesome. 8)

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next