View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Racer X Show Recap 
Motorman

Here's one picture to hold you guys until I get the rest editted and uploaded ...

HAhaha the outfit rocks! I love the red leather pants. It's like Glenn Tiptons red pants in the Screaming For Vengance tour live DVD.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:15 am
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Yeah his outfit was kinda... ehh... but his pants rocked. And when he was using the 500 it looked awesome.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:18 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:40 am
Superhero

i know theyre not the greatest quality in the world but i managed to take a lot with my camera phone. Im just so blessed that i even made it to the show. Thank you Ken for letting us know that we didint need any pass. Right after i saw that, i drove down for 2 hours, luckily found a parking spot and got there at 7:30 when the doors opened. i bolted and cut through at least 120 people, i honestly didint care, i just ran as fast as i can. As people were saying, there was the VIP section and the non vip section. i was in the front row of the non vip section but it was still pretty far away from the stage. EricF texted me saying, "Dude i jumped the barrier" and i looked to myself. fuck this, this is racer x yo, and i hopped that barrier like a ninja. Couple of minutes later, there were some followers, i gave people courage and hope to jump the barrier haha. So yeah the show was soooo amazing. im just still in shock that i was even there. Later i ended up in the way front and met with Brono and EricF. I really can't remember much because im just sooo tired and im writing all this in a hurry..i dont even knwo why??? but yeah Jeff is an amazing person no doubt! He is so down to earth and a great guy to talk to, very funny as well. I can tell any racer x fans that i sang with racer x! He jumped down and put the mic over our head and we all sang together which was awesome! oh yeah and i can also tell you that Jeff picked me up and we took a picture(you'll see it soon lol =) ). Well im going to stop blabbering about this and you guys can take a look at the picture. Some of the ppl i met after the show were: Freddie Nelson, Andy Timmons, GUTHRIE GOVAN OMGGG!, Mike Szuter, Jeff Martin, John Alderate(kinda, he was in a hurry), Scott Travis, and Jeff Bowders.

Oh he sang Hammer Away at the very end and i have to say, it was pretty fucking amazing...

here are some pics of the show and the pic i took with the guys.

Iseriously love jeff, hes so cool! we probably had the longest talk with jeff bowders. He talked to us about GIT and some other stuff. Great guy to be around and talk with!

eric mike and brono

guthrie is the fucking man! he is so funny and down to earth.

Freddie Nelson is such a cool guy. if you guys ever meet him and talk to him, hes so friendly. Amazing singer!

lyrics to fire of rock ( EricF owns it)

Not the best picture of pauls new pedalboard, but its what i have.

____________Here are the pictures from the racer x show

cool pic, you can see the pedals little bit more clearly than the other one.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:55 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

I was really 'Hammered Away' at that point. :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:00 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Location: A small town called Los Angeles...you may have heard of it.
unfortunately...i had to leave the show early. i had been at the show since 8:30am working and demoing so by 11:00pm my head was throbbing and i had to sleep. but i persisted long enough to see the might that is Racer X.

Brono and I kept in touch through texting most of the day. I had a helluva time getting parking. The parking lot at the convention center closed at 12:00am...yeah, another $17.00 for parking.

I walked into the Sheraton through the back entrance, where I finally met Brono...who, being the nice guy he is, was totally cool letting me jump into line with him; AT THE FRONT may I add. But I decided I had to be fare. Eric wasn't too far behind, so while my girl went and found something to eat we hung out and talked. And before I knew it, the doors opened.

Andy's set was cool...THAT AT100 IS SOOOO AWESOME and sounds wonderful. By the way, got to play one on Sunday and it is one of the best playing guitars.

I loved Paul's set. I was so happy when I heard "Down to Mexico"...I love that riff and song.
My girlfriend would later tell me that although she hates instrumental rock music...she did enjoy Paul's set.

Racer X...come on, do I need to say it? Okay...AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, PHENOMENAL, CRAZY, OFF THE HOOK...it felt so good. I was banging my head as much as I could stand it. I think it may have exacerbated my headache though.

I wish I could have stomached staying for those close and hung out with you guys that were there. So next time...because I sure as hell know that there will be a next time...I'm buying a round!

By the way...that Airplane Flanger sounded great!

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:11 am
Profile WWW
Search Button God!

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:20 am
Dr. X

It was beyond amazing! I felt like I was 15 again. So cool to hear those songs played again. Jeff was especially on fire and sounded BETTER than the albums.
I know I saw Ken there at some point but I had my usual NAMM drunk on and the later part of the night is very blurry. We talked, right Ken? :oops: Hope those guys do it again soon!

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Fuck this looks so great I'm about to cry. If I don't see Racer X live at some point of my life, I'll kill myself.

I hope a new album is coming, I'm praying the lord.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:57 am
King Of The Monsters

But his jacket with TRIUMPH on it....now, thats CLASSIC.

What a great bunch of pics...RACER X OWNS.

My time will come xD

Image Image

Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
Queen Dork of the board

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Last edited by flying-dino on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:51 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Well i got one of those shirts...

Sean Pierce wrote:
unfortunately...i had to leave the show early. i had been at the show since 8:30am working and demoing so by 11:00pm my head was throbbing and i had to sleep. but i persisted long enough to see the might that is Racer X.

Brono and I kept in touch through texting most of the day. I had a helluva time getting parking. The parking lot at the convention center closed at 12:00am...yeah, another $17.00 for parking.

I walked into the Sheraton through the back entrance, where I finally met Brono...who, being the nice guy he is, was totally cool letting me jump into line with him; AT THE FRONT may I add. But I decided I had to be fare. Eric wasn't too far behind, so while my girl went and found something to eat we hung out and talked. And before I knew it, the doors opened.

Andy's set was cool...THAT AT100 IS SOOOO AWESOME and sounds wonderful. By the way, got to play one on Sunday and it is one of the best playing guitars.

I loved Paul's set. I was so happy when I heard "Down to Mexico"...I love that riff and song.
My girlfriend would later tell me that although she hates instrumental rock music...she did enjoy Paul's set.

Racer X...come on, do I need to say it? Okay...AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, PHENOMENAL, CRAZY, OFF THE HOOK...it felt so good. I was banging my head as much as I could stand it. I think it may have exacerbated my headache though.

I wish I could have stomached staying for those close and hung out with you guys that were there. So next time...because I sure as hell know that there will be a next time...I'm buying a round!

By the way...that Airplane Flanger sounded great!

Awsome man! How do it feel to have an "Bangover" after a Racer X gig?! :D

Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I really wish I could have been there! :)

The #1 Queensryche Source

Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:43 pm
God Of The Sun

EDIT: This is like one of the only pictures of the bass player for Racer X. Like everyone missed him... or was he hiding in a corner? He was apparently not Mr. Social after the set (neither was Paul... that's just an observation, not a critique).

So you dont even know his name.... ? :roll:

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:23 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

flying-dino wrote:
EDIT: This is like one of the only pictures of the bass player for Racer X. Like everyone missed him... or was he hiding in a corner? He was apparently not Mr. Social after the set (neither was Paul... that's just an observation, not a critique).

Bam! Major embaressment for the dino! How can you be on this board and not even know about John!? He was on the front of the news page for months! Not to mention the entire thread about him at the top of this forum! Top guy!

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:03 pm
Viking Kong

flying-dino wrote:

I was going to say the same. :lol:

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:03 pm
Queen Dork of the board

Type fast, terrible with names, plus I never know whether he prefers Juan or John, so to err on the side of caution, he's the bassist for Racer X, k kiddo? & How about not following me around and posting some negative comment to every one of my posts? LOL.

To the show:

Oh man... (got these 2 from Harmony Central) the temperature.

> Not to mention it was -15 back east and record 80's and sunny in CA.

UGH! No wonder it looks like that show was a sweaty mess after 4 songs. So the room was like 105-110 onstage?

& about the security of the convention in general:

They were being very diligent about checking ID's and I saw people trying to get in on last years badges, etc. But it's pretty obvious someones hawking badges somehow. I mean when you see these packs of 4 chicks in heels complete with tats, piercings, and spandex, with V badges, I am pretty sure they aren't working at the local GC.

It is good that they opened this concert to the public. Just too bad they decided at the very last minute.

I updated the review very slightly; it should load a lot faster now.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:09 pm
God Of The Sun

Type fast, terrible with names, plus I never know whether he prefers Juan or John, so to err on the side of caution, he's the bassist for Racer X, k kiddo? & How about not following me around and posting some negative comment to every one of my posts? LOL.

Cmon be real now... you did check that up just now XD Yeah he is the bassist of Racer X, what other band is he bassist of?

Following you?! dudette you are EVERYWHERE how can i not find a flying-dino post?

and to add to it we where 3 guys that thought the same now so dont blame it on me :)

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:44 pm
Viking Kong

I didn't mean it that seriously. I was just jokin'

Sorry for any offence. =/

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next