View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next
 RACER X - NAMM Concert 
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Ugh well I don't want to argue so I just won't share anymore information.. I really wish I could relive that night. It truly was the best night of my life.. even though I learned, saw, and heard things that didn't make me very happy.. everything else made up for it. If anyone wishes to listen to me with open ears feel free to PM me.

I really wish Racer X would play again some day. :[

Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Ugh well I don't want to argue so I just won't share anymore information.. I really wish I could relive that night. It truly was the best night of my life.. even though I learned, saw, and heard things that didn't make me very happy.. everything else made up for it. If anyone wishes to listen to me with open ears feel free to PM me.

I really wish Racer X would play again some day. :[

PM me about it dude

Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Queen Dork of the board

Holy bleep, did it seem argumentative? Oh man I hope it didn't seem that way!
(all possibly mis-construable things edited.)

All of the footage from this show has been great to watch. :)

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Last edited by flying-dino on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:56 pm
Viking Kong

Holy bleep, did it seem argumentative? Oh man I hope it didn't seem that way!
(all possibly mis-construable things edited.)

All of the footage from this show has been great to watch.

& You are actually super lucky, EricF: imagine if you'd had to stay at NAMM for 3-4 days, walking around to all those booths every day like most of the vendors were doing. Your feet would have been *so* sore! You got to see the show without any excess soreness. Double bonus :)

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Your posts confuse me because you edit them so frequently :(

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:48 pm
Queen Dork of the board

I only edited the one prior to that because it had something that could possibly have been seen as argumentative. I don't like to have people feeling like they can't share willingly... so I edited it.

It's like we (forum members) are self-censoring and self-correcting, which is a nice thing.

EricF's review is pure gold, hands-down and I would hate to lose such a thing. He's a smart dude, great asset to the forum, so it's vital that he stay pleased, you know?

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:27 pm
God Of The Sun

I didn't edit that one at all!

I only edited the one prior to that because it had something that could possibly have been seen as argumentative. I don't like to have people feeling like they can't share willingly... so I edited it.

It's like we (forum members) are self-censoring and self-correcting, which is a nice thing.

EricF's review is pure gold, hands-down and I would hate to lose such a thing. He's a smart dude, great asset to the forum, so it's vital that he stay pleased, you know?

No...it really isn't. We've all asked you who knows how many times to please stop editing your posts. So again, could you please stop editing your posts?

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:09 pm
God Of The Sun

I believe Ken has made it pretty clear about the editing. Let's keep it to a minimum. Now let's all get back to the subject at hand, RACER X!!!

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:03 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

I didn't edit that one at all!

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

I was talking about the post before that you indeed did edit.

And I like how you say that Eric must be treated nicely because he has important information Yeah, Eric IS cool, we treat him nicely anyway. But thanks for making everyone else feel special too :lol:

I'm not getting angry at you or anything, but it's nice to know what's going on once in a while, if we're at a forum and there's posts about something that has happened in the thread that we're reading yet we can't possibly know about because it as been edited out :?

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:35 pm
God Of The Sun

All this posting about posting is really starting to get on my nerves. Be done with it already or go start another post about it & vent there.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:48 am
Profile WWW
is the Siren's Eye

it's sad that the webmasteer didn't generate an "All Board" email regarding the NAMM show. Most of us are use to paying $195+ over face value to see a concert and I'm sure many of us would have stepped up to the plate for a "Membership" had we been given advance warning. Hell, I spent $2k in travel expenses to fly in for the last show at the Whiskey.
One of these days the members of the band are going to have to MAKE the time to perform for their fans and I don't mean the industry types.
IF $$ is the only consideration for a performance then "why" don't you come to us first. I bet you'd find that we're willing to pay the freight. :(

xlr8

Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:51 am
God Of The Sun

i agree with all of that...except, Ken (the webmaster) knew as little as we did, i mean he was there, he couldnt update us

anyway, he made it up to us with some great videos

Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

it's sad that the webmasteer didn't generate an "All Board" email regarding the NAMM show.

Sad? From first announcement in November until Saturday, January 17 at 3PM (that's 5 hours before the show), Paul and I BOTH were told it was an INVITATION ONLY SHOW....that means, you have be invited by Ibanez.

It was announced on BLABBERMOUTH, PUT ON THE NEWS PAGE AND I POSTED MESSAGE ON THE RACER X MYSPACE BLOG about the "PRIVATE" show. Accept some personal responsibility...the information was there....it only took minimal effort to keep up. And like I said, we all thought it was Private.....Blast IBANEZ for that misinformation.

So don't give me "SAD THE WEBMASTER".

As soon as I found out from Ibanez, BY ACCIDENT, that it was NOT a private show....I only had MY PHONE as means to post a message on the board.

Regards,
Ken

Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Most people didn't find out till the day of the show/day before. It's not Ken's fault. All the big shots were saying it was private.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:22 pm
Site Admin

The thing is...I feel badly about not being able to tell everyone....RACER X is fucking playing!! GET HERE.

I would have yelled from the highest mountain.....You old timers know...i've told you all....NO BITCHING about Racer X playing in LA and not going....cause when they play...YOU have to go to them...not the other way around.

If I had known anyone could have gotten in....that hotel should have been SWAMPED...overwhelmed with Racer X fans.

Anyway...personal rant over.....I can't change or feel responsible....but I wish I could and I do.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Ken, you don't need to explain why you didn't do it. We all know that you would have done. It was just one newcomer who didn't bothered to read the whole post and had to blame someone.

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:43 am
Profile YIM
Racer X - Current Member

Hi Kids..........I to was wishing for a way to get the word out when we finally saw that most could get in to the gig but by that time it was to late and too packed.It was an Ibenez party centered around Paul and the PGM model guitar's so we all just did our job and had a great time.......sorry for the potty mouth of mine at the show but when I came out a saw allot of guys with there arms folded and blank stairs , I fought to unfold them and turn it into a Rock Show.Its Funny I had just seen the dates for the American leg of Paul's tour with George lynch and its exactly what I brought up to Paul at the show for Racer X to do.Do a House of Blues tour in the West maybe In Texas,Chicago and N.Y.....Great places to play and see a band.Another thought was To get some other X bands...IE,Static X,Kings X...ect, and call it the DBl or triple X Tour.It was great having that Blob of fans to come to for vocal sing alongs at the Namm show stage left.Love to have a whole crowd of that some day.Every one seems pretty busy right now but lets all hope and Pray something gives in the future.You all deserve it.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

so do you man, you look so at home singing these songs

we want more!!!

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

That's a heart touching post, Jeff, and there's nothing more that us guys would like to see than you singing and the band performing again. You All Stars deserve some fun too! Some day. :wink:

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:49 pm
Queen Dork of the board

~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~

Last edited by flying-dino on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:00 pm
Viking Kong

You know that most of the old people who post on this board would fly from wherever WE are just to see you guys play live. We too hope and PRAY for that day to come!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:59 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next