View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Fav RX Album 

Favorite Racer X album
Street Lethal 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Second Heat 22%  22%  [ 13 ]
Extreme Volume I 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Extreme Volume II 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Technical Difficulties 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Superheroes 36%  36%  [ 21 ]
Snowball Of Doom 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 59

Fav RX Album 
Motorman

The next one is already my favorite. I mean, it's not just X... it's like... XXX!

Good name for the album!

Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Racer X - Current Member

Post favorite!
the new live record set (it will be 2 cds) is my choice. i cant tell you how much i think this is the best representation of the sheer in your face metal the x is known to deliver. 3 solos and full excitement. sound is from the mixing board at the last japan show but you will get it.

ALDERETE

Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:14 pm
Godzilla

I think I was there!

Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:29 am
Dr. X

Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:00 am
Motorman

a) Racer X to me, sound better live. They are faster, more aggressive and definitely crazier.
b) It has live solos in it. It shows both aspects of band interaction and individual talent.
c) I never got to see any live shows.
d) It has better solos than the studio versions in my opinion.
e) It was Racer X back in the day. Most people reminisce about the twin-guitar days, make no mistake.
f) Bruce was running neck and neck with Paul. Which was cool.

Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:03 am
Profile WWW
Golden God

Post Re: favorite!
Alderete wrote:
the new live record set (it will be 2 cds) is my choice. i cant tell you how much i think this is the best representation of the sheer in your face metal the x is known to deliver. 3 solos and full excitement. sound is from the mixing board at the last japan show but you will get it.

ALDERETE

You can't imagine how much I can't wait to hear this,John.You guys never cease to amaze me.Thanks,Sean.

Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:53 am
Profile WWW
Promises to use Search button

Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:01 pm
Profile ICQ
is evil...Evil Joe

Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:26 pm
God Of The Sun

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:41 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Credit Alex on ressurecting this one...good thread BTW..should be a sticky...Hmmmm.

If I was going to review all the albums....

Street Lethal - It has classic Racer X songs that are still played today. Paul's playing is great...but to me, this CD is lacking Scott's drumming and Bruce's playing. So, if I was looking to buy 1 "old" album...I would start with Second Heat, not Street Lethal.

Second Heat - This is the best of the "old" albums. This is the first appearance with Scott and Bruce. It has great songs....2 killer covers, although Heart Of A Lion technically isn't a cover. It also has Scarified. If you're starting your Racer X collection, this isn't a bad place to start.

Extreme Volume I - This is the best of the Live recordings, in my opinion. Mainly because it has all the solos. It really displays Racer X's live skills at their peak.

Extreme Volume II - Tons of good songs on this one. In my opinion, if you're buying EVI, you gotta buy EVII since it's the same performance. Consider it like buying a double CD.

Technical Difficulties - The rebirth. There's no Bruce, but what makes this CD cool is A) they're BACK! and B) There's versions of songs written in the 80's (Fire Of Rock, Poison Eyes, etc) and they sound as if they were written in the 90's. Also has one of Paul's most devastating solos...on Snakebite.

Superheroes - This is Racer X's best CD, in my opinion. The song writing is great....from the title track, to the 2 instrumentals. Even includes an old song from the 80's, Mad At The World, that sounds current. In some ways...shows they were ahead of their time.

Live At The Whisky - It's a good CD....but what I think is wrong with it, is the mix. I think the mix could have been better. It's a bit too bassy, for my tastes...the drums are muddy....the drums on EVI and II are better, and that was recorded 14 years earlier.

Getting Heavier - It's different than Superheroes and Technical Difficulties. What I like about it...is the mix and mastering. Paul's mix reminds me HEAVILY of Van Halen I, the way he has it separated. Songs...there are some very cool songs....and some songs that just don't seem "Racer X"...so, some people are disappointed with it. The first 5 songs...Sirens Eye and Endless (which was also from the 80's), are my favorites.

Snowball Of Doom II - Only a 2 track recording from the board....it's just cool to hear them live in Japan....I love Paul's solo.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

i'd have to say superheroes,once i heard that cd racer x were my favourite band ever!

time before the sun and the title track are awesome as are the rest of the songs,and i love it when jeff nails the high note in time before the sun on the dvd,while pauls playing some crazy lick!its genius

has anyone commented on golden god on gh?paul's solo is awesome!and jeff must be wearing the tightest trousers EVER! lol

Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3