View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 LEAST favorite Racer X Song??? 
Viking Kong

Post LEAST favorite Racer X Song???
Well, Ill admit it, I cant love EVERY Racer X song. Some just dont do it for me... Im interested to see if anyone else here can admit to the same thing. I only have a few... and Ill put them in order from more favored to less favored.

Ghost Dance - creepy intro, but thats pretty cool. Im really not a fan of the whispering lyrics, but thats not my schtick. When Jeff kicks it up, it kicks ass. Especially that one chord before the chorus ends. Mesmorizing!
(Also, the sustain on that note in the solo kinda hurts my ears, but its impressive how long the note is held, and how it slowly fades out with hammer ons)

Hotter than Fire - this song has some rocking rocking riffs, but theres something about the progress that just doesnt hook me very much. The song has its highlights, though.

Living the Hard Way - this is kind of awkward as it stands out most on Second Heat. Its not a bad song (some of those guitar harmonies rule :)) but its my least favored on the entire album.

Heaven in '74 - I wasnt around in 1974, first off. The guitar work seems kinda redundant. That one chord ringing for the majority of the song. I dont know what it is about it. Also, the creeping lyrics :?

Everything's Everything - the vocals sort of remind me of a lullaby, for some reason. Also, the chugging guitars does kinda get old after a while!

Fri May 09, 2003 1:19 am
Unt! I move topics!

Anyone who's been paying attention knows I only really like the heavy stuff ... slow melodic stuff puts me to sleep. (Don't get me started on "power ballads" ... there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one).

"Waiting" ... zzzzzzz

Fri May 09, 2003 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

ok...what doesn´t hook me....17th Moon....Evil Joe....and Everything´s Everything....

On 17th Moon i don´t like the melody....dunno why....
Evil Joe.....arrghhh.....the singing
Everthing´s Everything.....boring

Fri May 09, 2003 11:00 am
Profile ICQ
Golden God

Heaven in 74.......the world would be a better place if this song was'nt around!!!

Fri May 09, 2003 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Anyone who's been paying attention knows I only really like the heavy stuff ... slow melodic stuff puts me to sleep. (Don't get me started on "power ballads" ... there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one).

"Waiting" ... zzzzzzz

Im the same way, but I like Waiting (theres not a song on Technical Difficulties that I dont like).

There are few slow songs I really dig, I mainly go for the heavy metal Racer X that I've grown to love.

Fri May 09, 2003 7:52 pm
Motorman

heaven in 74 rocks!!! so does everythings everything....same with 17th moon!!! bah i say!! BAH :o

Sat May 10, 2003 3:10 am
Motorman

I wouldn't say that I'm blind follower of Racer X, or PG for that matter, but I can't really think of any RX tunes I dislike. I run 5-10 km a day. Every day I generate a random playlist to download to my mp3 player. Racer X tunes are collectively my "Eye of the Tiger". I can't remember one time that I've pressed the skip button for a RX tune during my workout. I need some pretty groovin' tunes to keep my pace. Even the slower songs keep me going. There is some solo PG stuff that I FF through; some stuff off Raw Blues Power for example. That's why I love the band so much. I love every song on Street Lethal as much, if not more than the first time I heard it.

Sat May 10, 2003 2:46 pm
Viking Kong

ok...what doesn´t hook me....17th Moon....

:shock: OMG!!! Dude are you out of your mind?!?!?!

17th Moon is one of PG's BADDEST Riffs to date...X

Only one song out of the entire RX catalog blows it for me: "Everything's Everything"...X :?

Sat May 10, 2003 5:49 pm
Site Admin

Only one song out of the entire RX catalog blows it for me: "Everything's Everything"...X :?

Sure...pick the only I played guitar on the demo.

Regards,
Ken

Sat May 10, 2003 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Xelatunes wrote:

Sure...pick the only I played guitar on the demo.

:twisted: LOL!!! Gotta call em as I see em Kenneth...X :twisted:

Sat May 10, 2003 6:42 pm
Dr. X

My least favorite USED to be "Waiting" until I saw them do it live at the Whiskey...Man what a peformance...I couldn't believe the power that song held...

Harsh thread to admit to, but I'm gonna have to go with Heaven in '74...

Sat May 10, 2003 6:42 pm
King Of The Monsters

I really can´t hink of a song I really dislike, like "I skip it when I hear the record", but my "least favourite" would be "Waiting"...

Image Image

Sat May 10, 2003 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Fabman wrote:
ok...what doesn´t hook me....17th Moon....

:shock: OMG!!! Dude are you out of your mind?!?!?!

17th Moon is one of PG's BADDEST Riffs to date...X

I knew i would be slapped in the face for this comment!!!! :oops: but...hey..just my opinion.

Sun May 11, 2003 7:14 pm
Profile ICQ
God Of The Sun

Wow...I personally dig 'Everythings Everything'. To be honest...I don't think there is a song I dislike. Hmm..'Evil Joe' is different, but I don't dislike it, and I never really got into 'God of the Sun' either

I would like to hear what the bands least favorite songs are.

Sun May 11, 2003 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

This thread is rediculous. Which supermodel on the set would you do last? What's the point?

-Chad

Mon May 12, 2003 4:24 am
Unt! I move topics!

This thread is rediculous [sic]. Which supermodel on the set would you do last? What's the point?

-Chad

That depends ... which supermodels are we talking about? :twisted:

Lighten up Chadster ... not a whole lot goin' on in Racer X land at the moment ... gotta have something to post about.

Mon May 12, 2003 4:34 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

This thread is rediculous. Which supermodel on the set would you do last? What's the point?

-Chad

I hate to be a follower, but I gotta agree. I mean I can honestly say that there is not one single Racer X song I dislike. Not One! I love Heaven in 17...and I wasn't born till more than 10 years later! One of my favorites is Waiting....especially on SOD II....AMAZING! Everything's Everything....AWESOME. Sure, there are songs I like more than others, but I almost NEVER skip a song on a racer X cd...unless I'm pissed and wanna hear Scarified, others than that, I almost always listen to every song on the cd. So, what Chad was trying to say was...

Thank you Comic Book Guy.

Mon May 12, 2003 4:34 am
Site Admin

-Chad

Mon May 12, 2003 4:58 am
Viking Kong

What crawled up your asses and laid a colony of toxic eggs that reamed your sphincter of its anal virginity? Come on people, seriously, get with the program.

This thread was created because the best things going on around here is "Hayhay friends when is Racer X playing I want them to play in the club across my street it would be SOOOOO cool! Wut fools? They cant do it!? WTFSHINOWAY!!!"

We've soaked up hundreds of "Favorite Racer X this and that" but when "LEAST favorite Racer X song" comes along its sacrilegious?

If you dont have a least favorite Racer X song, then this thread wasnt for you. Simple as that.

Mon May 12, 2003 5:09 am
Viking Kong

I love Heaven in 17...and I wasn't born till more than 10 years later! .

"Heaven In 17" ??? WTF?!?!?! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mon May 12, 2003 1:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next