View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:41 pm



Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Do you consider Racer X's lyrics to be cheesy? 

Do you think Racer X's lyrics are cheesy?
Yes, cheesy and good 38%  38%  [ 30 ]
Yes, cheesy and bad 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
No, there were cheesier bands in the 80s 40%  40%  [ 31 ]
...lyrics? 12%  12%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 78

 Do you consider Racer X's lyrics to be cheesy? 
Author Message
Motorman
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:35 am
Posts: 288
Location: Crappy town, CA
Post 
Beckerxguitarist wrote:
Sabbath wrote:
Beckerxguitarist wrote:
Zae wrote:
They are known as Judas Priest.


Right!

and

Moonage Daydream = David Bowie
Godzilla = Blue Oyster Cult
children of the grave=black sabbath

fixed 8)


Thanks... but if you don't already know that's a BS track, I think you should jump off a cliff.

truth. But i wouldnt be surprised if there were people who didnt know. I've met people who didnt know Ozzy was in a little ol' band called Black Sabbath. Hell, ive met people who thought Ozzy was American :shock:

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever.
-David St. Hubbins
The Eternal Question


Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:26 pm
Profile
Unt! I'm a Moderator.
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 12:21 am
Posts: 8618
Location: Las Gárgolas, California
Post 
Sabbath wrote:
truth. But i wouldnt be surprised if there were people who didnt know. I've met people who didnt know Ozzy was in a little ol' band called Black Sabbath. Hell, ive met people who thought Ozzy was American :shock:


But when it comes to metal and even guitar... Iron Man comes first.

_________________
Jason Kahrs
October 1, 1973 - January 5, 2010
Rest In Peace My Friend


Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:26 am
Posts: 30
Location: FloweryBranch G.A.
Post 
MDuCran wrote:
Beckerxguitarist wrote:
Ahah!! Thanks for that bit of Racer X trivia. :)

Your rule <3


I have footage of Jeff telling the crowd that. He also mentions that he should have been fired for not knowing that it was David Bowie.



I would like to see that.

_________________
Peace,Love and Good Happiness Stuff.
Image


Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:43 am
Posts: 193
Post 
Zae wrote:
Beckerxguitarist wrote:
Zae wrote:
They are known as Judas Priest.


Right!

and

Moonage Daydream = David Bowie
Godzilla = Blue Oyster Cult


I honestly love Racer X's covers, they make them sound a million times better.


I haven't heard the Judas Priest demo of Heart of a Lion but I personally prefer the version on Halford's Live Insurrection.

_________________
Image


Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:08 am
Profile
King Of The Monsters
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:53 am
Posts: 24189
Location: Santiago, Chile
Post 
SmellyStuff wrote:
Zae wrote:
Beckerxguitarist wrote:
Zae wrote:
They are known as Judas Priest.


Right!

and

Moonage Daydream = David Bowie
Godzilla = Blue Oyster Cult


I honestly love Racer X's covers, they make them sound a million times better.


I haven't heard the Judas Priest demo of Heart of a Lion but I personally prefer the version on Halford's Live Insurrection.


Halford´s version is much more powerful...but Priest´s tune is just rock n roll.

_________________
Viva Chile Mierda!

Image Image


Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Promises to use Search button

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:18 am
Posts: 9
Post 
Aren't most lyrics cheesy?? :o

Racer X are a great band who don't take themselves too seriously, this is a refreshing change from the pompous, pretentious trash that gets played on MTV every day.

I don't really care if the lyrics are a little cheesy, they were probably intended to be!


Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:59 am
Profile
Promises to use Search button

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:18 am
Posts: 9
Post 
Speaking of cheesy lyrics...

What about Kiss, Motley Crue, Poison, Manowar, etc...?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Racer X's lyrics are like Shakespeare recitals compared!! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:04 pm
Profile
Motorman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:17 am
Posts: 425
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Post 
If cheesey means that you find yourself belting them out subconsciously then who cares!!!!

I had a friend that thought the lyrics for sunlit nights were creepy...WTF!!!

I would have that playing at my wedding.

_________________
SambaBoy wrote:
Wtf, I thought you Aussies were all about sex, drinking, smoking and fighting, and here I get a short haired Willy Wonka stabling chairs? :lol: ...


Image


Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:24 am
Profile
Godzilla

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:42 pm
Posts: 603
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Post 
Carbonsausage wrote:
If cheesey means that you find yourself belting them out subconsciously then who cares!!!!

I had a friend that thought the lyrics for sunlit nights were creepy...WTF!!!

I would have that playing at my wedding.


Dude stop bumping old threads :D


Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:38 am
Profile
Motorman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:17 am
Posts: 425
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Post 
El_jefe wrote:
Carbonsausage wrote:
If cheesey means that you find yourself belting them out subconsciously then who cares!!!!

I had a friend that thought the lyrics for sunlit nights were creepy...WTF!!!

I would have that playing at my wedding.


Dude stop bumping old threads :D


Is there anything wrong with that? haha there isn't enough new ones :lol:

_________________
SambaBoy wrote:
Wtf, I thought you Aussies were all about sex, drinking, smoking and fighting, and here I get a short haired Willy Wonka stabling chairs? :lol: ...


Image


Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:55 pm
Profile
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:49 am
Posts: 1888
Location: Sydney
Post 
RacerX's earlier stuff was pretty cheesy but Cacophony's lyrics are just TERRIBLE. There one of my favourite bands but damn...dont mess with the black cat!? haha :lol:

Circus Maximus have my favourite lyrics hands down.

_________________
Image

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"


Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:27 pm
Profile
Unt! I'm a Moderator.
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 12:21 am
Posts: 8618
Location: Las Gárgolas, California
Post 
Image

Sorry but this thread is hilarious. Pao didn't get my sarcasm. And Brono mentioned Black Cat twice. Haha

as far as lyrics.. I've actually started listening to lyrics in songs since the time I last posted in this thread. I still don't think RX's lyrics are cheesey. I just Jeff didn't put much effort into making the lyrics meaningful back then. The lyrics on their newer cds are really deep and mean alot. I think Mr. Big's lyrics are 100x cheesier..

I really just can't imagine how great the songwriting would be today if Racer X recorded a new cd. I'm thinking Jeff has a lot of pent up emotion he's ready to pour into the new cd.. DO IT PAULLL!!! :cry:

_________________
Jason Kahrs
October 1, 1973 - January 5, 2010
Rest In Peace My Friend


Mon May 11, 2009 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:20 am
Posts: 6727
Post 
Racer X lyrics are cheesy, but not really in the heart throb way.


It's awesome cheesy. Anyone who knows my SN on AIM will know how much I like cheese.


Mon May 11, 2009 11:19 pm
Profile
is the Siren's Eye
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:45 am
Posts: 21
Post 
I've still never witnessed the illusive "Sunlit Night".

_________________
www.myspace.com/seafoamer2


Tue May 12, 2009 2:44 am
Profile WWW
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 11:12 pm
Posts: 1015
Location: Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Post 
EricF wrote:
I think Mr. Big's lyrics are 100x cheesier..

I really just can't imagine how great the songwriting would be today if Racer X recorded a new cd. I'm thinking Jeff has a lot of pent up emotion he's ready to pour into the new cd.. DO IT PAULLL!!! :cry:


Didn't Paul mention in an interview that the only thing stopping him from recording another Racer X album was just coming up with lyrics?

_________________
PGM301 > ADA MP-1 > Laney LC30II


Tue May 12, 2009 2:51 am
Profile
Unt! I'm a Moderator.
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 12:21 am
Posts: 8618
Location: Las Gárgolas, California
Post 
pgm992 wrote:
EricF wrote:
I think Mr. Big's lyrics are 100x cheesier..

I really just can't imagine how great the songwriting would be today if Racer X recorded a new cd. I'm thinking Jeff has a lot of pent up emotion he's ready to pour into the new cd.. DO IT PAULLL!!! :cry:


Didn't Paul mention in an interview that the only thing stopping him from recording another Racer X album was just coming up with lyrics?


That's always his excuse.. he hasn't used it recently though. But The Surgeon said it best when he said that that is complete bullshit.. Paul is just trying to make an excuse. Jeff writes the lyrics.. Paul writes the music. A better excuse would be something along the lines of.. Racer X is too badass, I think the hardest part would be writing badass music. LOL! But we all know Paul can still write badass music! Come on Paul!!

_________________
Jason Kahrs
October 1, 1973 - January 5, 2010
Rest In Peace My Friend


Tue May 12, 2009 6:24 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:10 am
Posts: 5299
Location: France
Post 
EricF wrote:
I'm thinking Jeff has a lot of pent up emotion he's ready to pour into the new cd.. DO IT PAULLL!!! :cry:


I hope these emotions are furious anger and mindless violent urges. I don't wanna hear no ballads with keyboards for sissies.

_________________
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/beefsteaknimommy/ARXBA%2008/acidwire-bq-1.jpg[/img]

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !


Tue May 12, 2009 7:09 am
Profile
Dr. X
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:09 pm
Posts: 108
Location: Iceland
Post 
I would say No, there were cheesier bands in the 80s but I had to go with lyrics ? ...:) It's hard to listen to the lyrics when the musicians are that good.

_________________
GIT gave me carpal tunnel syndrome and I still can't play fast enough 8)


Mon May 18, 2009 3:43 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:37 pm
Posts: 5165
Location: London
Post 
Racer X lyrics are just kickass. Especially those of the latter albums.



On the whole topic of new RX albums...



Nahh, I'd feel to awkward commenting on it. :P

_________________
Thanks MDucran


Mon May 18, 2009 4:54 pm
Profile
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:08 pm
Posts: 1673
Post 
Higher than a steeple, yo!

_________________
Image


Thu May 21, 2009 12:56 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.