View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:37 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 People Angry at Paul Gilbert 
Viking Kong

I think this thread wasn't such a great idea.

Sure I wish that Racer X would make it bigger than they are so that the whole world can see how great they are.

But, imagine what the RX members would think if they saw this thread?

Paul

they'd grab a beer and start thinking... what would have happened if we hadn't separated?... ah well... let's drink more beer and forget about it!

nah I reckon they already thought about it... maybe one of em would be kind enough to tell us who here is wrong, and who else is right.

and maybe they all never completely agreed... :roll: heck I don't know, but they wouldn't think anything like "what a bunch of idiots"... we all have the right to have questions...

Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:56 am
Promises to use Search button

I find myself fortunate to have all the music past and present. Isnt it cool to hear racerx band members playing with other musicians too. It makes hearing them together more enjoyable. Its like hearing ozzy with sabbath and dio with sabbath. Then dio with his band or rainbow or ozzy with randy or zak. I am just grateful that they still jam. Ya gotta admit though, Scott with priest, Paul when with Mr Big was cool and a step forward for himself and everyone who jams with him from then on. All of these musicians who play with them are inspired and learn from them and that makes the bands of tomorrow better for us. Its a cycle of coolness!!!!!

Last edited by peasantsreward on Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:48 am
God Of The Sun

Josh wrote:
I think it's pretty obvious why racer x never made it ... The songs are ok, but the focus was on the guitar not the song. Whereas Mr. Big, that changed, and it went to the song.

I strenously disagree. I think the songwriting on the 80's Racer X records is superior to anything released by Mr. Big. That was what made Racer X unique compared to all the other Shrapnel artists ... the songs kicked ass.

The songwriting was definitely better than anything Yngwie Malmsteen was putting out at the time. If Yngwie could get a record contract with a major label and tour the U.S. opening for AC/DC, there is no reason Racer X couldn't have done the same.

Yeah. Yngwie blew the doors down. Racer X appealed to like 1% of music listeners. The only thing they had that was different was the fact they could seriously play. They looked the same as everyone around them did.. In the mid 80s to get out from where they were, you either had to be unique in a huge way or appeal to a lot of people, they didn't really have either.

On the other hand, Mr. Big had a song that struck a nerve with the public...boom, #1 song.

I'm not downing the songs, but i listen back to those albums and don't hear much that gets me going. It's all personal taste. I'll take Toys in the Attic, lol. That's just me.

..but on the other side, i personally wished they could have gotten bigger, but for most of the guys i think it worked out for the better.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:38 am
Profile WWW
Dr. X

racer x are one of the greatest bands of all time, but i say this knowing i live in the past, if racer x got a major deal in 88, they would have been dead in a year as the scene died out.....

shred didnt die... it just went to sleep......

shame really.... fucking kurt cobain....

Dont diss Kurt Cobain! :P hes the one that started me playin guitar :)

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:21 am
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

MissMisstreater wrote:
racer x are one of the greatest bands of all time, but i say this knowing i live in the past, if racer x got a major deal in 88, they would have been dead in a year as the scene died out.....

But he ended everyone else playing guitar... :x

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:22 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

MissMisstreater wrote:

burn your guitar, cut your fingers. you're cursed, and no good music will come from you. jking, but honestly I don't like cobain.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:55 am
Viking Kong

I never listened to Racer X to listen to a guitar band. It's like they say: it's a good band, with good songs, that just happen to have the most terrifying guitar solos ever!

Although the band ended, it was a HUGE step for the the heavy metal history:

If Racer X wasn't over, Scott wouldn't be with Judas, and Painkiller wold NEVER happen!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:07 pm
Profile YIM
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

I'm with Surg.

I never listened to Racer X to listen to a guitar band. It's like they say: it's a good band, with good songs, that just happen to have the most terrifying guitar solos ever!

If Racer X wasn't over, Scott wouldn't be with Judas, and Painkiller wold NEVER happen!

Aye. I love Racer X more for the vocals than the flashy guitars (though I think of the guitars as just a plus) Jeff Martin is an awesome singer. He makes great lyrics and melodies as well. 8)

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:43 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Sir Robin wrote:
I'm with Surg.

Aye. I love Racer X more for the vocals than the flashy guitars (though I think of the guitars as just a plus) Jeff Martin is an awesome singer. He makes great lyrics and melodies as well. 8)

I so agree Pao!

You cant discuiiiiseeee poison eyeeeeeees*sings* dam dam dom dim dom dim dam dom dam dom

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Dxes wrote:
MissMisstreater wrote:

burn your guitar, cut your fingers. you're cursed, and no good music will come from you. jking, but honestly I don't like cobain.

lol i wouldnt say hes the best guitarist but he did start me playing guitar, and followed by Iron maiden moving me more to metal and finally Racer X :)

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Iron maiden

.. Iron Maiden... i hate iron maiden :evil:

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Dxes wrote:
Iron maiden

:shock: BLASPHEMER !!! :evil: :x

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:30 pm
Viking Kong

ReXiX wrote:
Dxes wrote:
Iron maiden

:shock:

INSANE! HOW CAN YOU POSSIBILY NOT LIKE IRON MAIDEN?!?!?!??!?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH THEY'VE DONE FOR HEAVY METAL FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS?!??!?

And the music RAWKS! :twisted:

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:39 pm
God Of The Sun

Xelatunes wrote:
ReXiX wrote:
Dxes wrote:
Iron maiden

INSANE! HOW CAN YOU POSSIBILY NOT LIKE IRON MAIDEN?!?!?!??!?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH THEY'VE DONE FOR HEAVY METAL FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS?!??!?

Haha yeah, but Metallica did more ;)... naa i dont like their songs ... they showd a iron maiden concert on SVT the swedish channel (Yeah paul gilbert song to :P). Me and my dad was like "hahahahaha... " and then we changed channel... came back a hour later and it sounded like it was the same darn song! they ALL sound the same in my ears... its like bruce singing "Yeeaemlgwlgn" and that 1st solo guitarist bugs me soo much! he look sooo cocky that i just want to punch his face. :D

AND the typical stereotype listens to Iron Maiden... even if they dont like em.

Tallica ftw!! :D

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

There'd be NO Metallica if it wasn't for MAIDEN & PRIEST... :x

Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:21 am
God Of The Sun

There'd be NO Metallica if it wasn't for MAIDEN & PRIEST... :x

Sure they would! But witout Ramones and Diamond Head there would be no Metallica ;) Wihtout Maiden or Priest there would not be any RacerX though ;)

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:17 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

plus, metallica's gay... well not all of it, but there isn't much of it I like, the lyrics are crap, I couldn't sing "death" in loops over an E power chord and I'd have metallica lyrics. Xela is right, maiden made metallica, not the other way, and listen to dance of death, one of my favorite songs, it's really cool.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:22 am
God Of The Sun

plus, metallica's gay... well not all of it, but there isn't much of it I like, the lyrics are crap, I couldn't sing "death" in loops over an E power chord and I'd have metallica lyrics. Xela is right, maiden made metallica, not the other way, and listen to dance of death, one of my favorite songs, it's really cool.

lol... Maiden and Metallica is TWO DIFFERENT kinds of bands :) wake up if you cant see the difference ;) And its actually "DIE!" And 99% of the lyrics is very good!

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:26 am
Profile WWW
Tab Master

SambaBoy wrote:
Xelatunes wrote:
ReXiX wrote:
Dxes wrote:
Iron maiden

Haha yeah, but Metallica did more ;)... naa i dont like their songs ... they showd a iron maiden concert on SVT the swedish channel (Yeah paul gilbert song to :P). Me and my dad was like "hahahahaha... " and then we changed channel... came back a hour later and it sounded like it was the same darn song! they ALL sound the same in my ears... its like bruce singing "Yeeaemlgwlgn" and that 1st solo guitarist bugs me soo much! he look sooo cocky that i just want to punch his face. :D

AND the typical stereotype listens to Iron Maiden... even if they dont like em.

Tallica ftw!! :D

Haha. :P Thumbs up.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:28 am
Viking Kong

well, I do have to agree that Maiden songs sound the same... :roll: but that's the reason that Brave New World is my fav album.

and about Metallica...you guys can say that they are gay, but not that they HAVE ALWAYS BEEN GAY :twisted:

just remmeber Cliff MOTHERFUCKER Burton!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:30 pm
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next