View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:04 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 People Angry at Paul Gilbert 
Author Message
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 6579
Location: Norwegian living in Liverpool, UK
Post 
ReXiX wrote:
Haha yeah, but Metallica did more ;)


For heavy metal in general, Iron Maiden turned the world upside down. Metallica was basically ripping off Diamond Head songs in the beginning...

Quote:
they showd a iron maiden concert on SVT the swedish channel (Yeah paul gilbert song to :P). Me and my dad was like "hahahahaha... " and then we changed channel


I've got that show on my computer, and that was a great show, apart from the fact that it was a sunny day :lol:

Quote:
... came back a hour later and it sounded like it was the same darn song! they ALL sound the same in my ears... its like bruce singing "Yeeaemlgwlgn"


Unlike Hetfield, Bruce's voice never became weak, only weaker. Bruce is a much better singer than Hetfield, wheter you like it or not :P
On the fact that you think all their songs sound the same:
Train your ears. Every song is way different... Saying that they are all the same is just a gay way of saying "I don't like Iron Maiden". If you can't hear a difference between every album you definitly don't listen to anything else but the gallops and the ride-cymbal... :P

Quote:
and that 1st solo guitarist bugs me soo much! he look sooo cocky that i just want to punch his face. :D


Hahahaha, you're actually saying that Dave Murray looks stupid, when you've got Kirk Hammet and Robert Trujillo in Metallica? Kirk looked like the Spice Girls in the late 90's. :P

Quote:
AND the typical stereotype listens to Iron Maiden... even if they dont like em.


Wrong. The stereotype listens to Metallica, mainly because Metallica released a few records during the 90's that allowed a bigger audience musically to get into them. I'm not saying that Metallica sold out, but they definitly did what they did on The Black Album:
1 - Because Bob Rock "told them to do it" (as heard on the documentary about the ablum)
2 - Justice was a big turning point for them, but BA made them more or less commercial. The fact that so many people hate St. Anger is shocking, to say the least, because it was the first album in many, many years where they did something that reminded of their HM-roots (btw, I'm no big fan of St. Anger, but that's basically the truth)

Btw, ReXiX, I don't hate you, I just LOVE Maiden :wink:

_________________
Image

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.


Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:45 pm
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 3793
Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Post 
SambaBoy wrote:
ReXiX wrote:
Haha yeah, but Metallica did more ;)


For heavy metal in general, Iron Maiden turned the world upside down. Metallica was basically ripping off Diamond Head songs in the beginning...

Quote:
they showd a iron maiden concert on SVT the swedish channel (Yeah paul gilbert song to :P). Me and my dad was like "hahahahaha... " and then we changed channel


I've got that show on my computer, and that was a great show, apart from the fact that it was a sunny day :lol:

Quote:
... came back a hour later and it sounded like it was the same darn song! they ALL sound the same in my ears... its like bruce singing "Yeeaemlgwlgn"


Unlike Hetfield, Bruce's voice never became weak, only weaker. Bruce is a much better singer than Hetfield, wheter you like it or not :P
On the fact that you think all their songs sound the same:
Train your ears. Every song is way different... Saying that they are all the same is just a gay way of saying "I don't like Iron Maiden". If you can't hear a difference between every album you definitly don't listen to anything else but the gallops and the ride-cymbal... :P

Quote:
and that 1st solo guitarist bugs me soo much! he look sooo cocky that i just want to punch his face. :D


Hahahaha, you're actually saying that Dave Murray looks stupid, when you've got Kirk Hammet and Robert Trujillo in Metallica? Kirk looked like the Spice Girls in the late 90's. :P

Quote:
AND the typical stereotype listens to Iron Maiden... even if they dont like em.


Wrong. The stereotype listens to Metallica, mainly because Metallica released a few records during the 90's that allowed a bigger audience musically to get into them. I'm not saying that Metallica sold out, but they definitly did what they did on The Black Album:
1 - Because Bob Rock "told them to do it" (as heard on the documentary about the ablum)
2 - Justice was a big turning point for them, but BA made them more or less commercial. The fact that so many people hate St. Anger is shocking, to say the least, because it was the first album in many, many years where they did something that reminded of their HM-roots (btw, I'm no big fan of St. Anger, but that's basically the truth)

Btw, ReXiX, I don't hate you, I just LOVE Maiden :wink:


Well i am not the only the only one that says that maiden sux ;) sure they are tallented musicians no doubt aboute it. But the music they produce is just crap to earn more money.

Basic Iron Maiden song:

verse:
Domm doom dom dom doom doom dom dom
Bruce: "I was walking in the great forest of mordor...."
Domm doom dom dom doom doom dom dom
Bruce: "Wher lions and bears preeched..."
Domm doom dom dom doom doom dom dom
bridge
Dam dam daaaaam
Bruce: "but i cant understanaaand... what i seee"
Dam dom daaaaam
chorus
Bruce "i see a red headed elk with a shoehorn in his ass!!"
E ...... D....... C...... D.... E......
Bruce "i see a red headed elk with a shoehorn in his ass!!"

Repeat this 20times..And dont forgot to imagine the great guitar solo...

Thats a typical maiden song :)

Yeah Bruce is a better vocalist. But James can at least sound different trough songs... Bruce really cant. He got the Bruce mode on/off.

Yeah Dave Murray is to happy... he should have a Esp head trough his stomache :twisted: and crash his fucking sunburst strat trought the gates of hell :twisted: And Kirks hair under the 90s was cooler than he got now! never been a fan of trujillo though...

And that aboute the stereotype yeah sure Metallica is a sterotype band to. If you say Metallica to a drunk girl, they say Nothing Else Matters or Enter Sandmand... If you say Maiden to the same drunk girl you get Wickerman... and probably Iron Man becuse... welll lol i cant answer that =D just got that answer once :D.

And i just LOVE Metallica ;)

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:20 pm
Posts: 707
Location: Netherlands
Post 
I just can't stand most Metallica songs. I dig some of their really old suff because it seems to be more natural to me but a lot of the newer stuff sounds a bit pushed to me like they needed more songs on their CD's after recording some of the better ones. Now I'm not a big Iron Maiden fan either but they've got some classics that really make me feel good. A song like the trooper makes me want to pick up the guitar and the lyrics might be a bit corny but in the context of the song they are ok to me. A song like wrathchild is completely different and I love the vocals on that one. "I was never meant to be!" how cool can it get. :)

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:37 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:07 pm
Posts: 5559
Location: Bra-silk
Post 
you two shut up.

we all know that Nirvana owns both bands! :wink:

_________________
Image
JeffMartin wrote:
Incredibly cool artwork.
You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.


Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:47 pm
Profile YIM
Dr. X
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:36 pm
Posts: 227
Location: Singapore
Post 
Sir Robin wrote:
you two shut up.

we all know that Nirvana owns both bands! :wink:


high fiiiiiiive~!

_________________
Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow!


Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 6579
Location: Norwegian living in Liverpool, UK
Post 
ReXiX wrote:
But the music they produce is just crap to earn more money.


HAHAHAHAHA! That pretty much sums up why Metallica released stuff like St Anger, and the new release: The Videos. The record-companies had to get a shrink for the band to stay together. Basically they didn't want to carry on playing and writing, but the record companies knows that new Metallica-release = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Now let's compare to Maiden: If you compare the last 3 Maiden-albums, you'll find that pretty much NOTHING is comparisonable.... The structure of the songs are all different, the lyrics are all different...

And to say the least: Steve Harris faced more trouble in the first 5 years of Maiden than Metallica ever did. He stuck to his guns, made the music he loved, with the people he loved, for the people he loved: The fans and his family. When Steve lost his father, he wrote Blood Brothers to pay tribute to him, not because he wanted to buy 10 gallons of fucking beer.

Where do you even get your information ReXiX?

_________________
Image

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.


Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:23 pm
Profile
Unt! I move topics!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:56 pm
Posts: 27847
Post 
I'm locking this thread right now. You guys may not be aware of it, but there is a little rule around this forum that has kept it a cool place to post and maintained a friendly environment ... no threads about how you think some band (or musician) sucks. There are fans of nearly every band represented here and you're just going to piss someone off. If you don't like band x, that's your opinion. Saying band x sucks implies that anyone who likes the band has terrible taste in music, which is just insulting and very likely to instigate a flame war.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndersPGM and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.