View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:24 am



Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 How Do You Pronounce Bouillet? 
Author Message
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:49 am
Posts: 1888
Location: Sydney
Post 
Quote:
But his real name is: Lars Johann Yngve Lannerbäck


then where does the 'malmsteen' come from?

_________________
Image

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"


Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:16 pm
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 3793
Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Post 
ßrono wrote:
Quote:
But his real name is: Lars Johann Yngve Lannerbäck


then where does the 'malmsteen' come from?


He thought that his name didnt sound cool enought. Maybe to Swedish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yngwie

Artist name probably.

and this is intressting trough wikipedia its:
Wikipedia wrote:
Yngwie (pronounced "ing-vay")


Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:26 pm
Posts: 482
Location: UK
Post 
ßrono wrote:
Quote:
But his real name is: Lars Johann Yngve Lannerbäck


then where does the 'malmsteen' come from?



That was his mother's last name. He changed it to that for some reason.

_________________
-{ Stella By Infra-Red High Particle Neutron Beam }-


Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:56 pm
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:00 pm
Posts: 3055
Location: England
Post 
GeorgeHayes235 wrote:
ßrono wrote:
Quote:
But his real name is: Lars Johann Yngve Lannerbäck


then where does the 'malmsteen' come from?



That was his mother's last name. He changed it to that for some reason.


It was his mother's maiden name :wink:


Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:48 pm
Profile
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:39 pm
Posts: 1571
Location: Scotland
Post 
Kayhne wrote:
Xelatunes wrote:
"BOO-YAY"...


I've been looking at Bruce's instructional video and he really says it like:
'Hi, my name is Bruce Boo-yay'.


Yep, definately french - i have always pronounced it BOO-YAY - makes sense.


Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:19 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 6579
Location: Norwegian living in Liverpool, UK
Post 
Xelatunes wrote:
"BOO-YAY"...


That's how I pronounce it

_________________
Image

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.


Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:44 am
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:19 am
Posts: 2298
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post 
pgmpower wrote:
GeorgeHayes235 wrote:
ßrono wrote:
Quote:
But his real name is: Lars Johann Yngve Lannerbäck


then where does the 'malmsteen' come from?



That was his mother's last name. He changed it to that for some reason.


It was his mother's maiden name :wink:


I found it weird that Yngwie was an ex-boyfriend's name. Who does that?

_________________
"I'm not even supposed to be here today!!!"
Dante from "Clerks".
www.joeytorres.net


Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:10 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 3793
Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Post 
Go49rs110 wrote:
pgmpower wrote:
GeorgeHayes235 wrote:
ßrono wrote:
Quote:
But his real name is: Lars Johann Yngve Lannerbäck


then where does the 'malmsteen' come from?



That was his mother's last name. He changed it to that for some reason.


It was his mother's maiden name :wink:


I found it weird that Yngwie was an ex-boyfriend's name. Who does that?


His middlename is Yngve... it could be from his father in sweden we always have a reason for the middlename, like grandfather or someone important or mom or dad. I got two middlenames Alexander and Göran, Göran from my father. (My Name is Robin btw and iam a guy lol pgmpower ;D)


Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:25 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:19 am
Posts: 2298
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post 
I meant who names their kid after an ex? It just seems funny. Damn Swedes.

_________________
"I'm not even supposed to be here today!!!"
Dante from "Clerks".
www.joeytorres.net


Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:31 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 3793
Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Post 
Go49rs110 wrote:
I meant who names their kid after an ex? It just seems funny. Damn Swedes.

Oh you mean his mom ? sorry didnt follow you there =) hmm yeah that is really wierd, maybe he ment lot to her even if they wherent together ? who knows! =D Yeah Damn Swedes *Damns myself* ouch... :)


Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:33 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:49 am
Posts: 4801
Location: london baby
Post 
i always opted for "boo-lay"

_________________
Suhr GG > peterson strobe 2 > EB wah > Rothwell compressor > Suhr Shiba > Suhr Riot > Jam boomster > Jam ripple > Delay Llama Bogner XTC > EB volume > bi-chorus > cornford 2x12


Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:10 am
Posts: 5299
Location: France
Post 
time for frenchy (me) to set things clear.

Bouillet is indeed french.

the I+ double L turns the L's into a Y

O+U in french in pronounced like the OO of "BOOH!"


the I is pronounced "e"

so in the end, the guy at the start who said BOOH-EE-YAY was the one who got closest to the correct answer.

but when you say "YAY" you must remove the last "e" sound

if anyone studied french "YAY" should be written "Yé"

this is the proper french pronounciation; and I was at the japan tour, paul clearly introduced him as booh ee yay, so I know it is the proper english pronounciation too.

there ya go; french people may stink but they can come in handy


Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:19 am
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 3793
Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Post 
Acid Wire wrote:
there ya go; french people may stink but they can come in handy
They dont stink =) thanks for the help man!


Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:09 am
Profile WWW
Motorman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:05 am
Posts: 308
Post 
Acid Wire wrote:
time for frenchy (me) to set things clear.

Bouillet is indeed french.

the I+ double L turns the L's into a Y

O+U in french in pronounced like the OO of "BOOH!"


the I is pronounced "e"

so in the end, the guy at the start who said BOOH-EE-YAY was the one who got closest to the correct answer.

but when you say "YAY" you must remove the last "e" sound

if anyone studied french "YAY" should be written "Yé"

this is the proper french pronounciation; and I was at the japan tour, paul clearly introduced him as booh ee yay, so I know it is the proper english pronounciation too.

there ya go; french people may stink but they can come in handy


THANK YOU 'ACID WIRE"!!!!

That Is Exactly What I Was Looking For When I Started This Post. Only French Guys Will Know How To Pronounce French Names :). I'm Surprised That Bruce Grew Up Using A French Pronunciation For His Name. Usually Families 'Americanise' Their Names To Prevent A Mispronunciation. Anyway, Thanks For A Well Thought Out Guide For Us NON French Folk!

(For Those Who Don't Know, 'Bruce Bouillet' Has Recently Been Credited Under The Name 'Bruce Allan', For A Few Reasons, One Being The Pronunciation Issue.)


Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:30 am
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 3793
Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Post 
ShredVsFeel wrote:
Acid Wire wrote:
time for frenchy (me) to set things clear.

Bouillet is indeed french.

the I+ double L turns the L's into a Y

O+U in french in pronounced like the OO of "BOOH!"


the I is pronounced "e"

so in the end, the guy at the start who said BOOH-EE-YAY was the one who got closest to the correct answer.

but when you say "YAY" you must remove the last "e" sound

if anyone studied french "YAY" should be written "Yé"

this is the proper french pronounciation; and I was at the japan tour, paul clearly introduced him as booh ee yay, so I know it is the proper english pronounciation too.

there ya go; french people may stink but they can come in handy


THANK YOU 'ACID WIRE"!!!!

That Is Exactly What I Was Looking For When I Started This Post. Only French Guys Will Know How To Pronounce French Names :). I'm Surprised That Bruce Grew Up Using A French Pronunciation For His Name. Usually Families 'Americanise' Their Names To Prevent A Mispronunciation. Anyway, Thanks For A Well Thought Out Guide For Us NON French Folk!

(For Those Who Don't Know, 'Bruce Bouillet' Has Recently Been Credited Under The Name 'Bruce Allan', For A Few Reasons, One Being The Pronunciation Issue.)


Only i know how to pronounce Malmsteen right 8)

ReXiX: Do you guys want to know?
RacerX Board: NOOO!

:)


Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:10 am
Posts: 5299
Location: France
Post 
everyone is damn welcome; :P I'd just like to get one thing clear... some could get confused with:

the pronounciation is Boo-e-yay

I wrote booh ee yay, but be careful not to say the "H" and go "boo HEE yay"


Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:21 am
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 3793
Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Post 
Acid Wire wrote:
everyone is damn welcome; :P I'd just like to get one thing clear... some could get confused with:

the pronounciation is Boo-e-yay

I wrote booh ee yay, but be careful not to say the "H" and go "boo HEE yay"


Can you record that please ?


Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:10 am
Posts: 5299
Location: France
Post 
lol yeah right.

anyway, don't say any H


Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:17 pm
Profile
Motorman

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:26 pm
Posts: 482
Location: UK
Post 
Image


Forsyth approves.

_________________
-{ Stella By Infra-Red High Particle Neutron Beam }-


Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:44 pm
Profile
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:57 am
Posts: 1835
Post 
i pronounce it like bowl-lee-at ..kinda like how u say juliet.

_________________
Play Loud!
Image


Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:02 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.