View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Photoshop request (RX related) 
Site Admin

I have NO PROBLEMS with you trying to improve the article and meet standards that I could careless about. Why wouldn't you work WITH the person who did it, considering that you know them.....instead of against?

It only takes an email to send me a paragraph and explain to me the issues....and then work together to ensure the content remains, but it's re-worded to meet the standards.

THEN post it....and move on.

I understand the concept that anyone CAN fix it.....but we're not strangers. Are we?

I wouldn't DREAM of major changes to something YOU did....without talking to you first. It's called Professional Courtesy...in the business world. In the regular world, it's called respect.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

You're right, Ken. It was my mistake. I know that you worked hard on the article, and I wasn't courteous by changing it before I talked to you about it. I went a little overboard with some of the edits, so I worked all morning to restore what I left out, because I understand your position and don't want my edits to seem more burdenous than helpful. I just wanted the final version to look as great as possible; I wanted it to conform to Wikipedia standards.

The content wasn't secondary to me, but I overlooked some parts which you immediately noticed. So I apologize for deleting stories and information that were a part of Racer X's history. Your revisions aren't gone forever. They're still in the history list. Earlier this morning, I pulled up the list and compared the articles side by side to see if any information was missing.

I don't want to argue or defend my positions. Like I said before, we're at a position where one author wants to implement their content and the other wants to implement formatting. But instead of arguing, we could combine our efforts. We have the same motives: to improve the Racer X article. I realize that I should have come to you sooner, but it turned out in such a manner that we had to get into a disagreement before we could at least see eye to eye.

Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:18 pm
Site Admin

I don't want to argue or defend my positions. Like I said before, we're at a position where one author wants to implement their content and the other wants to implement formatting. But instead of arguing, we could combine our efforts. We have the same motives: to improve the Racer X article. I realize that I should have come to you sooner, but it turned out in such a manner that we had to get into a disagreement before we could at least see eye to eye.

Could have all been avoided, if you emailed me. Every single story and detail that I had written, could have been retained without all this fuss if it had been discussed first.

I spent nearly 1 month while I lied in bed recovering from surgery taking what was already there, spending HOURS on the phone with Jeff and Scott to make sure everything was in there and timing was correct. Surely you could see how I got BENT when someone I knew....fucked it all up. A stranger? I could just vent and re-do it back....

I mean..the little things...like removing "Vito" from Todd DeVito's name. You just click DELETE thinking it looks cleaner, when the story is...Scott met him years later and said "hey Todd" and Todd got PISSED and said it's VITO. By adding it...people know he goes by Vito DeVito. And given his size....you'd want to call him Vito too.

I still the think the TOC sucks....Racer X has 3 clearly defined decades...if you want to break THOSE into pieces...well...that's fine. 80's forming, 80's changes and 80's the end. Then the 90's and 2000's. There's really only 2 years of history in the 2000's...breaking THAT into pieces...is overkill.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Understood. I was just about to bring up the TOC. You liked the decades, I liked the subheadings. There's a good way to integrate them both, so I'll see how it looks if the ideas combine.

Another thing I wanted to ask you earlier. A few more pictures would spruce up the article.

I was thinking of having one in the "Forming Racer X" section, of the band in their earlier days. Like this one. Who owns the rights to that photo?

Also, at the bottom of the article, I'd like to use this picture to go along with the recording of Getting Heavier.

The problem is, Wikipedia is a pain when it comes to uploading photographs. Do I have your permission to not only upload, but integrate those pictures into the article? Or if I need someone else's permission, where can I ask?

Thanks Ken.

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:46 pm
Search Button God!

Also, at the bottom of the article, I'd like to use this picture to go along with the recording of Getting Heavier.

IMO you should use the picture without the NWD logo.

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:00 pm
Godzilla

Ryan wrote:

IMO you should use the picture without the NWD logo.

Another photoshop request? :mrgreen:

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:16 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

I like the picture, but I think the logo is Chad's doing. I just like the scene in the picture: Jeff peeking his head out of the vocals room.

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:33 pm
Godzilla

nice subtle logo there... he totally OWNS that content

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:53 pm
Viking Kong

Oh come on, now, you can barely see it. :lol: It's not like fireballs are spewing out of Jeff Martin's loins; oh wait, yes it is.

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:59 pm
Site Admin

Oh come on, now, you can barely see it. :lol: It's not like fireballs are spewing out of Jeff Martin's loins; oh wait, yes it is.

LOL...

Ryan....All photos are OK to upload and integrate, except the Tim Findlay photos. I will send him to this thread, to read and approve it.

Chad took the photo...he can flame whatever he wants. I don't have a non-flamed version.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Understood. I was just about to bring up the TOC. You liked the decades, I liked the subheadings. There's a good way to integrate them both, so I'll see how it looks if the ideas combine.

I think the 2 will work together...as long as you keep the 80's and 90's to no more than 3 subheadings and 2000's to 2 or 3 as well.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

I personally don't mind the logo. Alright Ken, thanks, I will wait out on the Findlay photos.

Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:25 pm
Viking Kong

Ran into a slight snag with the image uploading. Apparently, images uploaded with permission are marked for speedy deletion. I could have sworn that Wikipedia used to allow those images.

The only way for an image to be accepted on Wikipedia is if it falls under the fair use guidelines, or if it is released into public domain or has a free license.

It's your decision whether you want to release the image under the GFDL licensing. If you decide to do it, and you've never uploaded an image on Wikipedia, I could guide you through it since there are a few boxes that need to filled out. If not, we could find another photograph for the article; perhaps a screen capture of the Snowball of Doom DVD.

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:25 pm
Site Admin

I uploaded the TD picture (the 80's one was already there). The photos can be designated as public....since they are on the site for anyone to view or download.....

I would just shrink them a bit for the Wikipedia site before uploading.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:51 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

asked for my opinion. Personally...the photo will be smaller, and virtually impossible to do anything commercial with it...so I see no harm.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Last edited by x-epiphone-x on Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:19 pm
Viking Kong

I'd also like to find a picture of a Racer X flyer that was printed in the '80s. Wikipedia generally doesn't hold restrictions on flyers since they are promotional material and fall under the category as such, to be freely distributed and so forth. Are there any nice pictures or scans of flyers up on the website?

Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:16 pm
Viking Kong

Are there any nice pictures or scans of flyers up on the website?

There are 3 flyers that were posted in this thread about some ticket stubs the surge found

http://www.racerxband.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=8767

Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:27 pm
Godzilla

wtf... they all have the EXACT same hair. Talk about sheep...

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:19 pm
Dr. X

Last edited by x-epiphone-x on Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next