View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 How much album has racer x sold?? 
Dr. X

I fail to see how any Games companys can justify £50-£60 for a game

Hmm, not that I want to argue about this but I remeber reading somewhere, that in the time ps1 came out, only 1/10 games actually made profit.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:37 pm
Dr. X

Also, I really don't understand ..."the fuzz" about piracy. I should clarify, what I mean is it's not really anything new. You simply can't browse a tech site these days without stumbling upon it. It's not like it's a new problem.

I guess it's so much easier now with only a click involved, but back in the 80's you basically had the same thing, only you use to own a two deck cassette player which was pretty much a standard at some point in just about every piece of crap stereo you could buy. Same with game piracy, hell if you owned a C64 you could have just copied cassettes like that, or with a diskette drive., with just about any system there is.

While we're on the subject I guess money is a problem. While I believe Britney Spears, Paul Gilbert, Shania Twain, Paris Hilton and Joey Tempest (especially Joey Tempest) should be rightfully compensated for their efforts and talents ...you can call me a communist if you like, but I think it's really UNFAIR for someone to actually make a dozen million dollars on one album... for being a singer. That has to reflect on the consumer price somehow.

Also, the reason people who post on this board would buy a real Ibanez as opposed to a cheap knockoff is the quality. The more expensive option is just plain better. Hell, I'm sure there'd be a market for some guitars even if they gave those shitty glue ridden guitars for free. CD's should also somehow find a way to compete. Perhaps some goodies, perhaps prices should be re-evalued, I don't know, but since you can kind of get stuff for free it sure is tempting!

PS. Don't get me wrong, I believe in supporting the little man!

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4