View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Getting Heavier 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Getting Heavier
For the first I want to say that i'm a new fan of Racer X, and i have heard all albums without this one. On this album i've just heard Dr.X, Golden God and Lucifers hammer, and I think that this album rocks. So my question to you is!!!! Could someone send me this album on my msn. Wizzard_91@hotmail.com, but do not win zip the album beacuse, if you do that i can't put the album in my Ipod. So everyone who would be very nice, could add my msn and send me these songs.

some questions about the album.

How is the guitar on the album? Now i mean is it some great solon/riff?
how is the bass?
how is the lyrics?
how is the vocals?
How do scott plays, much bassdrums?

Please answer my questons,please. And let me be a big racer x fan..

Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:59 pm
Viking Kong

we can't send you the album, you'll have to buy it.

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:02 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

You know that activities like these are illegal mate? :lol:

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:29 pm
Viking Kong

We will share material that is not available to purchase like demos and bootlegs, but if it is officially released you should buy it.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:39 pm
is the Siren's Eye

Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:06 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Getting Heavier
Hedman wrote:
Could someone send me this album on my msn. Wizzard_91@hotmail.com

Dude. Are you serious? You're coming on the Artist website....and requesting users send you FREE songs?

Do you understand this is completely illegal, unethical and flat out SUCKS!

Racer X is NOT Britney Spears. Racer X fights and scrapes for ANY money to release albums. When people like you scam their music for free...The labels....DON"T PAY THEM for their work!! When that doesn't happen....

Guess what? NO new music.

Racer X members are NOT rich. Paul has made the most money...but not from Racer X....Mr. Big did that. Scott, Jeff and John are HARDLY rich....they're totally normal guys living in normal houses. One member, can't afford to buy a house.

So....do yourself a favor and do the band a favor...if you like the music that they worked hard to make....BUY the CD. It's the right thing to do.

That's what Music Sharing should be about.....If you download a song for free....and you really like it....then BUY IT.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

But Ken... Scott plays in Judas Priest....

Is he just another normal bloke? :)

I mean, who in the world haven't heard about Priest?

Just an example! I get your point!

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:30 pm
Godzilla

Hahah omg this guy added me on MSN and was asking me to send the songs and to send him Mr. Big songs!!!

Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:09 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

The music industry is corrupt in my oppinion. There is a bunch of talented bands and people from country to metal to steel guitar who are no where near fame. But then you watch much music and you wtch it for over an hour and none of the bands have any talent worth mentioning.

AND ontop of that paris hilton has a music video.

Paul Gilbert Should start his own record company for people with real talent

Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:33 pm
God Of The Sun

Music is meant to be shared :)

Yeah, cause we all live in lala land where Musicians dont have to pay bills and everything is free
:roll:

Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:54 pm
Search Button God!

_Niko wrote:

Yeah, cause we all live in lala land where Musicians dont have to pay bills and everything is free
:roll:

Being a musician is pure fun nowdays :? :roll:

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:02 pm
God Of The Sun

I cant believe this Thread. Was the Thread Starter expecting Jeff to sign in and say "here ya go mate, have the food off my table".

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:06 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re: Getting Heavier
Hedman wrote:
Please answer my questons,please. And let me be a big racer x fan..
You can't just be one on your own?
I am.

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:07 pm
Viking Kong

Dude, you're not getting the fucking album for free. If you ask nicely, maybe Ken will hook you up with some clips off the album. Then again, maybe he won't. If you want to hear some sound clips, you can get them off Amazon.

Now, I'll be happy to answer your post to help you make a decision.

The songs you heard - Dr. X, Golden God, and Lucifer's Hammer - are only partially indicative of the overall sound of the album. My favorite song off the album is Endless, which is a remake of an early, unreleased Racer X song. My second favorite would have to be Catapult to Extinction, which is the only instrumental off the album; it is not quite the frenetic shred song that King of the Monsters is, but it is still masterful, unique, and doesn't fail to impress. You're not getting either of those songs from me. Be forewarned that Getting Heavier is my least favorite of Racer X's studio albums. The songs are more contemporary and experimental than the previous albums. There are songs off Getting Heavier that I just don't like, so if you're looking for a good mix of the "old" Racer X with some contemporary input, check out Technical Difficulties.

I fully understand that MP3 sharing is a good thing to promote a band. But there comes a time when you should become dedicated to a band and start buying their albums instead of ripping off their MP3s. After I downloaded a few tracks off Superheroes, I immediately sought to expand my Racer X music collection, and from that point forward, I bought seven Racer X albums and the Racer X DVD.

MP3s are not a substitute for buying the album... unless the band gets revenue in exchange (e.g., iTunes).

Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:00 pm
Site Admin

MP3s are not a substitute for buying the album... unless the band gets revenue in exchange (e.g., iTunes).

Bingo.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:34 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

But Ken... Scott plays in Judas Priest....

Is he just another normal bloke? :)

I mean, who in the world haven't heard about Priest?

You don't paid for people hearing about your band. Scott is a hired hand...as most replacement players.

He only gets paid when he's working (ie: playing on tour)

Alderete is in the same boat with Mars Volta.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

So...you'd be totally ok with spending all your time....writing music and seeing millions of people swapping your songs and you not getting a cent?

_Niko wrote:
The music industry is corrupt in my oppinion.

That's the truth.....before music sharing...labels screwed the artists and made millions but the artists made a living. Now, they really screw the artists and the artist starve...play clinics, tour, sell shirts....it's the only place they make money now.

The days of Million dollar deals to new artists...are done. Over.

Look at Bruce in Epidemic....they got signed by Elecktra. They recorded one CD...Elecktra put Walk Away on Madden...distributed the CD. Didn't promote it for radio.....

They dropped 'em. Cut their losses....and went out...found another artist....WASH, RINSE, REPEAT until one sticks.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:43 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Oh, I can't believe I missed this. Priceless...really. I think it'd be hilarious if Jeff or Paul just popped in and said "You suck." or "I hate you." and that was it. :lol:

The #1 Queensryche Source

Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:10 am
Viking Kong

Paul Gilbert Should start his own record company for people with real talent

Steve Vai beat him to it... It's called Favored Nations Records... :wink:

Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:12 am
Dr. X

I can't believe that you would even have the guts to ask for this, especially on this board.

A band is lucky if they get $1 for every cd they sell. Then they have to pay for management, lawyers, road crews and misc business expenses and then split it up from there. Do you see the picture? You have to sell a TON of music to make any kind of real money.

So, let me get this straight. You want bands like Racer X to bust their ass making great music and then you want people to send it to you for FREE, because you don't want to go out and bust your ass for a couple of hours in order to buy it legally?

Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next