View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next
 A Report from Terri Schiavo's Room 
Godzilla

Yep.. Unfortunately, the "conservatives" in this country won't allow for that. Unfortunately, this is the only way to legally go about it.
W H A T ??

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy 1961

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:33 pm
Viking Kong

Rich L. wrote:
GTRMAN wrote:
Tell me something. Have you ever had a pet that was so sick or feeble that you had them euthanized because you didn't want to see them suffer? You were showing compassion. The same kind of compassion I'm supporting in this case.
I think this is a pretty good analogy, but the only flaw is that I wouldn't starve my pet to death. I'd make it quick. Wouldn't you agree?

It's not appropriate to apply the same ethical standards to animals, (even pets), that we do to fellow human beings.
Good point.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:33 pm
Viking Kong

Yep.. Unfortunately, the "conservatives" in this country won't allow for that. Unfortunately, this is the only way to legally go about it.
OOOOOOH! :evil: Damn those conservatives, eh Gtrman?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:34 pm
Godzilla

Rich L. wrote:
GTRMAN wrote:
Tell me something. Have you ever had a pet that was so sick or feeble that you had them euthanized because you didn't want to see them suffer? You were showing compassion. The same kind of compassion I'm supporting in this case.
I think this is a pretty good analogy, but the only flaw is that I wouldn't starve my pet to death. I'd make it quick. Wouldn't you agree?

It's not appropriate to apply the same ethical standards to fellow human beings that we do to animals (even pets).

Why not? Aren't animals living, breathing, THINKING and emotional beings as well?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:36 pm
Godzilla

GTRMAN wrote:

Is it not true?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:37 pm
Godzilla

Rich L. wrote:
GTRMAN wrote:

Is it not true?

No, it's not.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy 1961

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:38 pm
Godzilla

Sandman wrote:
It's not appropriate to apply the same ethical standards to fellow human beings that we do to animals (even pets).

Why not? Aren't animals living, breathing, THINKING and emotional beings as well?

Well, okay. Just know you're way out of the mainstream.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:40 pm
Viking Kong

Sandman wrote:
Rich L. wrote:
GTRMAN wrote:

Oh, boy. I hope you've never stepped on a worm in your life, with that philosophy.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:43 pm
Godzilla

GTRMAN wrote:
Sandman wrote:

Well, okay. Just know you're way out of the mainstream.

Which mainstream? Any Buddhist would agree..As well as many Christians, agnostics and atheists.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:49 pm
Godzilla

GTRMAN wrote:
Sandman wrote:
Rich L. wrote:
GTRMAN wrote:

Oh, boy. I hope you've never stepped on a worm in your life, with that philosophy.

I never intentionally kill if it can be helped.

I'm arachnophobic to the extreme yet I will not kill a spider in my house. I will find a way, instead, to get it outside.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:51 pm
Godzilla

GTRMAN wrote:
Rich L. wrote:
GTRMAN wrote:

Is it not true?

No, it's not.

Please elaborate.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:52 pm
God Of The Sun

I am getting the impression that some people want her to remain alive just so her husband doesn't inherit anything. From her current state of being, what is the best thing for her? Doc?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:52 pm
Godzilla

The courts viewed all the evidence and found no merit to any of your points. That is why they allowed the feeding tube be removed. Why do you ignore it?

Because, respectfully, the courts don't do my thinking for me. I don't believe courts always get it right. So I'm open minded to the possibility that something may not be as it seems.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:54 pm
Godzilla

GTRMAN wrote:
The courts viewed all the evidence and found no merit to any of your points. That is why they allowed the feeding tube be removed. Why do you ignore it?

Because, respectfully, the courts don't do my thinking for me. I don't believe courts always get it right. So I'm open minded to the possibility that something may not be as it seems.

However, it may come to a point someday that the courts WILL do your thinking for you.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:00 pm
Godzilla

I am getting the impression that some people want her to remain alive just so her husband doesn't inherit anything. From her current state of being, what is the best thing for her? Doc?

I get the same impression. However, I do not believe in life at all costs. At what point do we let nature take it's course?

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:01 pm
Unt! I move topics!

From her current state of being, what is the best thing for her? Doc?

The best thing for her is to respect her wishes. Everybody has to make that decision for themselves. I would never want to be kept alive in such a condition. Others would make a different choice. The only factor in this case that is important is knowing what her wishes were. Unfortunately, I wouldn't trust either her husband or her parents to truthfully express her wishes (if she ever expressed them to anyone). As I've said before, I don't know what the correct answer is.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

How many people WOULD want to stay in this condition?
Even though I have nothing in writing (yet), if something happened to me, most family and friends know that I do NOT want to "hang on". Well, now everyone who reads this knows.

I agree that you can't believe either the husband or the parents. It surely seems they are looking out for THEIR best interest instead of HERS.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:22 pm
Godzilla

How many people WOULD want to stay in this condition?
Even though I have nothing in writing (yet), if something happened to me, most family and friends know that I do NOT want to "hang on". Well, now everyone who reads this knows.

I agree that you can't believe either the husband or the parents. It surely seems they are looking out for THEIR best interest instead of HERS.

Let it be known that I wouldn't want to continue on like that, either. To me, there is a big difference between living and existing.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:16 pm
Superhero

Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:20 pm
Godzilla

She die yet? how many days has it been?

It's been about five days.. She will likely last about another week.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next