View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Surgical Steel? 
King Of The Monsters

Dead Roman wrote:
I can honestly say i have no clue who your talking about.

Surgical Steel was Jeff's band before he joined Racer X.

Wow.
That´s an OLD school band :wink:

Image Image

Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Memories.... I lived in Phx from 9/81 to 9/82 while going to school, it was definitely a neat town for partying! When I talked with Jeff last weekend I asked about Surgical Steel and were they playing clubs in those days and he said they were, I told him I probably saw them there and don't remember it. Well I was going through my old concert tickets and look what I found.Image
I remember liking Krokus and even though it was a monday night I talked a few friends into going with me, I'm sure I had a good time even if I can't recall it now :mrgreen:

Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:03 pm
Site Admin

LOL...that's a first. A Surgical Steel concert ticket.

Gotta love the 1982 prices. Rush in 1980 was 9.50. My FUCKING Ticketmaster "SERVICE" fees were $8.50 for KISS.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

whoa thats an old ticket, ive started saving mine this last year, will be interesting in the future :)

Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:20 pm
Superhero

Post Re: Hell, Yeah.
heatherette wrote:
We’d be driving down these creepy little streets, and my mom would be like, ”I don't think this is it”, and we’d see someone with hair and be like, “Yeah, THIS is it”.

hahaha

Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:49 am
is evil...Evil Joe

I've been doing a lot of updating on my Surgical Steel Page. You can now enter it through http://www.SURGICALSTEEL.tk

There are quite a few additional quotes, pictures and info added.

I also found out that Mark Lehman is playing bass for a former member of one of my old high school rock bands: Amy Schugar (www.amyshugar.com) was the second guitar player in a band I formed in 1981 called Mad Racket (hince, my nicname) in Phoenix, Arizona. She is now making a stab at the big time with none other than Michael Schenker helping her out! In November of last year, Amy cut her demo collaboration with Michael: The project is dubbed Shugar/Schenker and the album is titled UNDER CONSTRUCTION. ex-Surgical Steel bass player Mark Lehman plays bass on here and another friend and class-mate of both Amy and myself, Fred Robinson (a huge guitar influence to both of us as well) also appears on her album.

It is so cool seeing these musician friends from my teen years putting something together and getting to work with a guitar icon as huge as Michael Schenker! Life never ceases to amaze me...

http://members.firstinter.net/markster/

Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I don't think Amy and Michael are talking anymore.

If you look through the NAMM pictures...the 2 photos of me with Rev, were taken by Amy.

Regards,
Ken

Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

I've got a HUGE treat tonight on my Surgical Steel Page:

www.SURGICALSTEEL.tk
Click on the SS logo to enter then click the menu link for "HELP FROM A METAL GOD" to go to the section with the treat:

I just received and posted 4 photos of Rob Halford performing with Surgical Steel in Phoenix!

Rob has the hair growing out to the mid length like at Live Aid '85 (not yet as long as TURBO or RAM IT DOWN), so it's obviously a 1985 performance (the last year for Surgical Steel to exist) but I'm not sure which venue this was taken at...

Sorry, no pics of Jeff in this - I wish there was, as Jeff did duet with Rob often when Rob joined the band on stage. There are pics of Mark Lehman, Paul Kosanovich and Jim Keeler...

http://members.firstinter.net/markster/

Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:48 am
Profile WWW
Post Proudly Confused
I will never understand all of the politics.

Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:47 am
Dr. X

Wow, I can't believe someone else around here heard the Schoolboys. I had their EP when I was younger, autographed by the whole band even. I was in high school and they were the rockingest thing I had ever seen.

I never saw SS, although I remember hearing about them constantly back then. I used to love going to Rockers, too, definitely my favorite club. Mason Jar was a good live dive back in those days, too. Caught PG with Mr. Big in that shithole.

I left AZ a few years ago, but I really enjoy reading all of these stories. They are jogging up memories that I didn't even realize existed.

:)

Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3