View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 PGM electronics covers 
Superhero

Post PGM electronics covers
Eddie do you make reproductions of them or does anyone know who might?

I also need to get a couple of the dark red volume knobs and 5way switch tips. If anyone has them let me know.
Blue ones also needed

Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:35 pm
Viking Kong

Eddie is your man for the electronics cover. I got one from him and it's excellent.

Dimarzio might still have Red knobs and tips available. They weren't making, or buying from their outside source, colored knobs anymore. That the response I got from them anyway. All they're doing is selling off the old stock that they already have. Blue is what I was looking for by the way. I can tell you this. There's not a new pair anywhere in the states. I looked, called, emailed, there hasn't even been a single one on Ebay. The guy at Dimarzio even tried to get some, with no luck. There are other blue knobs out there, but the color isn't even remotely close to matching the blue Dimarzio pickups. I finally gave up and just bought a set of chrome dome knobs, and painted them.

You might email this place about some Red parts. http://www.mikes-music-shop.com/
I've bought a lot of pickups from him. The service is excellent and he has a lot of colored accessories in stock. --Jason

Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:06 pm
God Of The Sun

Another place to try for knobs is AllParts. I think they used to have the darker red ones, not so sure anymore, though. The knobs on my 800 appear to be painted, not molded in the darker red.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:16 pm
Superhero

yup mine are painted too. looks like it might be yellow underneath.
I'm afraid to use it too much as it might wear off so i thought about getting another one.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:45 pm
Viking Kong

The red is slightly faded on my 800's volume knob too. It's just the nature of any of the painted knobs. If they get used at all the paint is going to come off. Plastic is a bitch to get paint to adhere to. If you do end up trying to paint some white or creme knobs on your own, use adhesion promoter to spray them down with before you paint. --Jason

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:52 am
Superhero

Yes, I can do the covers.

Another place to try for knobs is AllParts. I think they used to have the darker red ones, not so sure anymore, though. The knobs on my 800 appear to be painted, not molded in the darker red.

Are there just the 2 types? The "p" and the music/f hole looking one?

How much and what colors?

tia

Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:33 am
God Of The Sun

Yes, I haven't made the F Hole type yet, though. Send me an email for pricing and availability:

[email protected]

Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]