View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 PGM3 
Motorman

Post PGM3
how long were thse made?
what is the price range?

thanks!

Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:49 am
Viking Kong

They've been around since 2002 I think, and are still available today. Even in Jewel Blue. The specs are exactly the same as the PGM30 except for the ILT1 tremolo. Prestige neck and all. Japanese list price is 55,000 Yen. That translates to $468.24. They've never been available in the US, and are pretty much targeted at the Chinese, Indonesia, Korea market to compete with fakes coming from those areas. --Jason

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:27 am
Godzilla

They've been around since 2002 I think, and are still available today. Even in Jewel Blue. The specs are exactly the same as the PGM30 except for the ILT1 tremolo. Prestige neck and all. Japanese list price is 55,000 Yen. That translates to $468.24. They've never been available in the US, and are pretty much targeted at the Chinese, Indonesia, Korea market to compete with fakes coming from those areas. --Jason

not the same specs. the neck on the pgm3 feels much thicker than the pgm30

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:45 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

The PGM30 and 3 don't have prestige necks..

Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:42 am
Motorman

Thats a pretty reasonable price, i guess...
If they are available here in the US, how come theyre not seen at guitar center, and such?

Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:04 pm
Godzilla

JasonK wrote:

The PGM30 and 3 don't have prestige necks..

For the last couple of years of production the PGM30 DID, in fact, have a prestige neck. My PGM30JB has a prestige neck..

Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:24 pm
Viking Kong

I should have been clearer in the first post. The new models share the same neck specs. I can't say for sure about the older models because there just isn't any info available for them. Believe me, I've looked. I'm going to venture to say that they have always shared neck profiles. Be it Wizard II, or Prestige. At least on paper anyway.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/products/ ... _JB_a.html

You know who I blame for all this confusion over necks, tremolos, the term "Prestige"? Ibanez. They've made a complete mess out of their whole lineup. This "Prestige" label they're plastering on everything is the main problem. While the neck of the PGM3 is shown to have a "Prestige" neck, I'm sure it's Korean Prestige. --Jason

Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:01 pm
Motorman

ah, so do you know any sites where i can order from?
or do i need to buy from japan?
ebay woudnt be my 1st priority.

also, does and PGM3 have black hardware, and PGM30 with chrome?

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:38 pm
Viking Kong

ah, so do you know any sites where i can order from?
or do i need to buy from japan?
ebay woudnt be my 1st priority.

also, does and PGM3 have black hardware, and PGM30 with chrome?

I'm not sure where you can order one. You could try contacting Ishibashi music. If they are available in Japan they could probably get one. If not you would have to find a way to order one from Korea or China.

They don't come up on ebay too often.

According to the specs I think they both are supposed to have cosmo hardware. I know the 30 has cosmo hardware.

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:05 pm
Motorman

Thats a pretty reasonable price, i guess...
If they are available here in the US, how come theyre not seen at guitar center, and such?

Ibanez doesn't want them in the hands of the evil-doers(emo-doers)....

hehe I don't really know but I'm happy with that conclusion...

:D

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]