View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 PGM900/pickups.... 
Godzilla

Post PGM900/pickups....
I just received my PGM900 yesterday and I'm blown away by it.. The feel and sound are amazing!!!

Anyway, I know it has Ibanez Super 58 pickups in it, but I can't find any specs or information on them.. Does anyone here know about them?

Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:11 pm
Viking Kong

I've never seen specs. I just know my 900 sounds really good with them.

Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:43 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Post Re: PGM900/pickups....
GTRMAN wrote:
I just received my PGM900 yesterday and I'm blown away by it.. The feel and sound are amazing!!!

Anyway, I know it has Ibanez Super 58 pickups in it, but I can't find any specs or information on them.. Does anyone here know about them?

I thought the seller changed them to P90s? Your guitar doesn't have Super 58s :)

Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:12 pm
Godzilla

paoVSgodzilla wrote:
GTRMAN wrote:

I thought the seller changed them to P90s? Your guitar doesn't have Super 58s :)

Oh Yeah.... Shut up... :oops:

Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

GTRMAN wrote:
paoVSgodzilla wrote:
GTRMAN wrote:

Oh Yeah.... Shut up... :oops:

LOL! It's all good man :P Enjoy your PGM!

Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:35 pm
God Of The Sun

GTRMAN wrote:

That's what I try to tell people when one of these is available. Killer guitar! Congrats!

Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:52 pm
Viking Kong

900's definately are great guitars. Mine sounds and plays great. It definately has a different feel than most PGM's. I originally thought I may not like the stock pickups, but once I played them I really liked them.

Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:26 pm
Godzilla

900's definately are great guitars. Mine sounds and plays great. It definately has a different feel than most PGM's. I originally thought I may not like the stock pickups, but once I played them I really liked them.

The neck certainly does feel different, especially the shape and fret size.. However, I was surprised when I played it at band practice last night and was able to pull off the intro to "Green-Tinted" even though it had .10's on it when I usually use .09's.

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:11 pm
Godzilla

EKG wrote:
GTRMAN wrote:

That's what I try to tell people when one of these is available. Killer guitar! Congrats!

You certainly aren't lying.

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:11 pm
Viking Kong

This is kinda after the fact now, but if you're wanting the specs on the Super 58, or pretty much any of Ibanez's pickups, go over to Ibanez Collectors World discussion board, and post what you want to know in the "Jim Donahue Answers You Questions" section. I remember him posting that he kept a record of Ibanez pickups and their specs. --Jason

http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/cgi-bin ... discus.cgi

Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]