View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 06' PGM Speculation Thread 
Superhero

Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:31 am
Viking Kong

I'm currently talking to a local luthier about making a custom "PGM" body that I'd attach a wizard neck to. He's made quite a few clear acrylic guitars recently and I love the idea of a see-through PGM. Still need to sort out whether the electronics can be placed descretely enough so they don't obscure the outline of the lower f-hole, but if it can be done it should kick-arse.

Dave

A clear PGM would be pretty cool. If the f-holes are a solid color like black you should be able to hide quite a bit of the wiring behind the f-hole. Transparent f-holes would look sweet as well. Maybe the wires could be threaded through a colored tube of some kind that doesn't contrast with the f-hole too much.

I already have my 500, 200, and 900. I'm mainly waiting for an 800 to turn up. Then maybe i'll get a 301. Then I may get something custom made. It depends on if they introduce any new models before that time.

I think something like a koa PGM would look cool.

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:48 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

I gave up all hope for a new PGM model this morning. There is not going to be a new pgm model. There aren't going te be many changes, the Ibanez lineup will be pretty much the same as it was last year. As JasonK already mentioned, there is a new Noodles signature though. (why they decided to make another one of those is beyond me)

I've been waiting for a new PGM for some time now, but i've decided to buy a PGM301. But as always, buying stuff in Holland sucks... The local store didn't have it in stock and neither did the supplier. So I will have to be patient and wait for the guitar to be imported. The guy at the store told me it will arrive in the first or second week of march.... damn, i'm already getting inpatient.

Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:49 pm
God Of The Sun

Ibanez has become very boring since the 90's. Shame really

Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Search Button God!

Ibanez has become very boring since the 90's. Shame really

yup, we need more pink and green :)

Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:33 pm
Viking Kong

I'm not really surprised about the NAMM lineup. Ibanez has gone from being cutting edge, undisputed king of the hill to mediocre at best. --Jason

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:39 pm
Superhero

I'm not really surprised about the NAMM lineup. Ibanez has gone from being cutting edge, undisputed king of the hill to mediocre at best. --Jason

TESTIFY BROTHER !!!!

TELL IT ON HIGH

BUT>.... I don't regret buying my 05 PGM one second.
I want a 200 though with pink inlays..... c'mon SANTA here me, please

Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:25 pm
Godzilla

It's because of the current music trends (ie Pop shit, emo/punk crap where anything but a no-name Crapocaster is forbidden). Therefore, Ibanez aren't really investing in decent guitars/models/signature models (ie different PGMs/RGs). Shame really. :(

Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:25 pm
Viking Kong

The crap that's on the radio is only a small part of the problem. Look at what Dean released for 06'. Dean isn't shy about coming up with crazy designs and paint schemes. I just think Ibanez is completely out of touch with what their LOYAL customers want. If they would reissue the RG5XX series, and the Radius, in old school vivid colors, tremolo AND HARDTAIL versions, they would be absolute monsters. I know they would. They just want to sell $2500 Jems, and $400 MIK guitars.

How many days til summer NAMM?? :lol: --Jason

Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:07 pm
Viking Kong

How many days til summer NAMM?? :lol: --Jason

I believe its 174 :lol:

I think our last hope is a limited edition model for the japanese market.

Like any other buisness its all about the money. If they think the noodles model will make them lots of money they will make it.

I saw pictures of the new Gibson lineup the other day. Other than one hollowbody and the models marketed towards girls I didn't see anything remotely interesting.

It is easy for big guitar companies to lose touch with their loyal customers. They all seem to be trying to gain position in new parts of the market they don't dominate. They expect us to be happy with the same old stuff they always make.

I love my PGM's and my Gibsons, but they are making it hard for me to get motivated to buy alot of their new offerrings.

Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:45 am
Viking Kong

I know at the end of the day, it's always about making money. BUT, WHY HAVE TWO NOODLES MODELS? :lol: You can't tell me the first one sold well enough to warrant it staying in the lineup, let alone having a second one!
I just think they are really killing themselves in the long run. Gibson and Fender can afford to have a not so exciting model lineup every year for a couple of reasons. One is that their flagship models are so popular, they don't need to come up with something new. They don't screw around with them. There's always going to be LP Standards and Customs, Strats, and Teles. They might change up colors, or pickup combos, but they always have the good old standby models that people have come to expect. They don't "fix" things that aren't broken. ((coughs, Original Edge, Lo Pro Edge Tremolos,, cough,,locking studs, cough, cough)) The second reason can be summed up in two words; Custom Shop. If they don't offer a model that fits your needs or wants, and you've got the cash, they'll be more than happy to set you up with whatever you want. There's never a reason to bitch, because what you want can be built. Ibanez doesn't understand this concept for some reason.

I've got a great Idea for Ibanez. They're so proud of this "Prestige" label, how about this. A new line, "Prestige USA". Have it be like it was in the old days where the stock parts are sent over, and then the guitars get assembled and a top shelf set up here. Have real Dimarzios ready to drop in, some exclusive colors, fingerboards, neck profiles, HARDTAILS, etc, etc. Nothing but upside for everyone, if you ask me. --Jason

Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:19 am
God Of The Sun

I think it's a great idea, but word has it that Ibanez is really cutting out most of the US input.

Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:44 am
Viking Kong

Ibanez should have a custom shop that we can order from. I know they have one since sponsored artists are able to get custom guitars. I bet they would make alot of money if they accepted custom orders from anyone. Most of the major companies do. ESP, Jackson, Fender, and Gibson all have custom shops you can order from. ESP and Jackson have custom quote forms on their site.

I really like some of the special runs guitars shops sometimes order. Wildwoods prefect 10 fenders and the cloud 9 and stinger gibsons come to mind.

Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:01 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

I wish they'd re-issue the RG750s and RG770s.. :? So I can get that Purple Ibanez with maple fretboard PG used a lot before he got his PGMs.

Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:20 am
God Of The Sun

I thought J-Custom was the USA Custom Shop?

Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:51 pm
Viking Kong

I think it's a great idea, but word has it that Ibanez is really cutting out most of the US input.

It seems like that's been the case for the last few years. I know JD has said leaving the company was for personal reasons and starting his company up, but I'm sure this lack of caring from higher up the Ibanez ladder was part of it too. Looking back, I think his leaving the company was the first sign that things were changing, and not for the best.

The J-Customs are made in Japan. Hell, they're not even availble for sale in the States!!

A full on custom shop in the US would be nice, but just having a small scale operation that basicly just assembles, fine tunes, and gives people a few exclusive finish options would go a long way in rebuilding some credibility with the Ibanez base. --Jason

Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3