View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 06' PGM Speculation Thread 
Godzilla

Fuck that Rangers/Celtic shit ..I'm an Aberdeen supporter so its a woollen pgm for me!! :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:23 pm
Godzilla

GeorgeV - I think you are slightly mistaken as The Scottish Football team is Rangers and they are the team that are representing Scotland in Europe. So lets have a red, white and blue PGM!

BWAHAHAHAHA!

And you're where in the league? :lol:

And need I remind you that Celtic are European Cup winners AND runners up in two European competitions (not to mention a semi-final or two...)

Officially, inn terms of FIFA seedings:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uef ... k2006.html

Celtic: 21st
Rangers: 52nd

Kthnxbye. :)

Oh yeah, the current streak of shit is the worst in your "glorious" 133-year history. :lol:

Nevermind...There's always the InterToto Cup next year! :lol:

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:57 pm
God Of The Sun

What about a 7 string PGM? i could finally play let the computer decide!

Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:48 pm
Viking Kong

What about a 7 string PGM?

That would give me a good excuse to buy a 7 string.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:12 am
Viking Kong

vic wrote:
What about a 7 string PGM?

That would give me a good excuse to buy a 7 string.

That would give me a good excuse to put about $1200 toward an R7 Les Paul! :lol: --Jason

Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:11 am
Godzilla

Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:24 am
Viking Kong

We're into the first week of January now so I'm kicking this back up to the top. Anyone else getting the feeling that not only us PGM guys, but us hardtail guys in general, are going to be snubbed this year? --Jason

Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:57 pm
God Of The Sun

We're into the first week of January now so I'm kicking this back up to the top. Anyone else getting the feeling that not only us PGM guys, but us hardtail guys in general, are going to be snubbed this year? --Jason

It feels that way every year. We do need a new model though. I normally buy about 1 Ibanez a year but last year there was nothing at all if you already owned the 301

Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:10 pm
Motorman

a black pgm with white f holes :) maple fingerboard.

Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:30 pm
Motorman

Pink with jewel blue f-holes. words cannot describe...

Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:52 pm
Search Button God!

Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:14 pm
Viking Kong

Well guys, things are not looking good. I just got home from my local shop where they happened to have a copy of the NAMM 2006 Ibanez book. No Prestige level hardtails, no maple fingerboards, an worst of all no new PGMs. By god there's a new Noodles signature model though. :roll: I went through it three times just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I'd say there is still a slight chance there could be something new for the Japanese market, but nothing for us in the States. Now, that's not to say something couldn't have been worked up after this catalog was printed up, or won't appear at NAMM when the show opens. I'm just going by what's in the catalog. Needless to say I left the store pretty bummed out. --Jason

Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:44 pm
Viking Kong

Other than the 301 there are no other currently produced Ibanez models I really want. I wouldn't expect another regular production PGM any time soon. We can always hope for a limited edition, or Japan only model.

Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:15 pm
Viking Kong

I really didn't think there would be new PGM anyway. I figured maybe there would be a color change. White and black have been the standard for what seems like forever. Since he has been touring lately I still think there's a chance for a Japan only limited model. I just can't figure out why Ibanez doesn't have a nice hardtail RG in the lineup. You would think they would offer at least one. Not counting the PGM, they've got the low end covered with the 321, but there's not a damn thing in the middle or high end. --Jason

Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:17 am
Viking Kong

I think they should have more hardtail RG's too, but I still don't think I would buy any of them if they are not PGM's.

Ibanez has always thought most of their customers want trems. It took a long time to get the 300 phased out for the 301. Paul switched to hardtails a long time ago.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:14 am
Dr. X

As I remember, none of the anniversary models (JEM, PGM, JSM etc. 10th or 90th HAM) have been included in the official catalogue before and they were released or announced the year before their actual anniversary year.

I think 2007 is Hoshino's 100th anniversary (or is it 2008?) so they might announce some anniversary models at NAMM that, again, aren't in the catalogue.

Dave

Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:06 am
Viking Kong

I honestly can't see myself buying any more Ibanez other than PGM's either. If they stick with the new neck profile I probably won't buy one of them either.

I know it's been the Ibanez party line for years that they think people want tremolo equiped guitars. They don't have any problem putting out the RG321's, RGT42fx, those new RG3EX what ever they are things, the SZ series, RGA's, Artcores, Artist, Jetking, Iceman, ect, etc. They all offer either fixed or hardtail bridges for the US market. The only gap is in the middle and top end of the RG series. --Jason

Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:17 am
Dr. X

I honestly can't see myself buying any more Ibanez other than PGM's either. If they stick with the new neck profile I probably won't buy one of them either.

I know what you mean - still, there are a lot of previous PGM models available regularily on eBay.

I'm currently talking to a local luthier about making a custom "PGM" body that I'd attach a wizard neck to. He's made quite a few clear acrylic guitars recently and I love the idea of a see-through PGM. Still need to sort out whether the electronics can be placed descretely enough so they don't obscure the outline of the lower f-hole, but if it can be done it should kick-arse.

Hey, if Ibanez aren't going to offer it I'll just make my own arrangements :) You could do the same!

Dave

Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:34 am
Viking Kong

I know what you mean - still, there are a lot of previous PGM models available regularily on eBay.

Dave

Don't think for one second that I'm not waiting on the the right PGM200 or PGM500 to come along. :twisted:

As for a custom PGM. Well, stay tuned. :wink: --Jason

Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:27 pm
Motorman

Maybe PG has been in Japan working with Ibanez on a new design?

Doubt it though!

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next