View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What's the fascination with PGM's? 
Motorman

I think ERIC is just trying say, BE YOUR SELF MAN! Get your own guitar. I can understand his frustration with all these Paul Gilbert wanna bes. I mean learn his riffs and stuff but don't get you know, One of the Best Guitar layouts ever! I mean Why not just get the NON signature model. Then you can put stickers on it! He says lets all be ourselves. But Eric theres a small catch. PGMs are A FUCKING MAZING! The sound is AWESOME and they are AWESOME and you can go catch fish with a stick and some string buddy, cause Gilberto's el Guitaro is the El shito! Always use a quote, cause someone (Paul gilbert) somehwere (mars) has already said (PGM) it better then you. whoa, that last line is DEEP. Like REAL DEEP...

Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:56 am
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

I agree that people who play a certain type of music should use a matching guitar but I've always thought shredding on a hollowbody was kinda funny! LOL

acoustic samuri rocks :lol:

and yeah i guess this doesn;t just apply in guitars
it applies to most signiture models of all products
like if you wear a beckham soccer boot some people might think you are some try hard beckham wannabe

but yeah real people who appreciate music would look beyond that
cause the sound is still the most important factor
so if say pgm models do have the best tone and sound that you want
don't hesitate and just get it

you can always pimp it up afterwards :lol:
what good is a ferrari with a crap engine?
plastic surgery a holden or something and you'll have a dynamite :lol:

lol hope all that made sense

Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:14 am
Profile ICQ
is the Siren's Eye

Personally speaking, I have thing for older Ibanez RG's, but with a fixed bridge and decent pickups. And that's spellled P-G-M. Having said that, I avoid new signature models of any kind because of the ridiculous markup in price.

Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:00 pm
Viking Kong

Personally speaking, I have thing for older Ibanez RG's, but with a fixed bridge and decent pickups. And that's spellled P-G-M. Having said that, I avoid new signature models of any kind because of the ridiculous markup in price.

Not all signature models are marked up that much. I don't avoid them at all. Some of them have features that appeal to me because they are not offered on the standard models.

I've wanted a Gibson Johnny A signature model for a while. It has a unique shape and tone. I haven't played another hollowbody that sounds exactly like it. Overpriced maybe, but most guitars made by gibson are.

If PGM's were just normal RG's with f-holes I might own one, but I wouldn't have 3 with a 4th on the way. I love the simple control layout, and the knob is perfectly placed.

In some cases I think the features that make a signature model different from the normal line are worth paying for.

Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2