View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 PGM301 2004 vs PGM301 2005!! 
Promises to use Search button

Post PGM301 2004 vs PGM301 2005!!
I'm hoping someone can help me resolve this evil dispute going on inside my head!! I'm ready to order my 301 any day now but I here this and that about truss rod adjustment problems on the 05, or horrible seems where the headstock is glued at the back of the neck on an 04! Please Help ME!!!! :shock:

Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:05 pm
Viking Kong

I think the truss rod problem is an isolated incident and not normal.

The 05 neck should be stronger due to the multi piece cionstruction and the volute, but there is nothing wrong with the way the 04 necks are constructed. The PGM necks are made the same way as many other RG models. I haven't heard too many complaints about how those are made.

I think you are worrying too much. They both are great guitars. The only difference I would be concerned with is the neck shape not the construction. I haven't played them both so I can't compare them. I have heard the new PGM neck is the same profile as the new necks on other Prestige models. Some people have said they prefer the older neck profile. Thats all personal preference though, so I don't know what would feel better to you.

In the rare occurrence you do get one with a neck problem I'm sure Ibanez would replace it under warranty.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:33 pm
Viking Kong

Like Jason said, I think that deal with the truss rod was just a freak occurrance. The 05's have been out long enough that if it was a problem every one of them had, you'd have heard about it by now.

The electronics for the guitars didn't change, so it's really just a matter of how the neck feels to you. If you can't find a 301 to try in person, grab any 05' RG15xx series or higher guitar and see how the neck feels on it. The dimensions are the same as the 05' 301. The 03'-04' necks are the same dimensions as the Original Wizard, only 1mm thicker at the 1st fret. Either one is a killer guitar. :wink: --Jason

Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:07 am
Superhero

the best thing to do is to find a NOS or used MINT 03' with one piece maple neck! well... if you could find one...

Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:28 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]