View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Best place to buy pgm? 
Motorman

Post Best place to buy pgm?
I'm really jonesin' for a pgm301. Where is the best place to get a good deal on one?

BTW if anyone has any pgms for sale drop me an email [email protected] send pics

Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:54 pm
God Of The Sun

I always recommend Rich at www.ibanezrules.com. He does not price match any large guitar house but his setup and service is incredible.

Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:14 pm
Dr. X

Edroman guitars in Nevada sells them with case right now for 949.00 and no sales tax if you are out of state. That is the best price I have seen on them.

http://www.edromanguitars.com/

-Craig

Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:10 pm
Superhero

I've heard some stories but if you get it then great.

I got mine at SAMASH. 15 months no payment/interest....then you have to pay for it...doh

Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:25 pm
God Of The Sun

I would still pay the extra $$ to get it from Rich. Ever since I bought a JEM7VWH many years ago, I don't buy a new guitar anywhere else.

Here is a new guitar setup

Setup
Your guitar will be thoroughly inspected and setup. The setup will include any and all tech work that may be required, including but not limited to -

All contact points checked and tightened -
Tuners
Neck
Controls
Setup -
All clearcoat removed from frets
Fret level, crown, and high polish
Fretboard conditioned
String/neck alignment
Neck relief
Action
Nut height
Strings stretched
Bridge radius
Intonation set
Every fret checked
If needed -
Sharp fret ends shaved and radiused

Your guitar will then be plugged in and played to insure what is shipped is absolutely problem free. There are zillions of guitar dealers, I deal in instruments. This attention to detail has caused me to raise prices slightly as I realize I cannot compete with the Warehouse dealers on price and maintain the level of attention that is devoted to each instrument. At minimum a new guitar takes 1 1/2 hours to prep, and I have spent over 4 hours on some guitars to make sure it is an instrument when shipped. It is your hard earned money, spend it wisely.

Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:36 pm
Dr. X

Eddie does have a point, that setup is worth some$$. If he can take care of it when you buy it that is a bonus. The guitars can come set up pretty poorly from the factory.

Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:40 pm
Superhero

I agree too. Unfortunately i didn't have the cash to lay out at the time and the 'ol credit thing was too easy.

However a Jem7VWH was recently purchased locally and the b saddle on the floyd wasn't tight and did a nose dive off the floyd. They took care of it but i think they kept a few wrenches as i can't even unlock the locknut.

How many wrenches come in a JEM?

TIA

Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:34 pm
Superhero

I always recommend Rich at www.ibanezrules.com. He does not price match any large guitar house but his setup and service is incredible.

I just ordered from Rich and am waiting for my PGM301. He has been great to deal with--knowledgeable and helpful. Definitely worth a couple extra bucks to buy from Rich.

IMHO--cheapest isn't necessarily best, particularly when you are buying a musical instrument that you will most likely keep and use for many years.

Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:09 pm
God Of The Sun

How many wrenches come in a JEM?

Not sure? 3 different allens?

Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:19 pm
Viking Kong

why are they so dang expensive?! :cry:

Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:56 pm
God Of The Sun

Rich does not buy inventory like GC or Sam Ash, for example. Also, he only deals with the high end, signature series, anniversary and collectable models. He says right on his site that he spends hour(s) on each guitar for proper setup. To me....well worth it, since I have limited time to work on my own guitars.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:05 pm
Golden God

Rich rules!! That should be the name of the site. I bought my 300 from him, and it ROCKS!! AWESOME set-up by the way....I highly suggest going with Rich.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]