View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 My PGM dream, or maybe nightmare. 
Viking Kong

Post My PGM dream, or maybe nightmare.
Ok, I'm going to chalk this one up to too much beer and chinese food earlier tonight.

I drempt that I went to the summer NAMM show in Indianapolis, and to everyones surprise Paul Gilbert shows up. He walks down the isle, toward the Ibanez booth, where everyone assumes he's going to introduce a new limited edition model. Well, just before he makes it to the Ibanez display, he turns left and walks into the Gibson booth! Once there, he announces that he's signed with Gibson and pulls the cover off his new signature model. The LesPGM. A traditional Les Paul std body, 2-1-2 pickup layout, 5-way selector, volume control, black with white f-holes. Just as he's about to explain why he switched brands, I woke up!

Crazy huh? --Jason

Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:17 am
God Of The Sun

Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:22 am
Motorman

In real life, I would be much more happy if he announces a limited edition PGM with Ibanez than go over to gibson and try to merge a PGM with a Les Paul.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:32 am
God Of The Sun

Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:18 am
God Of The Sun

Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:36 am
Profile WWW
is O.H.B.

lol! I had a really funky dream (I just woke up :oops: )

We were flying through the sky (Superman-style), saying hi to birds and people in aeroplanes flying past, and we arrived at my local music shop (I think).

He was like, 'Oh my god, you have got to see my new PGM! It's so fuckin cool!'. He revealed his new PGM. He was right, it was fuckin cool. IT WAS MADE FROM CHEESE. :shock: And it was playable too! So Paul was showing off as usual. But he was playing so fast that it started melting, and then he askd me 'Would you like some cheese on toast? Would you like Lee & Perrins on that?'. So he was makin cheese on toast and I swear it smelt so real!

And then I woke up.

:?

Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:14 pm
God Of The Sun

We were flying through the sky (Superman-style), saying hi to birds and people in aeroplanes flying past, and we arrived at my local music shop (I think).

He was like, 'Oh my god, you have got to see my new PGM! It's so fuckin cool!'. He revealed his new PGM. He was right, it was fuckin cool. IT WAS MADE FROM CHEESE. :shock: And it was playable too! So Paul was showing off as usual. But he was playing so fast that it started melting, and then he askd me 'Would you like some cheese on toast? Would you like Lee & Perrins on that?'. So he was makin cheese on toast and I swear it smelt so real!

And then I woke up.

:roll:

Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:14 pm
Profile ICQ
Godzilla

You people need to make sure the tinfoil quits coming off your heads when you're sleeping.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:29 pm
God Of The Sun

And then I woke up.

:lol:

Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:34 pm
is O.H.B.

PancakeFairy wrote:

And then I woke up.

:roll:

what's the :roll: for!?

Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:41 pm
God Of The Sun

Post Re: My PGM dream, or maybe nightmare.
JasonK wrote:
Ok, I'm going to chalk this one up to too much beer and chinese food earlier tonight.

I drempt that I went to the summer NAMM show in Indianapolis, and to everyones surprise Paul Gilbert shows up. He walks down the isle, toward the Ibanez booth, where everyone assumes he's going to introduce a new limited edition model. Well, just before he makes it to the Ibanez display, he turns left and walks into the Gibson booth! Once there, he announces that he's signed with Gibson and pulls the cover off his new signature model. The LesPGM. A traditional Les Paul std body, 2-1-2 pickup layout, 5-way selector, volume control, black with white f-holes. Just as he's about to explain why he switched brands, I woke up!

Crazy huh? --Jason

Wild!
I actually did one of those Kisakae guitars a year or so ago just as you described.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:47 pm
Viking Kong

I think a black Les Paul with white f-holes would look really good.

I love Les Pauls, and PGM's. I'm surprised the combination never crossed my mind before.

One of my favorite guitars is a Les Paul Florentine which had real f-holes.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:12 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Well, as you know, Paul's first "real" electric was a Les Paul Custom ('72?), so that seems possible.

Now, if the part about him showing up ant the Indy NAMM were true... I'd go in a heartbeat. I was planning on it, but now I have family in town that weekend. BUT, for a chance to finally meet Paul, screw them...

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:19 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

But, screw Gibson, he should do the same thing but with Ibanez... :D

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:20 pm
Viking Kong

I had a little time to kill. Heres a white and black LES PGM. I didn't add the 5 way switch because the strat one in the program is at the wrong angle.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:23 pm
God Of The Sun

Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:42 pm
Motorman

Wow!!! that looks a billion times cooler than I expected!!!

Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:12 pm
God Of The Sun

But I like the cream colored Ibanez Les Paul
with maple neck in the booklet of "Raw Blues Power" better. :wink:

Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:16 pm
Viking Kong

I've found that if you use the telecaster selector switch in that Kisakae program, they fit perfect in the f-holes.

I actually thought about this one today coming home. If he had a Gibson endorsement, he could have a "mate" made to the Viola shaped 700. How about one shaped like an F-5 mandolin! That would be insane. Of course it cost about $10k coming from the Gibson custom shop. --Jason

Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:29 pm
Godzilla

His tone would be so much worse if he played Les Pauls.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next