View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Question for people who own's or who has played a PGM. 
Superhero

Post Question for people who own's or who has played a PGM.
I been on planning buying PGM301 within the next few years but I was wanting to know a few questions I had.

1. Does the neck feel like every Ibanez Neck or does it have its own comfortable signature feel to it?

2. Why dont no one carry them brand new except Music123.com?

3. Can someone post something that really stood out about the Guitar to them that no other guitar had?

Thanks for the help everbody.

Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:34 pm
Profile YIM
Superhero

1. The neck is a tad thicker than most Ibie necks if I remember right, I quite liked it, and don't normally like playing the wide+thin ibanez profiles

2. No idea, possibly there isn't the demand? I'd see the Satch and Vai models selling more easily

3. Well, you'll have to play them yourself to see if they stand out for you

Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:42 pm
Viking Kong

The necks on the 05's are thicker and wider than the 03-04 models. I notice a difference, some people don't.

I think it has a lot to do with local shops not wanting to have a lot of money tied up in a signature model that there isn't a ton of demand for. Most shops love to have the $250-$400 guitars. My local shop included.

What's it got over other models? F-Hole Mojo! Seriously though, The maple fingerboard is really something that makes it stand out to me. Not just in looks either. For one thing, it's pretty much the only Ibanez left that has one. I think it brings a brightness out in the guitar that it wouldn't have if it had a rosewood fingerboard. --Jason

Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:28 am
God Of The Sun

F-Hole Mojo! Seriously though, The maple fingerboard is really something that makes it stand out to me. Not just in looks either. For one thing, it's pretty much the only Ibanez left that has one. I think it brings a brightness out in the guitar that it wouldn't have if it had a rosewood fingerboard. --Jason

couldn't have said it better
the maple fingerboard is lightning fast and smooth i have never played on a finer fretboard. it doesn't have a whole heap of functions, but just with the pickup switch you can get a nice mix of sounds with the paf pros and the jem single coil :lol:

Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:02 am
Profile ICQ
Superhero

I bought one from SAMASH.COM which is the same price i think.

I was just plain attracted to it although i'm a GIlbert fan anyways.

I really love it. It's very comfortable to play for long periods and i agree with the previous posts about the neck feel.

It is wider but i think it's wider outside the strings. it has a little extra fretboard to the outside of the strings so the string doesn't get sucked over the edge.
My NUNO N4 is so close to the edge there is no room for error :(

Besides a JEM i wouldn't want anything else....well at least for now

Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:24 am
Superhero

Would yah have to agree its the Fastest neck yah have ever played?

I mean it is Paul Gilberts Guitar.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:06 am
Profile YIM
Superhero

Would yah have to agree its the Fastest neck yah have ever played?

I mean it is Paul Gilberts Guitar.

It's very smooth feeling and sleek.
I would love to say it's the fastest but the truth is it's in the fingers.
Look at some of the "cheese guitars" Paul has used and played.
He is still fast on the shit stuff....lol

I was always against the Ibanez stuff but after playing a white JEM and now my PGM301 i'm a big fan.

Although the nicest feeling Ibanez i have ever touched was the REB BEACH VOYAGER that was all Koa. Man i could have had an accident in my shorts.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:49 am
Superhero

Everybody's Information has been very helpful thankyou.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:02 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

PGM's are not only signature guitars....but very functional, well made and sound great.

I play my Charvel/Jackson and my Gibson....and then my PGM...and it's like damn....it kills 'em.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

What really stands out to me is how simple they are! One knob, a switch and no useless whammy bar. ;) And the controls are out of the WAY! Why can't they do that on all guitars. :)

For me it's the perfect set up. I own two PGMs and two Jake E Lee's (which have the same setup).

Jason

Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:19 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

The neck feels different than other RGs for me. The PGM neck feels much smoother to play on and you can easily bend 3 full steps!

Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:08 am
Viking Kong

I haven't played a 301 yet, but I have spent alot of time playing my 500 lately.

The 301 should have a thicker neck than my 500, and the new ones have 5 piece necks instead of the 1 piece neck on my 500. The 500 probably has the thinnest neck I have ever played. It is not uncomfrtable, but I find my hands do get fatigued faster than with thicker necks like the one on my Les Paul.

It is one of my favorite guitars though. I love the control layout, and it sounds amazing.

Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:07 pm
Superhero

It is the most comfortable guitar to play for a long time...IMO

Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:21 am
Motorman

I brought my PGM100 to my guitar teacher a few days ago and he was absolutly blown away. He could not believe the sound and how amazing it felt. He didn't want to put it down, "ok take it away from me and keep me away from it."

He said he owned an RG 770 or 570 or something I can't remeber which model exactally, and it doesn't even compare to my PGM100. He said it is just so smooth and called it a ferarri hah.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:18 pm
Dr. X

I think I'm gonna buy a PGM 301 in a few weeks.I'm about to convince my parents to assist me financially:)

Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:32 pm
Profile ICQ
Godzilla

I know its more evh than pg but olp mm1's ( :shock: thats a bunch of letters...) have a maple neck/fretboard without finish and they play smooth as a diamond (well something smoothe, just thought that sounded cool)

the olp's with floyd roses cost about 300

I like the way the pgm's look because of teh cool variation of colrs u get with those f holes.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:07 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]