View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Death of PGMs 
God Of The Sun

Post Death of PGMs
I wonder how Long Ibanez will be making the PGM for? What made me think of this was that they havent made a new model this year and im starting to wonder if the 301 is the end of the era. I hope not because the day i open the Ibanez catalog and theres no PG will be a very sad day indeed.

Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:10 pm
God Of The Sun

As long as Paul is signed, they'll make the PGM. They still make the K7 model. :wink:

Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:36 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Especially as long as he's so big in Japan, I figure there'll be a market there for some time to come.

Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:39 pm
God Of The Sun

I hope the PGM will be around forever... :!:

Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:46 pm
Viking Kong

Man, don't even joke about shit like that! You'll jinx it for sure.

I figure worst case scenerio is if they weren't available in the US, but would still be in production for Japan. Paul is bigger than Godzilla over there, so as long as he's still signed with Ibanez, there'll be PGMs. --Jason

Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:23 pm
God Of The Sun

although paul does seem to use less of his pgms these days :cry: :cry:
wonder if he will be using them in the live dvd show coming up

Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:29 am
Profile ICQ
is evil...Evil Joe

although paul does seem to use less of his pgms these days :cry: :cry:

I'm not sure why you say that. Sure, he's had a few pics taken with some older Ibanez guitars for the new CD and whatever, but that doesn't mean he's not playing the PGMs. There are pics of him using PGMs while recording SSO, and he's even using one in the Yellow Matter Custard screenshots I've seen. Plus. I have to think he wouldn't be taking too many of the classic ones on tour with him, either.

I really don't see what any of the questioning is all about in the first place, the PGM301 was just introduced in the last couple of years, so Ibanez is obviously still interested in making the PGM models. Paul's not going to not play them, even if he didn't want to (which I doubt is the case, especially if you've ever emailed him about them), he'd probably play them just so that Ibanez wouldn't get on him about it. I agree with Jason that at some point they may only be available in Japan and Asia, but dead? I doubt it.

Dave

Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:05 pm
God Of The Sun

MAYBE, with Paul playing pointy guitars, we will see a limited pointy PGM :!:

Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:34 pm
Viking Kong

MAYBE, with Paul playing pointy guitars, we will see a limited pointy PGM :!:

You know, I was just thinking yesterday about how it's been a while since there's been a limited edition PGM! Ibanez doesn't have much in pointy guitar family though. I think the Iceman is out just becaude it's been used before. That really only leaves the Destroyer and the RVX. The destroyer would be really hard to get f-holes on just because of the body layout. The RVX, well, I don't even think Paul Gilbert and the magical power of F-holes could save that thing. I'd be down for either a bolt on Ghostrider three humbucker model, or a V body with three humbuckers. Both hardtails with three per side tuner headstock. Preferably with maple fingerboards, but split block inlays on ebony or rosewood would be cool too. Some of you photoshop gurus should get busy on this!! --Jason

Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:23 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

I would buy I flying V PGM in a heartbeat.... But wouldnt that be another Lawsuit?

Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]