View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 PGM 30 or the PGM 30JB 
is evil...Evil Joe

Post PGM 30 or the PGM 30JB
Hi there. Was just wondering what the difference between these two models. (except from the obvious colour schemes) I was told the JB model was made in South Korea whereas the standard White PGM 30 was made in Japan. Anyone know or are they just pretty much the same as eachother?

Last edited by hendrixdude on Sat May 08, 2004 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 08, 2004 3:23 pm
Dr. X

The only difference in these guitars is the year they were made. Both of them changed from lo trs II to an edge pro in 2003 I believe. Other than that they are the same.

Sat May 08, 2004 3:32 pm
Superhero

I think the WH is made in Japan. I would get it.

Sat May 08, 2004 3:39 pm
God Of The Sun

30's are MIJ. Any doubt, check the serial number ;-)
The only PGM NOT MIJ is the PGM3.

Even so, don't be fooled by the MIK's. The Korean production has really improved.

Sat May 08, 2004 3:52 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

So what would u all reccommend I buy? A PGM30 with the flares on it (Like the one Paul is using in the Terrifying Guitar rip Video on Technical Difficulties). I personally don't know what one as they pretty much have the same specs so i'm told.

Sat May 08, 2004 4:11 pm
Dr. X

Sat May 08, 2004 5:03 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

http://www.pgmsite.com/pgms.htm

Yeah, i've looked at it b4. I'll probably end up just buying both.

Sat May 08, 2004 6:03 pm
God Of The Sun

Get the one you want....YOU are the one that's gonna play it ;-)

Sat May 08, 2004 6:23 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Yeah ur right. I think i'll buy the PGM 30 JB as it's meant to be rarer to find. I can get a PGM30 from Japan at anytime. There's a second hand PGM JB in my local newspaper going for only 220 pounds! so i'll grab it up while I can.

Sat May 08, 2004 6:28 pm
Motorman

The JB is rarer, but the trem isn't very good. It's a TRS and the PGM30WH has an Edge, so the WH is going to be more stable, but the JB still looks badass and you can always have an Edge installed.

Sat May 08, 2004 6:38 pm
God Of The Sun

OR......an even better idea...have eddie make one for you......it will be 100 times better...and it will be NEW,not used........the price will be more,but you will get a LOT more......no i dont work for eddie,just check out his website,you will see................................

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Sat May 08, 2004 8:18 pm
Dr. X

OR......an even better idea...have eddie make one for you......it will be 100 times better...and it will be NEW,not used........the price will be more,but you will get a LOT more......no i dont work for eddie,just check out his website,you will see................................

That is a good idea! I've always wanted a new pgm jb and have never found one. Seems like I'll just get one made.

Sat May 08, 2004 8:21 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

But would he not end up changing it and messing around with it that it no longer sounds like Paul Gilbert? Where would he get his PGM 30 JB's from cos they don't sell them anymore?...or I was told.

and what's his site again? I forgot....... :(

Sat May 08, 2004 8:30 pm
God Of The Sun

www.ekgguitars.com ....true but the guitar will be a lot better,and it will be "HAND MADE"...not made on a machine,and mass produced.

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Sat May 08, 2004 8:38 pm
is O.H.B.

I think is more expensive then pgm30 tho , right Eddie ?

Sat May 08, 2004 8:54 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
is evil...Evil Joe

www.ekgguitars.com ....true but the guitar will be a lot better,and it will be "HAND MADE"...not made on a machine,and mass produced.

Hand made? It won't be an official PGM 30 if it is just made by one guy. It has to be made by Ibanzez to be a PGM. Thats like me making stratocasters. Or have I missed domething?

Sat May 08, 2004 10:00 pm
Dr. X

firerocker wrote:

But would he not end up changing it and messing around with it that it no longer sounds like Paul Gilbert? Where would he get his PGM 30 JB's from cos they don't sell them anymore?...or I was told.

and what's his site again? I forgot....... :(

Nah man, he can make it sound closer to paul gilberts tone by adding some nice dimarzio pickups.

Sat May 08, 2004 10:52 pm
God Of The Sun

Lav, once again, you're right. If I made it, it would cost more than an actual PGM. It may have a decent resale value, too (especially if I bought it back :P ) And it won't be a true PGM.

All 2003 PGM30's are equipped with the Edge Pro I. An excellent trem.
The TRS isn't the best trem, but it's also not the worst. I've seen some bad ones out there.

My recommendation:
Get the PGM30 and drop some Dimarzios in it. If you bought it for 220, you could always resell it for 220. Go from there. Just like Paul said. He used the 30 for all the Whammy stuff on the RacerX tunes. If PG can make it work..... 8)

Sun May 09, 2004 2:01 am
is O.H.B.

EKG wrote:

Yeah ur right. I think i'll buy the PGM 30 JB as it's meant to be rarer to find. I can get a PGM30 from Japan at anytime. There's a second hand PGM JB in my local newspaper going for only 220 pounds! so i'll grab it up while I can.

just because its rarer doesnt mean its good!.....DAMMIT MATT6! you said that already *writes matt6 onto death list*....

..*cough cough* anyway...i have the white pgm30...its not bad considering....although there are better models around. mine was second hand...mint though. Plays nice enough.

I'm famous for this - Image

Sun May 09, 2004 11:37 am
Profile YIM WWW
Godzilla

They stopped making the PGM30jb in 2002. I bought mine that year via Ishibashi.co.jp . The only difference(at the time) between that and a PGM30wh was the color..

Sun May 09, 2004 6:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]