View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 NGD: Ghostrider PGM Replica 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Re: my ghostrider pgm replica
MissMisstreater wrote:
if you post in anything other than English again I'll have you both banned faster than you can say "I want $9000 for my guitar"

Love it!
Hahahaha!!!!!

Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:58 am
Dr. X

wooooow dude.
This is an awesome replica.

I don't use to like exact replicas becasue I like to have my "touch" on my guitars but THIS ONE LOOKS INSANELY GOOD.
Congrats. You choose very well your builder.

Croos your fingers guys so that I win the Euromillion lottery tonight with a 135 M euros 1st prize.
I would buy gears and insane guitars for all of us ! LOL

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:00 pm
Viking Kong

lol

Maybe someone will be able to buy the 9k PGM from George! :lol:

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:23 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

English may be the language that Racer X recorded in but we are part of a worldwide community of fans and if speaking in their native tongue makes it easier to communicate a point between themselves then it has never been discouraged until now.
Good Lord, I've never seen anyone complain when, for example, the Spanish-speaking contingent (Gustavo, Alex, Fer etc) speak to each other in (God forbid) Spanish.

There are definitely no language rules on this forum so... parler dans n'importe quelle langue mes amis étrangers!

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Motorman

MissMissTraiteur est une douche de grandes.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:40 pm
Motorman

Jerhova wrote:

I see what you did there.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:21 pm
Viking Kong

dave5150 wrote:
English may be the language that Racer X recorded in but we are part of a worldwide community of fans and if speaking in their native tongue makes it easier to communicate a point between themselves then it has never been discouraged until now.
Good Lord, I've never seen anyone complain when, for example, the Spanish-speaking contingent (Gustavo, Alex, Fer etc) speak to each other in (God forbid) Spanish.

There are definitely no language rules on this forum so... parler dans n'importe quelle langue mes amis étrangers!

Falou tudo, cara!

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:26 pm
Profile YIM
Dr. X

Solange es um Racer X geht !

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:47 pm
Search Button God!

dave5150 wrote:

It's the context that was the issue here, not the language itself.

MissMisstreater wrote:
Lamer (a PGM forum moderator) had pointed out an error in accuracy, and he was met with a flipant sarcastic response - then suddenly it switches language - why should we all have to go to google translate to check you haven't just decided to hurl abuse?

Also, Xela is really old and having lived for billions of years the languages get mixed up in his head so he gets a pass ;)

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:53 pm
God Of The Sun

Jerhova wrote:

you make a good point - allow me to retort

Jerhova cee eter untic tra grest d'isuc, tu un fargrot es luntrat el drugen de famgra mort. Yol in ggnoin watr, os cluf de les.

:hug:

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Sorry Holmes, I can't understand Ebonics.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:38 am
God Of The Sun

the sentiment is there still.

Like it or not, this forum pretty much needs to stay in English. that's not me being a dick, that's to conform to various forms of social etiquette. It's no secret that on the rules page, Ken left it very blank - pretty much just leaving the golden rule. That's fine.

At the same time there are things he doesn't need to say. For example, Ken doesn't mention anything about racism, or religion bashing etc. There are no rules on threats etc etc

Let's just add in the fact that Ron Rokken's took legal steps against Ken (semi)recently based on the words and actions of others in this forum. The last thing we want is any trouble on here, and unfortunately it becomes pretty difficult to make sure nothing serious is happening if people are posting in up to 6900+ different languages.

Ultimately there is a reason a forum needs moderators. On this site there are 7 moderators, myself, Lamer, Pao (who are all still present) and then there's EKG, EricF, MDuCran and TheSurgeon (who pop in from time to time but aren't as active as they once were). I check these multiple times daily, I have removed bot posts, edited out the odd bit of abuse and merged/deleted duplicate threads.

While I don't have a problem with other languages, it makes my role difficult to do; and as handy as google translate is, it's hardly reliable. If we have 200 people all posting in whatever language they feel like, firstly it isolates people (the majority) and secondly it stops us from being able to do our jobs. If we want to have a languages forum, cool - but don't you think it only makes sense if there is someone to moderate it?

As Lamer points out - this one is even more clear cut. It's all about context. Person A says something, person B corrects person A. Person A and C then continue conversation in a tongue person B doesn't understand. What's to say they weren't abusing him? Clearly person A and C can talk in a universal language, as the thread started in it. The actions in this thread were taken (in my opinion) to push Lamer out - yeah, to push the dude that moderates this section of the forum out. I find that rude.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

So, moderators ban people because they are rude?

Let's face it, we were all making fun of George's auction and the price he was asking for the guitar. I could find that rude if I were him. Also, as far as I understand, he didn't say anything like "Sir Robin is a piece of shit and I'll fly to Brazil and beat him up".

People just got mad because he said something in some other language, and it was a bad thing. It's not like he ONLY posts here in russian or whatever. It was an isolated case. If I want to say something in Portuguese, Japanese or Spanish, I will and I hope not to get banned. If I do, it only shows that this place is not the same as it used to be.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:23 pm
Profile YIM
Search Button God!

Sir Robin wrote:
If I do, it only shows that this place is not the same as it used to be.

Yeah back in the day Chad would ban you for having a different opinion than him. I'd say we've made progress since then ;)

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:54 pm
Viking Kong

hahahaha :lol:

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:03 pm
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

Sir Robin wrote:
this place is not the same as it used to be.

now that I will agree with you on, it's nothing like what it used to be, and to be honest I need to stop caring about it like it's something it's not

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

If anyone wants my opinion... :P

I think Levi was a bit harsh in going straight for the, "Ya'll need Jesus" and threatened to ban. I doubt he'd ban them, but I do get what he's trying to say.

If anything, I've learned that the internet's (and the world's) universal language is English and it IS rude to speak in a different language when talking in a place like this. I don't create posts and talk in my native language just cause I'm assuming you guys can googletranslate it and find out what it means.

So that's it. Ban-hammer was pretty harsh but Levi wasn't wrong to say they should be speaking in English; should've been, "Shhh baby shhh I don't make love to people who can't say my name correctly."

And everyone chill. Like I said, the whole issue with the 9,000 PGM was cause we all probably felt like we were being scammed into buying something only one of us would buy when we're clearly telling him that his selling price is bollocks. I, for one, feel like I'm being made a fool but I laughed it off because if that's what he wants then he's never gonna sell the guitar. I don't think I've ever seen other forum members enter the board and tried something like that. It's not related whatsoever to the fact that he can't speak English.

So chill and group hug :hug:

Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:44 am
Godzilla

Pao wrote:
I think Levi was a bit harsh in going straight for the, "Ya'll need Jesus" and threatened to ban. I doubt he'd ban them, but I do get what he's trying to say.

+1, on both points.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:56 am
Motorman

:hug:

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:17 pm
Motorman

Post Re: !
http://link.marktplaats.nl/591933740

no raisins.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next