View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Great... 5-way switch on my PGM 301 have just ****ed... 
Motorman

Post Great... 5-way switch on my PGM 301 have just ****ed...
So... as I wrote above, today I woke up and as I got crush on that Levi's pentatonic tapped run I wanted to play it aloud with my amp... I launched it, and... WTF? When I wanted to switch onto the Bridge pickup the "switch" itself felt loose and I just snapped it lol... The thing is... that I can hear it's still doing its job... It switches from and to all pickup configurations, but... I cannot hear the specific "pyk" and the "jump" of that switch... :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry:
Now, the question is... Should I replace it with a new switch? Or maybe something got loose on mine and need to be screwed lol 8)

Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:06 am
Viking Kong

As long as it still works, I wouldn't mess with it. That being said, I'd probably go ahead and buy a new switch and have it ready to go drop in if that switch does completely fail. --Jason

Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:48 pm
God Of The Sun

i should have put a disclaimer on the lick...."may cause guitars to spontaneously combust"

glad that you wanted to play the lick tho!

hope you sort the problem

Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Hehe :roll: :wink: But that lick is really amazing and addictive lol :D BTW. then I really am lucky as hell, as I bought 2 5-way switches in Japan :wink: (they were supposed to be used in my RG 560 project ) :wink:

Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:16 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Maybe you should e-mail Ibanez and let's have a race to who's gonna get their parts first :lol:

Bet you I'll lose

Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:18 pm
Motorman

lol :wink: I bought that PGM like 2 years ago :wink: haha and in Japan... :D Still haven't got the parts :?: lol

Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:44 pm
Motorman

there is a little tab on the side of the switch which creates the positive feel, just open the electrical cavity and look for the thin strip of metal, put it back in place and it should be alright, unless the strip snapped in which case you could get a new switch...

Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Well just a moment ago... I wanted to play it a lil bit... and I heard some weird tapping... When I opened the cavity there was a really small, like a 1mm ball rolling :D lol Now... anybody knows what it is :?:

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:05 pm
Viking Kong

Well just a moment ago... I wanted to play it a lil bit... and I heard some weird tapping... When I opened the cavity there was a really small, like a 1mm ball rolling :D lol Now... anybody knows what it is :?:

The only things in a PGM cavity should be wire, solder, output jack, a pot and a switch.

Maybe its a ball of solder. Or maybe its from the switch. I don't think there are any little balls in the pot or on the output jack.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:52 pm
Motorman

No, I'm certainly positive it's from the switch... It's not from soldiering... I can see that it's pretty solid and shiny :wink: But what's the task of that little ball :wink: :?: hehe

Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:56 pm
Motorman

it goes under the strip of metal I mentioed before, in the centre.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Oh... So that's the point, why it's no longer working properly... :wink: Well... Now it's acceptable, as it's really easy to switch between pickups, so I'd leave it this way :D but when it'd screw totally I would just have to put that lil ball, right :?: :wink:

Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]