View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 UK Price Check: PGM 301 
Promises to use Search button

Post UK Price Check: PGM 301
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum but I've been a PG fan for many many years. I've studied his music for soooo long! In fact I've had to make a firm effort to study other musicians as my playing really was influenced almost too much and I began to lack originality!!! I've been trying to study some Petrucci and Romeo but I always seem to find myself drawn to Gilberto!

I bought a 300 a few yaers ago, then traded that and a Prestige S for the new 301. It's been a great guitar for me, it so cool but recently I managed to get hold of a lovely MM Petrucci Mystic Dream and the poor 301 has been sat unplayed.

A good friend has offered me £550 for it, I'm pretty sure it's worth more. I really don't think I'll sell it as I really love it but I do need some new studio monitors...

Just wondering what the general asking price is for one of these at the moment in the uk???

It's in great condition...9/10 with the case and signed on the upper horn by PG himself (at a gig in Leeds I think).

I'd consider offers, though like I said...I'm so very torn about selling it, such a cool guitar that means a lot to me...I'm just interested in the value. I can't really find any for sale anywhere! I'll post pics if anyone is interested....and no...the Petrucci is not for sale :)

Thanks,
John.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:12 am
Motorman

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:20 am

Here's a photo of me rocking this guitar before I was lucky enough to get it signed!

It plays so well live. I miss that Laney too...ended up selling that and ended up with an ENGL Powerball....both awesome amps but I needed a darker tone and the Laney is sooo bright and cheery :)

Still have no idea what it's worth!

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:58 am
Queen Dork of the board

Best of luck selling!

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Last edited by flying-dino on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:05 pm
Godzilla

Make of that what you will, considering they arent making them anymore. Yet...

Id have said the best part of 600 quid is pretty reasonable.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:11 pm
Superhero

I paid £769 now and wouldn't sell it for £10,000

My PGM301 means everything to me especially since i have it signed + sealed.

Encrypto, welcome to the boards! Did you get it signed at Leeds last year? I didn't see you out back with Paul after the gig :(

I just sold my GH100L and am looking to get a powerball, could i ask you write a quick review of your opinion of the amp?

PGM301
Laney GH100L > Orange 2x12

Last edited by sharpant on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:20 pm
Superhero

I bought mine new last year for £800.

Make of that what you will, considering they arent making them anymore. Yet...

Id have said the best part of 600 quid is pretty reasonable.

Signed, 9/10 condition and no longer available :P

I'd ebay it wit a reserve of £800 tbh

PGM301
Laney GH100L > Orange 2x12

Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:21 pm

I still have no idea if I'll be able to sell it...tis a sweet guitar.
As requested, here's some pics.

..and my lovely MM Petrucci

Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:21 am

Encrypto, welcome to the boards! Did you get it signed at Leeds last year? I didn't see you out back with Paul after the gig :(

I just sold my GH100L and am looking to get a powerball, could i ask you write a quick review of your opinion of the amp?

Hi Sharpant,

I'm trying to remember where it was, it was a couple of years ago...I think it was Leeds or maybe Bradford? It was a tiny venue. I go to so many gigs! My mate who came with me will remember!! It was the last show of the tour I think, the tour manager said Paul wouldn't be coming out as he was heading straight to the airport. I waited out the back for ages and ages. It was pretty cold too. I think Mike Szuter was playing bass so maybe 2007?

As for the Powerball. I can only recommend it. I had the V1 with the matching cab. Looks and sounds amazing. Thick sound, handles the 7 string Universe with no problem. More than enough gain, I usually had the gain at 12 O'clock and it sounded awesome. Solos cut through...I just can't think of a fault. Built in Noise Gate works like a dream. I'd recomment the big floorboard with it, though it's quite expenseve.
The only difference between the V1 and V2...the V2 has a better noise gate and I think a logarithmic treble. Though the V1 I had was fine.

Um...I'm not used to 'reviewing' stuff! It's a dark amp...in the sense that I got it to replace my Laney VH100 which was great but very cheery and bright. The ENGL can be bright too but I would say it's a much darker sound. Meaty, thick and will induce jealousy from other guitarists.

I've had many amps in my time (Triaxis, VettaII, ADAMP1 etc). I like to think I know a good amp when I hear it and it definitly gets my recommendation.

There's some photos here I think http://www.flickr.com/photos/ilikerock/

Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:41 am
Queen Dork of the board

I'm not Sharpant, but maybe I can help with the show info...

It was the last show of the 2007 Euro tour correct? Here?

June 05 – Leeds, UK – Rio’s

There is no Bradford on the itinerary...

I've seen videos & pics from that Leeds show and it looks like it was amazing. That guitar/bass duel and swap w/Mike Szuter was somethin' else!

~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~

Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:48 pm

Yep, that was the show. I have loads of cool pics and footage from that show actually. Really good stuff...I'll try to dig them up and post some of them...

It was a really small venue, felt really personal. Great gig.

I waited by the tour bus for ages and ages, hours. I was sooo pleased to get it signed.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:43 pm
Dr. X

it's taken a little back seat since i've been playing my strat, but every time i pick it up, i always want to play, and play fast. love it:)

good luck selling the pgm301, (though i'd keep it and save up for monitors :))

2002 Gibson SG Spc
1989 Fender Strat w/ Area '61 MIA
1987 Ibanez RG550

Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]