View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Clarity 
God Of The Sun

Volkan wrote:
Bluerooster wrote:
I cannot get clarity from my low E string. D,G,B,andE can all be picked at top speed and I can get clear prcise sound from all notes. But the E and A speed picking sound muddy and flat.....always. It's not like I even have days where I am really "on" and I can get that "cellolike" sound from the E and A. I feel like I will never be able to play the main riffs from Tech Diff or Scarified because of this picking problem.

Any ideas on how to practice this or to set up the pickups and amps to get me one step closer would relly make my day. The pickups in parallel idea is something I need to look into. How do you tell how the pickups are wired?

I had the same problem. what I did is this:

I used to run my amp with gain at 4-5 and boost it with the ds-1's level knob. this gave me great overdrive but it was muddy. muddy as hell. then I tried turning down the gain. I keep the amp's gain at 1.5 or 2 and boost it with the ds-1's level knob. it gave me much more clean tones and my fingers dexterity. now I can play confidently at real low gain settings. after I got my tone zone, because it has more bass and mids than a stock pickup, it was muddy again on the low strings. it sounded like the notes were feeding back instead of ringing. earlier today, I chaged the wiring to parallel, and I was shocked, really clean sound. I totally recommend it.

hey volkan,
can u give the setting ur using on the ds-1?

sure
tone at 2 o clock
level is 80% or maybe 85%
no distortion at all.

hope that helps :wink:

Tue May 19, 2009 7:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2