View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 any truth to the rumor? 
Dr. X

Post any truth to the rumor?
Is there any truth to the rumor that ibanez is gonna rerelease all the pgm models? Will i ever be able to buy a pgm200?

Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:25 am
Viking Kong

If you are lucky enough to find one, and you have the money you can buy a 200 right now. They do come up for sale you just have to be patient. I thought it would be one of the last PGM's I would find along with the 700 but I got both of those before some of the more common models.

Even if they did reissue the 200 and the color is as inaccurate as the photos I saw of the one at Musikmesse I wouldn't even want the reissue.

Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:52 am
is evil...Evil Joe

I think someone started the rumor by saying the 2nd and 3rd place winners in the voting would be released one day but I don't see it happening.

Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:44 am
God Of The Sun

Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

I think someone started the rumor by saying the 2nd and 3rd place winners in the voting would be released one day but I don't see it happening.

The rumors started around the time Ibanez put the next reissue up to a vote. On some page somewhere it said something that made it sound like they could be releasing all of them, and we were just voting for what would be released 2nd (after the 100RE).

MissMisstreater wrote:
photos of the 200?

I'm thinking iut could have been bad lighting, and/or bad picture, but the colors are nowhere near what they should be. There might be too much blue in the finish or something. IMO it should either be the light blue of the original finish or the greenish blue they get after the clearcoat yellows.

For comparison here are some pictures of my 200. In the first one you can see the lighter blue color of the finish right next to the fretboard between fret 23 and 24 where the clearcoat has chipped away. The rest of it is the greenish color you get from the yellowed clearoat.

The f-holes on the new one in germany are not as bright pink as the real ones are.

Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:55 pm
Dr. X

even on the 100re the pink is way too light, the originals look better

Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:44 pm
Motorman

www.myspace.com/shred_lives1980

Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:18 am
Profile WWW
Queen Dork of the board

1980, I'm not sure they are "greedy" per se... it seems more like hungry, but very, very hungry.

It doesn't seem to matter what Paul's people come up with... some of these fans want more, or a different thing, no matter what.

Greed would imply that most of these people have the wherewithal to consume most if not all of Paul's offerings, and that is far from true.

The *vast* majority of the complainers would not have purchased the higher-end things (guitars, etc) regardless of the offering.

They are just speculating on a rumor, and picking on the color of the guitars here... that's not greedy, it's very mildly gossippy, and quite picky :)

They are good, finicky folks.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Last edited by flying-dino on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:55 am
Superhero

The *vast* majority of the complainers would not have purchased the higher-end things (guitars, etc) regardless of the offering.

Ibanez is not high-end as far as I'm concerned.

But everything else I agree on. :)

Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:00 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Are you for reals!? :shock: :?

Spins just freakin' bought one of the very first PGM401's for sale... Justice owns a PGM 200... I pointed out that the PGM100RE's colors were crappy too.. how do I know? I own one. Almost everyone who was extremely dissapointed in the reissue of the 300 already owns a PGM, or if not I'm sure at least owns a couple cds or dvds or whatever.

I'm not trying to pick on you dino, I'm just wondering. How much PG merch do you own? (cds, dvds, mags, whatever)

Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:03 am
Profile WWW
Dr. X

i wouldnt say im picky, i just think if you are reissuing a guitar why not duplcate it exactly? They didnt want to spend an extra hour mixing paint to come up with the exact colors? That just seems lazy. As far as greedy i wouldnt really say that either but i have cash, love guitars, willing to support Paul but im a bit tired of floyd roses so for me im in a hardtail kick and just really wanted the 200

Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:26 pm
Dr. X

oh yeah forgot to add, my 401 will be my 4th pgm guitar, so i am an actual buyer and not just a complainer, and i would actually have bought any hardtail color combo they would have released, i think a totally new combo would have been wild, there are some gorgeous mock ups on 'build your dream pgm' topic. i think pgms are pure sexy

Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:36 pm
Viking Kong

They are just speculating on a rumor, and picking on the color of the guitars here... that's not greedy, it's very mildly gossippy, and quite picky :)

They are good, finicky folks.

I agree with spins if they are going to bother to reissue a guitar they should make it as accurate as possible within reason. I wouldn't expect Gibson to source 1950's capacitors, or PAF magnets made with the same materials and manufacturing techniques as the originals to put in a 1959 reissue for example.

Things like the finish are within their control. Things like the color of the pickup bobbins are out of their control, so if something like thats a little off you won't hear any real complaints from me. I might point it out if I notice it, but its not a dealbreaker.

I wouldn't be in the market for a 200 reissue since I already have an original, however if they reissued a model I did want for the same price as the 401 and 100RE I probably would have already placed my order. If the fireman was priced reasonably I probably would have spent my tax refund on one.

Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:15 pm
Dr. X

yeah i would have picked up a fireman too, like a lot of other people, if it wasnt priced so out of range

Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:29 pm
Motorman

Guys, the color of that 200 on the photo is really weird, and I'm fairly sure its the camera's fault, as I've been to Messe and I havent noticed the difference between the older versions :wink:

Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:43 pm
Viking Kong

Guys, the color of that 200 on the photo is really weird, and I'm fairly sure its the camera's fault, as I've been to Messe and I havent noticed the difference between the older versions :wink:

good to know!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:09 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

What about the reported non painted neck on the 400?

Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:11 pm
God Of The Sun

thats bloody stupid...kinda key detail dont you think?

Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Well... I didnt look closer at the 400, because I thought its not important... but imo I would have notice, if the neck on that model was red... so I suppose, it's true, that it's not painted :wink:

Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]