View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Just a few more days 
Queen Dork of the board

What's nice about not having a horse in this race is... it didn't matter to me at any time which guitar won - I knew I'd be happy no matter what. And I am. I compiled a decent press release and ran press for half an hour about it. I hit as many sites as I could remember, and for every one of them I included links to Paul and Ibanez. Spread the good word, me friends!!

I'm just so happy to see all of this goodness finally happening to Paul, all of this exposure finally happening for his music and his art. Sure, he's more busy then ever, but it hasn't made him inaccessible or mean. He's still got that same good humor, unintentionally or not, and he's still as kind as ever. So it's all good.

If he inspires you to woodshed / practice, no matter the guitar, this is great!

If the guitar you like did not win, don't let the money burn a hole in your pocket... save it. The economy sucks right now. Save up now and buy later.

Onward to the press conference and to tomorrow and Saturday... :)
Must.see.videos.
:)

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:12 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Add that to left over Edge Pros (they've switched to Edge Zeros now)

= PGM300. Woot.

Oh, Ibanez.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:37 pm
Viking Kong

Tronne told me this yesterday on MSN, and, I wasn't gonna buy it anyways, but really, I just can't see HOW it could become the 300! I mean, how are they even supposed to sell it? Hell, I even just sold my own 300... :lol: Oh well, that's just life I guess :lol:

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:44 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Tronne told me this yesterday on MSN, and, I wasn't gonna buy it anyways, but really, I just can't see HOW it could become the 300! I mean, how are they even supposed to sell it? Hell, I even just sold my own 300... :lol: Oh well, that's just life I guess :lol:

EXACTLY. I mean how the fuck are they gonna sell it? It's not ANYTHING new. It's probably gonna sell higher than the 301 because of the bridge, plus it's not what Paul is using right now.

Sigh... Ibanez...

Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:53 pm
Superhero

Just like Eric said. It makes sense to release the 300. It's his most played guitar, and the one I first saw him with on that Mr.Big Budokan 92 show.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:00 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

No, I understand. I know the 300 (which was soon converted to a hardtail) is the most popular PGM, but it's practically the same as the 301 because of the color scheme. The 301's been out since forever, so I have no idea why people would vote for the same color scheme?

The PGM800 wasn't a surprising 2nd, but I would've guessed that THAT would've won at least. I mean, next to the 300, the 800 is the most "popular" one, you know?

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:07 pm
Queen Dork of the board

The news guys are starting to pick it up; Guitar World picked it right up from me but Bravewords took a few hours (not a problem)... *very happy*

http://www.bravewords.com/news/110402

but still no word from the press conference. Argh!

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:09 pm
Motorman

Well there are too many stories of which pgm is the most popular at the end. And then also the question, which one would you pick if you could choose? And which one is the best? This can be different. My favorite is the 200, but never played it, so so far it's only the looks. I even heard the 200 doesn't play very well.

Pao wrote:
No, I understand. I know the 300 (which was soon converted to a hardtail) is the most popular PGM, but it's practically the same as the 301 because of the color scheme. The 301's been out since forever, so I have no idea why people would vote for the same color scheme?

The PGM800 wasn't a surprising 2nd, but I would've guessed that THAT would've won at least. I mean, next to the 300, the 800 is the most "popular" one, you know?

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:18 pm
Motorman

And what a bad peace of writing, almost all copied...

[quote="flying-dino"]The news guys are starting to pick it up; Guitar World picked it right up from me but Bravewords took a few hours (not a problem)... *very happy*

http://www.bravewords.com/news/110402

but still no word from the press conference. Argh!

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:20 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Well there are too many stories of which pgm is the most popular at the end. And then also the question, which one would you pick if you could choose? And which one is the best? This can be different. My favorite is the 200, but never played it, so so far it's only the looks. I even heard the 200 doesn't play very well.

Pao wrote:

True. I suppose it depends on which video you saw Paul first or which show you were in for a certain PGM to have a certain impact.

What I'm thinking, though, is why would they re-issue a PGM with the same color scheme as one that's been there for years? I don't know if I can get my message through, but I honestly don't believe that people would vote for the 300. I honestly don't. I have half a mind thinking that they re-issued the 300 not based on votes.

If it's true, though, and everyone in the world voted for the 300 then god damn... I don't know what to say. :lol:

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:32 pm
Queen Dork of the board

> what a bad peace of writing, almost all copied...

The Face, I am aware of that. Like it says on the page, I COMPILED that press release. I did NOT write it and I never claimed I wrote it.
My claim is that I compiled it (source cited) and then I submitted it to the news places...

and it is working!
and this makes me very happy!

Blabbermouth is actually exhibiting very poor form by not citing any of their sources (I provided eight...) AND grabbing images from Ibanez... tsk tsk tsk. Check here:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=117388

If you check my page you will see every source linked.

Obviously this was done as an interim measure... I want the real press release from Ibanez (or some words from Paul) but I can't have it until they have typed up what Paul says at the press conference. Nobody can. That could be weeks, months. Look how long it took them to do a PR about the 401: 2 months!

In this case I was less concerned about what kidz thought of my "writing" (all 2 sentences) and much, much more concerned about making sure that Pablo and Ibanez got their names out there... as you know, this is a big deal for Paul and it should be talked about somewhere besides here and Jemsite. Visibility, exposure, all good. That article is about Paul and Ibanez and celebration and guitars... it's not about me. I hope you understand.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:51 pm
Superhero

The 300 looks the second coolest to the 301 IMO... and I own the 301 :oops:

*grabs shield*

Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:24 pm
Motorman

Can you get the 300 sans f-holes??? I'd buy that in a second. :lol: I'd love to have a white RG570 with a maple fingerboard and reverse headstock.

www.myspace.com/shred_lives1980

Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:16 pm
Viking Kong

From the stand point of a reissue for the 20th anniversary of the PGM the 300 makes total sense along with the 100.

As a PGM collector I am disappointed. It will be even worse if the reissue price is 2K list like the other models. Used 300's aren't that hard to find, and you can get them for quite a bit less than 2K or the $1600 street price.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:20 pm
Dr. X

Who the hell voted for this? I thought we had gathered the most hardcore fans here and i dont know of a single one voting for this one. Crapalony! And i was gonna buy it too!

+1038041092.

I'm uberly pissed off. How the hell did the 300 beat the 800 and the 200??? It hurts even more to see that the 800 and 200 were so close. I was gonna buy the hell out of the re-issue until now. I was so excited! It's bullshit that this happened.

I seriously didn't see the 300 winning at all. So many people on this board voted for the 800 and the 200! I just dont know what happened.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

The reissue of ANY of the previous PGMs was a bad Idea on Ibanezs part. There's really no shortage of any of them on the used market. They're out there, and at prices cheaper than the reissues are.

What they should have done is come up with three or four NEW models, then let the fans decide which one of those models would be produced either as a regular production model or a limited edition. That would have been WAY more exciting. Orange GOOMY guitar, HSS 301, Bolt-on neck version of the Fireman? Missed opportunities if you ask me.

As far as the 300 being reissued goes, at least you get the old neck profile, and Lo Pro Edge tremolo! :lol: --Jason

Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:50 pm
God Of The Sun

The reissue of ANY of the previous PGMs was a bad Idea on Ibanezs part. There's really no shortage of any of them on the used market. They're out there, and at prices cheaper than the reissues are.

What they should have done is come up with three or four NEW models, then let the fans decide which one of those models would be produced either as a regular production model or a limited edition. That would have been WAY more exciting. Orange GOOMY guitar, HSS 301, Bolt-on neck version of the Fireman? Missed opportunities if you ask me.

As far as the 300 being reissued goes, at least you get the old neck profile, and Lo Pro Edge tremolo! :lol: --Jason

Good thinking, I couldn't agree more.

Personally I'd much rather buy an old/used PGMxxx than a reissue.
A completely new model (Orange PGM) would be interesting though.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:04 pm
Dr. X

the thing I like about this guitar being reissued, is that the markets going to be flooded with em, as theres already alot out there. so picking up a used one cheap won't be hard.

It is still a bitchin guitar. Hey at least it wasn't the 700 and it ended up costing an insane amount of money.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

It is still a bitchin guitar. Hey at least it wasn't the 700 and it ended up costing an insane amount of money.

exactly! if that was the winner, it would sell for 5k fosho

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next