View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Just a few more days 
Motorman

then how did paul and bruce get custom ibanez epiphones back then?

Because they where endorsed! I don't see ibanez opening a custom shop to the public soon.

I think ibanez just does not offer enough different features, a lot of us would be very happy with a couple of more finishes to choose from.
In the 90's ibanez had a lot more options on their guitars then they have now.
Now most guitars only come in grey, black or blue.
Oh and they should bring back the old logo, why would they have changed it?

Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:51 pm
Viking Kong

Volkan wrote:
then how did paul and bruce get custom ibanez epiphones back then?

Because they where endorsed! I don't see ibanez opening a custom shop to the public soon.

I think ibanez just does not offer enough different features, a lot of us would be very happy with a couple of more finishes to choose from.
In the 90's ibanez had a lot more options on their guitars then they have now.
Now most guitars only come in grey, black or blue.

Exactly. I don't mean just open up a custom shop for the PGM. I mean open up a custom shop for RG typed guitars in general, with options like colors, tone woods, neck wood, trem/hardtail, fake f-hole option, color option...basically, using something like that virtual RG builder to achieve whatever you want.

Of course, each option would cost a little bit of money, but I'd be happy buying/building a custom 1,200-1,500 dollar guitar catered to my specific aesthetic/tone preferences, than one that Ibanez puts out for 2,000+ that isn't what I'm looking for. (Let alone a guitar for just under $10,000...seriously.)

This isn't me just being a fan of the Carvin system mind you. I LOVE the sound of Ibanezes. BUT I never bought one, because they never made one that I'd spend money on. There simply isn't enough color schemes, wood, top, and tone choices. I probably would buy an Ibanez, if they let me customize my own.

Jackson has adopted a custom shop system. I don't see why Ibanez can't. For companies like Fender and Gibson...they don't really need extra customization (although it'd be cool), because they already have so many different variations of the same guitar shapes in their catalog. At least add some different colors Ibanez!

I don't like how Ibanez only gives 2-3 color schemes for one model of guitar. This really limits what a guitarist can get visually. Usually they only come in simple plain red, black, blue, yellow, and etc. Color is as much important as a buying factor as tone and price.

Look at this fender, and click the "options" to see what I mean. More than 6 options here for one guitar.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=515748

Here's a standard 500-600 dollar one. Again, a LOT of options of color schemes.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=501158

Now compare this to Ibanez.

2 of the same color?? Red Viking? Red Optimus? 4 options
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S5470-Electric-Guitar?sku=518112

Cheaper end guitar, 300-400 bucks. 2-3 options I think. Don't remember.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG-Electric-Guitar?sku=481914

600 dollar Ibanez, 3 options.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S470DXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=519933

I don't think this is a smart move by Ibanez at ALL. For the same quality of one guitar, Fender has already made 6-8 guitars that look completely different than each other, some with different neck woods. Ibanez on the other hand, makes a few variations of a guitar, forcing someone who doesn't like the colors/lack of options to not buy it. I don't want to be forced to get a cheaper guitar for a color scheme I want, when Ibanez SHOULD be offering more options for each model, and more variations of the same model (Hardtail/trem options at least).

Again...only 2 options here. Nice paint job, but where's the maple quilt ruby burst? blue burst? Tobacco burst? What about maple flame tops?
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGT42FXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=512369

I'd have to look through many different models of different quality just to find a color that I like, and I might not necessarily be able to afford or like the quality of it.

This is all only my opinion of course. I know many Ibanez lovers are fans of plain colors and neon typed guitars. And I realize that many of you don't give a flying monkey crap about what I say. The thing is, I bet more people would buy Ibanez if they just had more options. I bet some of you would buy a hot pink RG550, neon lime green RG550, and whatever else you could think of. Many of you would probably buy a hardtail version of a Trem RG, but the option just isn't there. What about a completely white RG with gold hardware? Not unless you buy a Jem...Which is ridiculous for something that CAN be a standard option for a model. I, for one, do not want to spend 2,500 bucks on a guitar just for a color scheme, so to this day, Ibanez does not have my money.

Sorry for ranting. I've actually been thinking about this for a while.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:00 pm
Viking Kong

I never was a huge fan of most Ibanez models other than the PGM's. They don't offer enough hardtails IMO. The only normal RG's I do own are a 750 to make a dino RG replica, and 760 which I got for free.

If it was possible to get guitars from the custom shop I would definitely order 1 or 2. They don't even have to offer unlimited options. All they would need is to offer different finishes, and choice of hardware and I would probably be happy. I would love to be able to get PGM's in different colors.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:44 pm
Queen Dork of the board

TheFace: They're not just signed by Paul, they are drawn on too: they look super.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:13 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

well, looks like I don't have to buy another with the 401. Guess 5 PGM's is all I'm gonna have.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:41 pm
Motorman

I just got back from Frankfurt!!
I saw Paul a couple of times today! When I first saw him this morning during the signing session, he Actually remebered me 8)
I only met him about 5-6 times!He came to the stand at 11, where all the PGM models , accept the 301 were on display, and started signing them aarrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!
From the serial numbers I could see they were all made this year.
The Pgm 400 didn't have the finish on the back of the neck as on the original one Albert( theface) bought recently. So that's not completely original I guess.....
But anyhow, they all looked great!!!
The 200 in particular................
After the signing of the guitars ( which we're all sold I was told, don't ask me to who!!!) he signed some stuff for the crowd that was gathering.
He instantly recognized me 8) " you played extremely well during the VIP lesson" he said , with a lot of people around me :oops:
so I had a great moment there!!
He'll play a show there tomorrow.
I asked him about a United States tour in Europe, but nothing concrete there. He told me the tour would be small......
Later I asked him about MR Big in Europe and he gave me the idea that he was Really, Really exited about playing with his old buddies again.
But also, nothing concrete.......
Let's do one thing at a time , he said.
Well for now this is all I can remember!
Very , very tired!!!

Best,

Remy

Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:29 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Awesome stories Remy! Next time you should tell him if he doesn't join Racer X again you'll take his place. :twisted:

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

Hey guys!

I just got back from Frankfurt!!
I saw Paul a couple of times today! When I first saw him this morning during the signing session, he Actually remebered me 8)
I only met him about 5-6 times!He came to the stand at 11, where all the PGM models , accept the 301 were on display, and started signing them aarrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!
From the serial numbers I could see they were all made this year.
The Pgm 400 didn't have the finish on the back of the neck as on the original one Albert( theface) bought recently. So that's not completely original I guess.....
But anyhow, they all looked great!!!
The 200 in particular................
After the signing of the guitars ( which we're all sold I was told, don't ask me to who!!!) he signed some stuff for the crowd that was gathering.
He instantly recognized me 8) " you played extremely well during the VIP lesson" he said , with a lot of people around me :oops:
so I had a great moment there!!
He'll play a show there tomorrow.
I asked him about a United States tour in Europe, but nothing concrete there. He told me the tour would be small......
Later I asked him about MR Big in Europe and he gave me the idea that he was Really, Really exited about playing with his old buddies again.
But also, nothing concrete.......
Let's do one thing at a time , he said.
Well for now this is all I can remember!
Very , very tired!!!

Best,

Remy

They had all the old models there? I realize you're saying they are new builds. So what the heck does that mean? Is Ibanez making all the PGM's?
A new 200?? GULP

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:28 pm
Viking Kong

They had all the old models there? I realize you're saying they are new builds. So what the heck does that mean? Is Ibanez making all the PGM's?
A new 200?? GULP

They made at least 1 of each earlier this year to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the PGM. I read somewhere they gave paul one of each model.

All it means to me is that they probably made 2 of each model 1 set for Paul and 1 set to show off at tradeshows like NAMM and Musikmesse. Its possible they could reissue all of them, we'll just have to wait and see. There is a rumor that they planned to release them all, but until anything official comes from Ibanez all it is is just a rumor.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:05 pm
Queen Dork of the board

I have a picture on the hard drive of all of the signed / drawn on guitars... remind me to upload it to PB & post it here.

In the meantime:
(I hope that shows up/works)

That's great news that they were all sold.

Paul's the most unintentional super marketing guy around... guitars fly off the stands and magically sell themselves when he's drawing on them. hehe.

Remy, I heard the Marshall booth was jam packed and people couldn't even think about squeezing in to the booth if they hadn't queued for like an hour. How bad was it? and how good was the playing? (I'm thinking you saw the demos with Chris George, plus got to the signing)

~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~

Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:41 am
Viking Kong

mmm...the red+blue reminds me of candy...

Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:18 am
Motorman

Actually , I didn't check Paul at the Marshall booth.
I didn't hear him play at all yesterday.
I did see my friend Mattias IA Eklundh play at the Laney Booth.
Great Guy and Guitarist!
And Yeah, all the Pgm models we're brand new! made this year.
So Ibanez should do us all a big favor , and re-issue them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ain't gonna happen though............

Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:47 am
Queen Dork of the board

Awesome, you saw IA... he's a funny guy and a really good guitarist.

Oh well, too bad about the not reissuing all of them one at a time. I guess the 300 will have to do for now.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7