View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 PGM700 Playability 
Dr. X

Post PGM700 Playability
Hi I'm thinking of buying a PGM700 and for those who own or have owned one, I was wondering what does it play like? Does it have a painted neck, how does it compare to a 301 etc
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:43 pm
Viking Kong

Yes it does have a painted neck. If you are not used to painted necks it might not feel as fast to you. It also only has 22 frets. I don't have a 301, but I do have a 300. Compared to the 300 the upper fret access is worse since it has a set neck. If you are comfortable playing a guitar like a Gibson Les Paul the 700 has similar upper fret access, but has a thinner neck profile than most LP's.. Its also got a rosewood fretboard so it feels different than the maple fretboard on the 300. I regularly switch between ebony, maple, and rosewood fretboards so it doesn't bother me.

The neck profiles appear to be fairly similar. The nut widths are the same. At the 12th fret I measure the 300 neck being slightly narrower, but it is a well played 300 so it might just be that its worn in more.

They are totally different guitars. The 300 IMO is the better playing guitar. I'm not sayng the 700 is bad playing though. Its just different. Tone is subjective so i'm not even going to get into that.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:17 pm
is the Siren's Eye

my previous speaker is perfectly right! I'm pretty sure about that because I own one myself.

Some years ago it had been nearly impossibly outside of Japan to discuss such facts... times have changed :)

Actually I'm selling the guitar at the moment. I already put a topic on that on the board:

http://racerxband.com/board/viewtopic.p ... ht=pgm+700

With regards to its playability: the 700 cannot be compared to the RG-type models, as it is a "Les Paul-like"

guitar (OK, still far from that but its the only way to describe it). The neck is almost as thick as those on the Gibson

Les Paul Classics (I know that because I own one of them, too). The upper frets can be reached easily, because

of the shape of the body.

It iss a great guitar and besides all that its a very rare one! (Only 92 made).

I would keep it but I really need the money and as it is my most expensive guitar I need to sell it.

It is in an exellent condition and above all Paul signed it on his get out of my yard tour in 2007!

Cheers!

Markus

Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:40 am
Dr. X

very helpful!!!

Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:10 pm
God Of The Sun

real cool guitar mate, if I had that, I would sleep with it :P

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]