View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PGM 500 Rip Off (Shane Kurnia aka Kurnage is a scam artist) 
Dr. X

Post PGM 500 Rip Off (Shane Kurnia aka Kurnage is a scam artist)
I have just verified that I have been ripped of by Kurnage here on the board. He advertised a PGM 500 in the PGMs available section. I sent him 1,000 dollars through pay pal and he sent me an envelope with some kind of bracket (not sure because I did not open it).

I am opening a dispute with my card company but I am still not sure of the outcome. He has 1,000 of mine and did not send me the guitar.

I encourage Ken to ban him from the site.

I forgot to mention that I have clear proof of this.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:33 pm
Superhero

Thanks for letting us know and I'm sorry for you :(

PGM301
Laney GH100L > Orange 2x12

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:52 pm
God Of The Sun

That sucks so much ass...I hope you can get your money back somehow.
I also wanted very much to purchase that guitar, it was already sold when
I noticed it.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:57 pm
Viking Kong

that sucks. Hopefully your credit card company and/or paypal can help you get your money back.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:18 pm
Dr. X

No luck with Pay Pal. Kurnage must have been aware that providing anything in the mail is enough for pay pal to do nothing if the item is not purchased on eBay.

I have been a good pay pal customer for years and they pretty much screwed me on this one. My only hope now is that the card company does something about it.

This guy should be banned, tracked down, and turned over to the authorities.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:35 pm
Viking Kong

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:10 am
Dr. X

Pay Pal are utterly uselss at getting anything done huh.
When i had a problem, they basically just said "Can't help, sorry, bye".

Good luck getting it sorted, cant believe some people.

I propose a board trip is Australia for pay back... *gets pitch fork*

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:49 am
is evil...Evil Joe

I would attempt to notify local authorities to see if anything can be done.

With all the purchases I've made over the years, only had one scam. It was an eBay purchase and PayPal actually took care of it pretty quickly and paid me.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:10 am
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

i just had a look back through the forum, and he tried to sell it back in 2007 as well, for $900 i was thinking bout getting that, glad i didnt. but then again i would have picked it up myself

Pablo Pablo Pablo!

Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:43 am
Superhero

Everyone I have dealt with from Australia is no good. I know not everyone is bad but here is proof again.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:44 am
is evil...Evil Joe

I bet he'll disappear from the forum now. I hope your CCC can do something.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:24 am
is evil...Evil Joe

Everyone I have dealt with from Australia is no good. I know not everyone is bad but here is proof again.

i know you're only speaking from experience, but not all Australians are scammers. i don't deal with anyone outside of my own country, and if i buy a guitar i make sure i can go and see it and pick it up before i buy it,

dealing through anywhere other than ebay is risky and you should be prepared to be scammed.

Pablo Pablo Pablo!

Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:29 am
Viking Kong

frehley6986 wrote:

i know you're only speaking from experience, but not all Australians are scammers. i don't deal with anyone outside of my own country, and if i buy a guitar i make sure i can go and see it and pick it up before i buy it,

dealing through anywhere other than ebay is risky and you should be prepared to be scammed.

I think paypal is better at helping you if you got scammed on an ebay purchase than with an individual transaction.

There are ways to safely buy things from unknown buyers. I have had good luck buying things from overseas from regular board members and reputable dealers.

If you don't know the seller and want to ensure you don't get scammed you can use an escrow service. I have used an escrow service in the past. The seller does not get paid until the buyer gets the item and tells the escrow service to release the funds. If they are unwilling to use an escrow service I would just let the item go.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:48 am
Dr. X

I have had good luck with people overseas in the past. This guy seemed legit. He was a board member, had pics of him and Paul with the guitar, and had no prior negative feedback from anyone.

I will definitely use the escrow services in the future.

I hate learning things the hard way.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:34 am
Dr. X

I am planning to have some folks in Australia pay a visit to his local authorities and see how he likes that. I have a mountain of evidence that should be more than enough to deal with him. I don't plan to take this laying down. He will pay for his fraudulent activities. I will see to it that he gets some jail time if at all possible.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:52 am
Superhero

I am planning to have some folks in Australia pay a visit to his local authorities and see how he likes that. I have a mountain of evidence that should be more than enough to deal with him. I don't plan to take this laying down. He will pay for his fraudulent activities. I will see to it that he gets some jail time if at all possible.

Good to hear! when musicians start scamming each other its a sad age we live in :(

I wish you the best of luck with getting your money back mate. It sounds silly but how about calling the Australian authorities first to let them know people are coming on your behalf?

I doubt that's his real name man, the only thing you know for sure is his Paypal, see if they can provide you with his details, i highly doubt it but it's worth a shot right? Seeing as the bank have to confirm details to allow you to receive money via paypal all those details should be legit.

PGM301
Laney GH100L > Orange 2x12

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:26 am
God Of The Sun

How can you have proof that you didn't recieve anything?

Maybe the guy died :lol:

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:22 am
Superhero

Paypal will only guarantee your transaction to a select few countries. I refused to sell a guitar to a guy in England for that reason. The only way I could have guaranteed my end was to ship it Fedex or UPS and that was like triple the money.

Your best bet is to call or write your credit card company. They will charge paypal back but then there is an issue with paypal possibly doing something to you on that end too.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:33 pm
Dr. X

Did you have a credit card directly attached to the pay pal account? If you do, you should be fine. I work in the credit card processing business, pm me if you need any help. Speaking of which, if anyone needs to accept credit cards at their business I can give you a special "racer x board" member rate! :D I don't usually try to sell my services here.....but....since it kind of came up in the conversation, I will throw myself out there.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:40 pm
Dr. X

Did you have a credit card directly attached to the pay pal account? If you do, you should be fine. I work in the credit card processing business, pm me if you need any help. Speaking of which, if anyone needs to accept credit cards at their business I can give you a special "racer x board" member rate! :D I don't usually try to sell my services here.....but....since it kind of came up in the conversation, I will throw myself out there.

I used a Pay Pal Visa. I opened a dispute with the credit card company that issues the Pay Pal Visa (they are not part of Pay Pal). I think they are GE money bank or something like that.

Not sure what they are going to do.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next