View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Paul Gilbert talks about his new Ibanez guitars 
Superhero

I forgot all about Bruce. I was thinking it was probably Pat Torpey and Billy Sheehan.
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

That's exactly where my mind went too! That would be great. (Only in theory though. I'm bitterly sitting here an ocean and a continent away. I really shouldn't be so interested.)

"That's no good; too much belly."

Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:57 pm
Viking Kong

flying-dino wrote:
you should not insult Paul for making music he loves...

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Stating a preference is not an insult.

Thanks for understanding me.

Don't get me wrong, dino. I really like Paul's solo work, but Racer X IS my favorite band, and we all know that the only reason why Racer X isn't an active band, is because Paul doesn't want to.

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:45 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

we all know that the only reason why Racer X isn't an active band, is because Paul doesn't want to.

I don't think thats true. Scott and John are pretty busy with their other bands as a well.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:01 pm
Viking Kong

Sir Robin wrote:
we all know that the only reason why Racer X isn't an active band, is because Paul doesn't want to.

I don't think thats true. Scott and John are pretty busy with their other bands as a well.

That's what I've been told before. Of course Scott and John wouldn't quit Priest and Mars Volta, but they always have a period of "vacation" that they'd enjoy spending time with Racer X, if Paul wanted to;

Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:52 pm
Profile YIM
Queen Dork of the board

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Last edited by flying-dino on Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:10 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
The axes/vid:
I watched the video again and they didn't have all 3 guitars in the room... but didn't even mention the 401. It's kind-of odd.

The 401 is the only PGM in the catalog. The 100RE and the Fireman are not in the catalog.

The 401 will supposedly be available Feb. 2009 and the MSRP is MUCH lower then the list. As predicted. Remember MSRP is the full retail price that dealers will charge if they feel like it... most will charge 10-30% under the MSRP so that you feel like you're really getting a deal. So all this panic was unwarranted.

Specific to the video, Paul seems genuinely happily excited about the concert tonight. All revved up but not hyper... a cool sort of "no worries..." He seemed to have a very chipper/enthusiastic, and grateful demeanor.

The show:
I think all sorts of happy heck would break loose if they did some Mr. Big stuff tonight... :)

I was trying to think of a silly special guest so I could make a joke.
Is Yngwie in the audience? Hhmmmm... I just had that thought. (the image of Yngwie with the wall of Marshalls at LIMS popped in to my head, and then I thought of Viking Kong)
Hah, silly curveball of a thought.

Yngwie would just credit himself on Pauls playing becuse thats the prick he really is... :evil: Racer X playing Mr.Big? neh Probably that PG´s band would play Mr.Big with Billy =)

Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Queen Dork of the board

> Yngwie would just credit himself on Pauls playing becuse thats the prick he really is...

LOL. Hopefully the camerapeople would choose the appropriate times to zoom in on just who's fingers were doing all the work.

It's not the speed that "wows the audience" in that situation, it's the emotion, and PG would mop the floor with Yngwie's big hair.

(not that Yngwie sucks, it's just that his attitude is so poor that he simply cannot convey true emotion; he's too busy being better then everyone else.)

> Racer X playing Mr.Big? neh Probably that PG´s band would play Mr.Big with Billy =)

... That is what I meant. All the cool freeform stuff is going to come from Paul's solo band...
Racer X is going to play a set of Racer X. If they play anything besides their own songs I'll be really surprised.

I just noticed though that Eric Martin isn't in the lineup, so unless he's a special guest, we're going to have to hope that either a) I am wrong, or b) Paul has some other special guests (unless Paul has quickly developed an ability to sing like Eric Martin)...

OK so our possible special secret guest list includes: Bruce Bouillet, Pat Torpey, Billy Sheehan, Eric Martin, Yngwie, Richie Kotzen or George Lynch (why not? there are enough PGM's to go around :)...

Man he should get Guthrie Govan up onstage with him. It would be an instant killer blues fusion jam if that ever happened!

Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:12 pm
Godzilla

...Man he should get Guthrie Govan up onstage with him

I (and many many other people) would instantly die if that happened. I don't think it will happen in this scenario, but I really hope that one day those two get together for a jam as I believe there is a tremendous amount of mutual respect between them

Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:27 pm
Viking Kong

Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:28 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

Billy probably is at NAMM. He has a new Yamaha signature bass coming out this year.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:31 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Billy probably is at NAMM. He has a new Yamaha signature bass coming out this year.

He is, he had a signing session with John yesterday - wouldn't be surprised if he made an appearance.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2