View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Which PGM should be re-issued? 

Which PGM should Ibanez and Paul re-issue?
PGM200 48%  48%  [ 27 ]
PGM300 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
PGM400 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
PGM500 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
PGM600 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
PGM700 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
PGM800 30%  30%  [ 17 ]
PGM900 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
PGM1000 (Acoustic) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 56

Which PGM should be re-issued? 
Godzilla

They should reissue the Fireman at a reasonable price

LOL! +1

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:21 pm
God Of The Sun

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:31 pm
Superhero

2. PGM200

3. PGM800

Yes, I understand the orange pgm wouldn't be a "reissue"

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:36 pm
Viking Kong

200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:12 pm
Viking Kong

Of all the previous models, the 800 is the one to reissue. The 200 is cool, but in a straight up battle between the two guitars, there's no comparison. The 800 wins hands down.

Instead of a reissue, I'd prefer a new model all together. Something fresh, new color scheme. Just something with a reverse headstock, and WITHOUT pickup rings. God I hate pickup rings. And as far as the orange guitar goes, it suffers the same problem as the 401. To me it just looks like an RG321 with f-holes.

--Jason

Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:22 pm
God Of The Sun

for all the orange pgm lovers, here's a vid to tease you all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efq_lPN2TZE&feature=rec-HM-r2
featuring a killer lick

Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:24 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Gotta be the 200! Such a rare sight to see one used and oh so expensive! Then again, i doubt these reissues will be cheap. Sigh.

What's up with everyone's love for the orange pgm? I just don't get it! No middle pickup! And flame maple top? No thanks, it's a guitar not a godam table! HA! I appreciate if not everyone shares my opinon btw!

ps SHARE MY OPINION! :twisted:

Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:06 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

What's up with everyone's love for the orange pgm? I just don't get it! No middle pickup! And flame maple top? No thanks, it's a guitar not a godam table! HA!

+1

Pablo Pablo Pablo!

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:00 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Tigra I don't agree with you but this made me lol..

Tigra wrote:
And flame maple top? No thanks, it's a guitar not a godam table!

:lol:

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:44 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

I like the 800 better than the 200, but I would love to have a 200 that is actually Fountain Blue....not green 8)

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:44 am
Viking Kong

Gotta be the 200! Such a rare sight to see one used and oh so expensive! Then again, i doubt these reissues will be cheap. Sigh.

What's up with everyone's love for the orange pgm? I just don't get it! No middle pickup! And flame maple top? No thanks, it's a guitar not a godam table! HA! I appreciate if not everyone shares my opinon btw!

I already have a 200 and its the thinnest sounding PGM I own. That doesn't mean it sounds bad. I didn't really like the tone at first, but over time have learned to dial in my amp to make it sound good. It does look pretty cool. I tend to play my other PGM's more. If they reissue it would they use the clearcoat that yellows turning the guitar greenish, or a newer clearcoat that stays clear.

I think the orange PGM looks awesome. I'd buy it even if they used a non transparent orange paint and left off the flamed top. I like the color. The f-holes on that guitar look great in black outlined with a lighter color. I think the bound body looks cool too. It gives the guitar a different look than a normal RG or PGM. If they wanted to make true replica they should use a transparent orange finish and a flamed top or veneer.

I'm not totally against the idea of reissuing old models, but the way they are pricing their current models the reissues are probably going to be priced higher then you can get an originals for. I also don't want reissues possibly bringing down the values of my rarer PGM's even if I have no plans to sell them anytime soon.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:46 am
is evil...Evil Joe

I already have a 200 and its the thinnest sounding PGM I own. That doesn't mean it sounds bad. I didn't really like the tone at first, but over time have learned to dial in my amp to make it sound good. It does look pretty cool. I tend to play my other PGM's more. If they reissue it would they use the clearcoat that yellows turning the guitar greenish, or a newer clearcoat that stays clear.

I think the orange PGM looks awesome. I'd buy it even if they used a non transparent orange paint and left off the flamed top. I like the color. The f-holes on that guitar look great in black outlined with a lighter color. I think the bound body looks cool too. It gives the guitar a different look than a normal RG or PGM. If they wanted to make true replica they should use a transparent orange finish and a flamed top or veneer.

I'm not totally against the idea of reissuing old models, but the way they are pricing their current models the reissues are probably going to be priced higher then you can get an originals for. I also don't want reissues possibly bringing down the values of my rarer PGM's even if I have no plans to sell them anytime soon.

You have some good points there! My resoning was that the reissues'll probably be damn expensive, hence there's no point in reissuing some models cause you can pick em up quite cheaply (unlike the 200).

To be fair, i'd be happy with any model reissue, as my PGM collection only consists of a 301!

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:58 am
Tab Master

200. If you write anything else, then you've pressed the wrong key. :twisted:

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3