View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Interesting discussion, but please delete this (mods). 
God Of The Sun

That's the thing. I don't want it to get to that point where someone (Ibanez or Paul) says "take it down". I don't want things to spiral out of control.

YOU WORRY TOO MUCH DINO, CHILL :wink:

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:45 pm
Viking Kong

... I don't understand the medium frets thing either. I thought everyone said jumbo frets are easier to play on "fast" and experience less wear. *shrug* I'm not a guitarist by any stretch of the imagination, so feel totally free to correct that speculation. Maybe they are stainless steel.

Preferred fret size i a personal thing much like neck size and number of other variables that go into a guitar.

I doubt they used stainless steel frets. They are much harder to work with than normal frets. Some people don't like working with them since they are harder than normal frets so they wear out your tools faster when you are working with them.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:03 pm
Godzilla

:(

Lamer wrote:
THIS < ORANGE PGM

'nuff said...

agreed... :x it really does surprise me that this is the newest RG bodied PGM. I don't really understand why, of all the other cool guitars he plays, this one would be the one to be released.

It could be because of the fact that it is different from most of his other guitars on the market being an HH with medium frets but that color doesnt really do it for me. The picture makes it look like it has a really fake sunburst top IMO (reminds me of the Gibson Les Paul JR haha)

Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:13 pm
Godzilla

Can someone please photochop some creme binding around the body and the F holes so I will feel better.

I can't believe this is the guitar over the orange one.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:29 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Can't see it doing very well at all, certianly not at that price - would have thought they'd pick another with more sellability (is that a word?) what with Pauls new found level of fame.

Wonder why they chose it :?

Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:33 pm
Godzilla

+1

I don't really like that guitar tbh, and won't be buying it (especially at £1.5k!!!).

I really hope they make the Fireman more accessable price wise for buyers, but some how I doubt it, especially for the single coil version as it is made out of Korina wood which is poisonous if you inhale the dust. This means it'll cost em more to produce as they're implimenting saftey procautions.

Sucks, but if that is the case and I can't afford one I'll be after Eric's PGM300 :P

Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:36 pm
Dr. X

Unfortunately with the credit crunch i think Ibanez are capitalising on Paul's name more than ever, as i have said all ibanez are medium range guitars, plus this one has standard headstock, and medium/vintage output humbuckers, i would not have one for free let alone £1500, medium humbuckers are alright for Paul as he is so good, but most of his fans do not have the fingers or the rig to get that tone, i added a super distortion to my pgm 301 and i love it now, i have rare sunburst jackson which is the nuts so this is just salesmanship, which is a great shame, imo this guitar should sell for £500, but it is all about the money, nothing to do with Paul

Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:23 pm
Dr. X

Ayrton wrote:

+1

I don't really like that guitar tbh, and won't be buying it (especially at £1.5k!!!).

I really hope they make the Fireman more accessable price wise for buyers, but some how I doubt it, especially for the single coil version as it is made out of Korina wood which is poisonous if you inhale the dust. This means it'll cost em more to produce as they're implimenting saftey procautions.

Sucks, but if that is the case and I can't afford one I'll be after Eric's PGM300 :P

again would you really like the fireman with single coils?, Paul is good enough to deal with them, but for most people they will be shite?

Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:24 pm
Godzilla

As people have said before, i can't see what Ibanez thought when they decided on this. Sure, Paul probably decides what he wants, and puts out the models he likes at that moment, but Ibanez has to have to final saying, for maximum profit.

I'm pretty confident that 80% of the people on the RX board prefer the orange GOOMY guitar over this one, and from what i've seen people on other forums do aswell.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:26 pm
Godzilla

AzzaDutt wrote:
Ayrton wrote:

+1

again would you really like the fireman with single coils?, Paul is good enough to deal with them, but for most people they will be shite?

Yea, single coils are good, plus that Korina is beutiful with that pickguard :P

Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:29 pm
God Of The Sun

Paul probably decides what he wants, and puts out the models he likes at that moment,.

hmmm yeah im sure paul LOVES this guitar...he played it SOOOO much when i saw him

he used it for detuned songs...that was all....

:roll:

Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

While I am disappointed that the orange PGM is not the 401, I am quite happy to see anything other than the same old 301 again.

Assuming the 401 will hit our shores at close to current pricing, I will buy one just to support Paul.

Maybe we will get lucky, and there will be other models besides the 401 and the 20th.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:02 pm
Viking Kong

I think the Orange one is more Paul Gilbert like, if you all know what i mean.... But I cannot say this one is ugly.

I don't think I'll buy one, since I don't have ANY cash, and I already own a PGM, so I'd vlike to buy some other type of guitars.

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:50 pm
Profile YIM
Dr. X

fix'd

Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

That's the thing. I don't want it to get to that point where someone (Ibanez or Paul) says "take it down". I don't want things to spiral out of control. Right now there's one thread and that's small and easily controllable. If this isn't supposed to be up right now then it will be removed. Out of respect to Paul and his endorsement. I am not part of the gossip clan and don't want any part of that headache.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Paranoid much? :)

Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:32 pm
Queen Dork of the board

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Last edited by flying-dino on Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:34 pm
Dr. X

Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

I also made a moron of myself on the guitarist forum..... :cry:

PGM301
Laney GH100L > Orange 2x12

Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:15 am
Godzilla

I also made a moron of myself on the guitarist forum..... :cry:

Not at all, that guy was being a tard.