View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Paul's PGM 300 Fixed Bridge Conversion 
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Wow. That thing is amazing. I think I want to get one too. :D

Fri May 30, 2008 4:40 am
Motorman

Awesome. And thanks to everyone I'll be ordering two. 8)

I <3 This Board

cool you wont regret it and probably will install it on all your trem equipped guitars

one of the most beneficial gadgets to come out for the guitar over the past couple of years

Fri May 30, 2008 10:33 am
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

Fri May 30, 2008 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Alright guys I ordered 2 off ebay. (Saved some cash :) ) and they arrived today. After lots of noobiness and newfound understandings of how the guitar works I successfully installed, and set up my tremol-no pgm 100... and I fucking love it!! It's amazing. Thank you guys so much!!! I'm going to be pimping this thing out all day long.

Really anyone who's thinkin about getting one.. don't think. You really can't go wrong. You can change to a normal floyd with just a couple turns of the knobs and if I can install it, anyone can. :D

Thank you guys again and I'm going to make a tremol-no thread in the guitarist forum tomorrow. But right now.. I must sleep. Work in 6 hours! D'oh!

Long live tremol-no. :D

Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:09 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

EricF wrote:

The tremo no thing wouldn't solved my problems. My biggest aggrivation with my floyds is the tuning. I like to change tunings often and using my epiphone sg to play COB isn't fun.

Actually it would. If you tighten down the screws the trem no longer moves. You can keep the nut unlocked and tune it like you would any hard tail guitar.

but this way you change the settings of the Floyd Rose, and it could force the neck too much and fuk wih it.
I've heard that the Floyd Rose has to be parallel to the body on the ideal settings.

anyways, EricF, since you've got two, just be more of a PG Rip Off and put theat chunck of wood on the 300!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:36 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

xjustice09x wrote:
EricF wrote:

The tremo no thing wouldn't solved my problems. My biggest aggrivation with my floyds is the tuning. I like to change tunings often and using my epiphone sg to play COB isn't fun.

Actually it would. If you tighten down the screws the trem no longer moves. You can keep the nut unlocked and tune it like you would any hard tail guitar.

but this way you change the settings of the Floyd Rose, and it could force the neck too much and fuk wih it.
I've heard that the Floyd Rose has to be parallel to the body on the ideal settings.

If the guitar is set up properly in the first place it shouldn't be an issue. When the tremolno is locked the floyd should stay locked parallel to the body. Esentially you are turning the floyd into a hardtail. It shouldn't be putting any more stress on the neck than if you were using a hardtail guitar.

Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:32 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

You're right robin. But Ironically.. last night I really finally got to learn how floyds work and how to intonate and all that. (about time.. the day I never have to mess with floyds again. :lol: ) So I got it set up perfectly, I was so proud of my self after. hah. Also like justice said, if the guitar is set up right then everything will turn out okay. The obstacle I faced is my buddy who had set up my floyds in the past used 3 springs. But rather than having them all perpendicular and straight he had the outer 2 going towards the middle. So I had to learn to readjust everything. Which I did successfully and now it's working fine.

This contraption rocks. Thanks again guys I would definitely recommend it to everyone. I think my guitar sounds better than ever as well!

ROCK!

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

You're right robin. But Ironically.. last night I really finally got to learn how floyds work and how to intonate and all that. (about time.. the day I never have to mess with floyds again. :lol: ) So I got it set up perfectly, I was so proud of my self after. hah. Also like justice said, if the guitar is set up right then everything will turn out okay. The obstacle I faced is my buddy who had set up my floyds in the past used 3 springs. But rather than having them all perpendicular and straight he had the outer 2 going towards the middle. So I had to learn to readjust everything. Which I did successfully and now it's working fine.

This contraption rocks. Thanks again guys I would definitely recommend it to everyone. I think my guitar sounds better than ever as well!

ROCK!

All mine have the 3 springs that way. Once set up you're good to go

Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:12 pm
Dr. X

hey i was experiencing the same problem with my pgm 300.
i took it in and asked for an estimate on a bridge replacement.
the guy suggested blocking the trem and did it for $10.
tuning now takes about 5 minutes and a string breaking is easy to fix.
you should try it out. you can always unblock it.

Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:52 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

haha i just saw on the bottom of the FAQ page it says all that stuff about trademarks and then at the very bottom it says "paul gilbert is just plain cool" :lol:

Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:17 am
King Of The Monsters

Id keep the PGMS you have as originals, and would buy another "fixed bridge" guitar.

Sometimes, you need the whammy, and then you can always return to your "first loves".

Image Image

Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

People who keep their rare guitars original are awesome!

Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2