View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Update on Paul's Orange PGM and Dinosaur RG750 
Superhero

lol well atleast he doesnt have to buy a whole damn geetar!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:14 pm
Viking Kong

He had the option of asking me for my GRX40 pickups. :lol:

Well not really, because he didn't know and I'm using them. :wink:

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:21 pm
Dr. X

Not really. I will be dropping the guitar off for the hardtail convert anyway. I will need to wait until that part is done before finishing the electronics. I should have this project done the first or second week of April. I need to check on my orange PGM body (it was being cut this week).

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:33 pm
Viking Kong

Oh I see, well good to know that things are still going well. April isn't that far, so I can't wait to see it. :wink:

Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:06 pm
Superhero

Zae,

Not really. I will be dropping the guitar off for the hardtail convert anyway. I will need to wait until that part is done before finishing the electronics. I should have this project done the first or second week of April. I need to check on my orange PGM body (it was being cut this week).

Your "orange" body.....hated...... :)

Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:07 pm
Dr. X

How did you get all the info about the stickers on the RG?

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:20 am
Dr. X

I watched the Get Out Of My Yard video hundreds of times freeze framing during the Curse of Castle Dragon and the alternate picking section to identify what stickers they were.

Then I searched eBay and found an auction that had the Cubs sticker in it. After buying that I took a picture of the sticker and e-mailed it to a bunch of sports card vendors to find out where they came from. They informed me that they were from the 1989 upper deck baseball card packs. Once I found that out I did a more detailed search and found the correct baseball stickers.

For the dino stickers I just did a search for dinosaur hologram stickers and found out the manufacturer. Once I knew that I did an eBay search and found the American Greetings packs. The only problem was they were missing the middle dinosaur sticker above the pickguard. I froze the video again and read the name of the dinosaur on the sticker. Once I knew the dinosaur name I did another internet search for that specific dinosaur and happend across a set of uncut stickers that had that particular one.

That was a long explanation but that is pretty much how it happened. Jason (xjustice09x) also helped in the search.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:47 am
Dr. X

I watched the Get Out Of My Yard video hundreds of times freeze framing during the Curse of Castle Dragon and the alternate picking section to identify what stickers they were.

Then I searched eBay and found an auction that had the Cubs sticker in it. After buying that I took a picture of the sticker and e-mailed it to a bunch of sports card vendors to find out where they came from. They informed me that they were from the 1989 upper deck baseball card packs. Once I found that out I did a more detailed search and found the correct baseball stickers.

For the dino stickers I just did a search for dinosaur hologram stickers and found out the manufacturer. Once I knew that I did an eBay search and found the American Greetings packs. The only problem was they were missing the middle dinosaur sticker above the pickguard. I froze the video again and read the name of the dinosaur on the sticker. Once I knew the dinosaur name I did another internet search for that specific dinosaur and happend across a set of uncut stickers that had that particular one.

That was a long explanation but that is pretty much how it happened. Jason (xjustice09x) also helped in the search.

Wow, that's great work, man. You've really used your initiative. Good job 8) 8) :)

There's some stickers on eBay if anyone's interested -

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Paks-American-Gr ... dZViewItem

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:10 pm
Superhero

im interested in getting those stickers, but it says theres 10 pack of 2 sheets full of them, thats 50 stickers! i only want a dozen max!

ive emailed them TWICE with no reply :(

Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:12 pm
Viking Kong

im interested in getting those stickers, but it says theres 10 pack of 2 sheets full of them, thats 50 stickers! i only want a dozen max!

ive emailed them TWICE with no reply :(

If you can be patient more auctions will probably come up with single packs. I found one a few weeks back.

FYI if you are looking to make a dino Rg replica these american greetings packs are missing one sticker that is on the guitar. Its missing the hylaeosaurus.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:37 pm
Dr. X

If you send me a pm with your info I will see what I can do about getting you a set of american greetings stickers. I am working on sourcing some additional hylaeosaurus stickers for people that are looking for them.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:39 pm
Dr. X

Here is an update on my replica of the Dino 750. I have not done the hard tail conversion yet but all of the electronics and stickers are done. The guitar is in the shop getting the conversion done so I will post final pics when I get it back from the shop.

I still need to change the pickups mounting screws to black (or paint them), add the white pickup switch tip, and the white tape indicating where the jack is. Other than that I would say it is a very close copy of the original.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:25 am
Viking Kong

Here is an update on my replica of the Dino 750.

Wow, great job! Once it's had the conversion it'll pretty much be a spitting image of Paul's Dino RG!
Sure there's alot of people on here gonna be envying you! :twisted:

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:34 am
Profile YIM WWW
Viking Kong

Looking awesome man, the conversion will make it perfect.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:38 am
is evil...Evil Joe

Thats frikkin cool! If you are able to find those Haleosaurus sticker I would like to be able to get one of those!

Edit: Oh and is there anyway you can link me to a place where i maybe able to buy those baseball stickers? Thanks!

Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:24 pm
Viking Kong

Edit: Oh and is there anyway you can link me to a place where i maybe able to buy those baseball stickers? Thanks!

I may be able to hook you up with some of them. I just won a partial set off ebay. I could probably sell you a set of all the baseball stickers on the dino RG except the rangers, orioles, and A's. I won't have extras of those.

Another way to get them is to buy complete sets of 1989 upper deck cards like this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120107366920&rd=1&rd=1

They have been selling between $30-40.

Or just be patient and keep looking on ebay for people selling the holograms separately. I won 2 auctions of them within the last month or so.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:55 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Thats alot of money for some f'ing stickers...... will this have multiple of the stickers that attached on paul's guitar? cuzz i really have no idea what is in that tiny lil box...

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:30 pm
Superhero

skifux21 wrote:

I may be able to hook you up with some of them. I just won a partial set off ebay. I could probably sell you a set of all the baseball stickers on the dino RG except the rangers, orioles, and A's. I won't have extras of those.

Another way to get them is to buy complete sets of 1989 upper deck cards like this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120107366920&rd=1&rd=1

They have been selling between $30-40.

Or just be patient and keep looking on ebay for people selling the holograms separately. I won 2 auctions of them within the last month or so.

How many extras will you have?

im looking for some of the baseball stickers :)

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:52 pm
Viking Kong

Holy crap.

Thats alot of money for some f'ing stickers...... will this have multiple of the stickers that attached on paul's guitar? cuzz i really have no idea what is in that tiny lil box...

That box should have a complete set of 1989 upper deck baseball cards. The box says it has an assortment of team logo stickers. There are no guarantee it will have all of them.

The first set of holograms I won off ebay had all I needed except the A's. The set I just won the other day has all of them on the guitar except the Orioles and rangers. So I should have an extra set with all of them except for the orioles, rangers, and A's.

If you got my extra set you would still have to source those 3. Craig (CWR) might have some extras of the ones i'm missing. Unless he just bought some more I don't think he has any extra A's ones.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:00 pm
Superhero

i just want some of them to stick on a new custom strat i want to build, so they dont have to be really acurate, just simular to pauls

Craig is already hooking me up with some dino stickers (thanks again craig :D ) but for some reason completely forgot to ask him about the baseball ones

ill ask him, it all depends how many he has to spare.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next