View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 WARNING AT NICO OF RXBOARD!!!! 
Superhero

I'm Chinese. I can speak and write fluent Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin) and I know a lot of friends from Taiwan.
let me know if i could help

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:47 am
Profile ICQ
Dr. X

Thanks my friends for supporting me!But Nico shocked me whit this fact....
Like Eddie, I'm a very fan of PG...Maybe is a little disease...In this "race" for finish my collection this is the first time who anyone f**ked me....Yesterday I have sent my bank account to Nico...I don't want back all my money but only 800usd...So if you(NICO) read this make the payment.... I LOVE YOU FOR SUPPORTING ME, THANKS VERY MUCH AT PG FANS LIKE ME... Not like Nico....

Regards IVAN

Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:49 am
is evil...Evil Joe

my real name is Jethro and i was the one who bought the mysterious 24 fret Ibanez PGA1000-TRD from Nico officially last October 16th 2006.

my side of the story:

last september 29th a member of our local music forum here in the Philippines informed me about a guy selling his PGA1000-TRD on another forum which happened to be Nico. i was not a member of Racer X Asylum then that's why i contacted Nico thru his email address and talked to him via MSN chat. Nico's guitar was really a gamble because of the money transfer issue, that's why i told Nico that i will pick up his guitar in Taiwan instead if the offer is still OPEN for other buyers. he told me flat out that his guitar is still open for other buyers and he offered it to me. i inquired Nico's PGA1000TRD to one of the moderator of racer x asylum and was CONFIRMED to be AUTHENTIC. Nico told me about the Italian buyer (which was Ivy, I did not know him at that time) and he told me that he was suppose to give him the guitar because he was offering more for the PGA1000TRD; i told Nico that it's ok if he will give the guitar to Ivy instead because i was sensing Nico was in some kind of a trouble and needed more money, Nico was desperate at that time and needed the money soon that's why he insisted that he'll close the deal with me because i will be able to pay him sooner than Ivy, that's when i decided to close the deal which was last october 5th (i don't know Ivy then and i was not aware that he's one of the forumers here that's why i did not ask any permission upon closing the deal). my friend who works in Taiwan happens to be in the Philippines at that time and was returing to Taiwan on the 15th of October; my friend refused to send the guitar to me via DHL because he wanted to secure the guitar and offered to hand carry it instead. he was suppose to transact with Nico on the 27th of October because he is coming back to the Philippines on the 28th but Nico told me that he needed the cash sooner that's why my friend was forced to do the transaction on the 16th fo October. everything went well, the guitar on the picture that Nico sent me was the same guitar that my friend confirmed. my friend paid Nico and took some pictures for security reasons (good thing he did).

October 11th i joined the Racer X Asylum forum and posted on Nico's thread to introduce myself to fellow Paul Gilbert fanatics. October 18th that's when Ivy sent me a message and told me that he was also transacting the same guitar that i posted. he told me he sent Nico the cash in advance last October 14th; i emailed back Ivy and told him that the guitar that i posted was already secured and was with my friend already. i remember Ivy so pissed at that time and wanted to make a post to discredit Nico for what happened. i told Ivy that we'll ask Nico to return his money back. Ivy and Nico talked about this and Ivy told me last october 20th that there is a second PGA1000 for him. i thought all was well then..

Nico was really something.. when he was still talking to me. he shared with some of the music of Paul Gilbert that he covers; videos of him playing and pictures of his Paul Gilbert collections. he's quite humble and really plays his PGM800 really well.. it's just sad that it had to end this way.

i don't really know if i should appologize to Ivy with what happened to him. i respect everyone in this forum, and the reason i joined was because i wanted to meet other respectful guitar enthusiasts and Paul Gilbert fans. i want to meet people who really has the passion for music; upon reading some of the threads in this forum, i found something more important.. you guys are not just forumers.. you guys are a FAMILY.. if this incident was in any way my fault. i sincerely apologize. it is never my intention to get anyone in trouble.

Nico, if you're in some kind of trouble which resorted you to make this deal with Ivy. please explain yourself and make up with this incident.. it's not worth it..

Kind regards,
Jethro

Last edited by tsirksusej on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:19 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

How much did you pay for that PGA? And do you have any idea if you can still contact that person? Rules of engagement, we only fight if someone fights first. Everyone is a respectful buyer/seller here and since you seem to have a connection with this person (MSN and your friend knows him). We have every reason to get this guy now that he engaged Ivy first.

Quote:
i inquired Nico's PGA1000TRD to one of the moderator of racer x asylum and was CONFIRMED to be AUTHENTIC

Who did you ask? I thought PGAs only have 22 frets? Dude if he gave you a fake PGA he better return the money.

EDIT: I'm sure we can find a forum member from taiwan or near taiwan who can help out don't worry.

Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:48 pm
God Of The Sun

I know I was asked about the 24 fret PGA and I completely overlooked that. I saw the inlayed f-holes, the signed guard, block inlay (without noticing the 24th), etc.

Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:58 pm
Superhero

Like Eddie, I'm a very fan of PG...Maybe is a little disease...In this "race" for finish my collection this is the first time who anyone f**ked me....Yesterday I have sent my bank account to Nico...I don't want back all my money but only 800usd...So if you(NICO) read this make the payment.... I LOVE YOU FOR SUPPORTING ME, THANKS VERY MUCH AT PG FANS LIKE ME... Not like Nico....

Regards IVAN

you should ask for the full $1250 since you're not the one who did anything wrong.

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:53 pm
Profile ICQ
Godzilla

ivygilbert wrote:

Regards IVAN

you should ask for the full $1250 since you're not the one who did anything wrong.

Yeah I'd ask for the whole lot.

Then I'd hire a massive black guy to knock on his door and give him a violent lap dance :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:24 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Hi guys. Looks like i'm not the only one being confused (cheated?) by NIco here.

A similar thing happened to me last year. He was supposed to sell me a pgm500 which he listed on yahoo auctions. After i emailed him abt it, we exchanged contacts and started chatting on MSN.

The pgm500 listed had what appeared to be a paint chip off the lower horn, and when i asked him abt it, he just said that it was just 'reflection' as a result of camera flash. He proceeded to say that actually he is gonna sell me another 500 instead, which was in pristine condition, and was using the auctions photos 1st since he had no pics of the 2nd pristine 500.

Me being super excited that i finally scored on a 500, did not suspect anything, believed him enough to send the money over in the end. But when the money reached him, he suddenly became uncontactable, offline on MSN and zero response to my emails. The 500 never came, tracking number (after a wrong 1st one) was useless, as the postal service on my side never received any info on a pending 500. i then emailed him constantly and to of no avail, a good 3+ weeks.

Until i 'reminded' him that i kept all our past conversation records and email correspondences, and will involve all forms of authorities on this matter, only then did he 'conveniently' reappear the next day, answering my emails, saying that he was on summer break in the countryside and thus had no access to internet, cannot reply me etc etc..

Anyways, in the end after much ping-ponging, he finally relented and agreed to wire my money back to me, which was 200 SGD=128USD lesser btw.

And yes i faced the same issue of money transfering to him over a/c issues etc etc.., and other similar scenarios that some of the board members here faced when dealing with him or have dealt with him.

Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:47 pm
God Of The Sun

fuckin asshole... no beter way to put it. ill kill him myself

Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

But when the money reached him, he suddenly became uncontactable, offline on MSN and zero response to my emails.
Same to me...I have all conversation of me and Nico...and him bank account...I wait for other details too...I contact the authorities and they told me to wait 1 week...And if Nico don't reply...they can work for it :twisted: NICO NICO RETURN MY MONEY.... PS. I have make a post on Ibanez forum too: http://ww.ibanez.com/forum/forum_posts. ... PN=1&TPN=1 ....If Nico don't reply in 1 week we can inform all internet of this guy... Nico the best thing you can do now is pay!! :twisted:

Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:59 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

now i feel bad that i did not sound out immediately the 1st time round when he tried to sell his PGM800 here to some of the board members and similar issues cropped up. Cuz i decided to give him the benefit of the doubt*, since he returned my money partially. *(genuine mistakes on his part, a/c problems, shipping issues etc etc)

But since this kinda thing is happening for the 3rd time, a clear pattern is emerging. So that is why now i gotta speak up against him.

Btw Craig, who previously sold a lot of em PGMs, with the 550 one, has had a not-too-pleasant experience with Nico if im not wrong. And if my memory serves me right, he is the one that i emailed asking for his help to 'nab' Nico as he has contacts in Taiwan at that time, on my PGM500 case before he came on board to racerxforums. He can verify this, if he still remembers my case..

Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:04 pm
Dr. X

Easy with the death threats boys!

Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:37 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

MissMisstreater wrote:

Easy with the death threats boys!

Yeah comments like that won't do anybody any good.

Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Well, maybe killing him is a bit extreme. But I would surely beat the crap outta him.

If you only knew the power of the prog side!

Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:11 am
God Of The Sun

i just hate seein someone screw over people like that, its not right, there should be some brotherhood amongst guitarists

i wont kill him, ill beat his sorry ass so bad that he'll top himself just to end his misery!

Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:57 am
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

i don't think that my Ibanez PGA1000-TRD is fake but i need you guys to help me prove beyond doubt that it's not fake. these are some pix to verify the details of my guitar:

Front Headstock

Back Headstock

Abalone Ibanez Logo

Paul Gilbert's Pick

Fretboard w/ split block inlay

Back side of the neck

Front Body

Artwood Handcrafted / Ibanez Guitars

Paul Gilbert Signatured pickguard

F-hole Inlay on the bridge

Truss rod

Back side of the body

Equalizer

Serial Number - S8012822

the only difference from a regular production PGA1000 is that my PGA1000-TRD has 24 frets. the breakdown of the serial number is:

S8012822

S - Samick Korea
8 - 1998 (year)
01 - January (production month)
2822 - nth production (2,822nd)

i found this websiteMr BIG Bug <-- Click which indicate the release date of the PGA1000. the date was August 12, 1998. this only means that my guitar was made 7 months before the actual release of the PGA1000. does that make my guitar a prototype model? kinda possible? i don't have any other supporting documents to claim that my Ibanez PGA1000TRD is really a prototype model such as the logo on PGA1000 Dude's guitar. all i can say is that my guitar plays very well and sound great plugged/unplugged.

the details of my PGA1000TRD are evident. the closest Ibanez guitar that i found on the internet that can be altered/customize into a PGA1000-TRD is the Ibanez AEL20.

this guitar has 20 frets only (how much work needed to replace the neck?); the equalizer is also located on the other side of the body (another inconvenience); not to mention the production date (another alteration).

--------

is there any of you guys who can help me contact someone from Ibanez. if someone in Ibanez can only search their archive to prove my guitar's authenticity; my Ibanez PGA1000-TRD might just be a special case model. - i just want to get over this MYSTERY attached on my guitar. if my guitar is fake.. then so be it.. and if it's NOT then.. GREAT.

Kind regards,
Jethro

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:24 am
God Of The Sun

i sinceraly doubt its a fake, those are some great pics,

who on earth would even bother replacin the neck etc especially on a n acoustic, i believe that it is a prototype or the serial number got buggered, or this was one that wasnt mass produced, just one that paul wanted made for him personally

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:44 am
Profile WWW
Dr. X

For your guitar maybe Paul can reply!! I don't think is a fake....

Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:14 am
Viking Kong

I don't think it's a fake. There are just too many correct features. Especially the pegface. If you didn't have a PGA to copy from, It would almost be impossible to get that right. Since that was made in Korea at the Samick factory, I don't know what good emailing Ibanez directly about it would do. I don't know if they've got a custom shop there that does prototypes, or if they keep any kind of records on what they build. It would be worth a try though.

It's too bad you can't trust the seller to help you trace the guitar. That would have been more helpful than anything. --Jason

Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:58 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Hi Pao i'm sorry i forgot to answer your questions. anyway,

Pao wrote:

Quote:
How much did you pay for that PGA?

I got it for US$xxx (Guitar + Hardcase) + US$xxx (Shipping that i owe my friend)

Quote:
And do you have any idea if you can still contact that person?

I still have Nico's mobile number, picture of his school ID and video of him playing his PGM800. (on hold at the moment)

Quote:
Rules of engagement, we only fight if someone fights first. Everyone is a respectful buyer/seller here and since you seem to have a connection with this person (MSN and your friend knows him). We have every reason to get this guy now that he engaged Ivy first.

i only have Nico's MSN address thru his profile here but he's not login in anymore.

Quote:
i inquired Nico's PGA1000TRD to one of the moderator of racer x asylum and was CONFIRMED to be AUTHENTIC. Who did you ask?

EKG answered that question already.. and for the record i'm not saying that it was EKG's fault why i bought Nico's PGA1000TRD, all i'm saying is that my PGA1000TRD is confirmed to be Authentic. if there's anyone i know in this forum who can identify the PGA1000 guitars, that would certainly be EKG because he have both models. :wink:

Quote:
I thought PGAs only have 22 frets? Dude if he gave you a fake PGA he better return the money.

we all know that PGA1000 are really rare and as for now even though there's a possibility that my PGA1000TRD is fake, i'm quite happy with it because as what i always say when people ask me about my PGA1000TRD. "she really plays and sings very well." and that's a fact. :wink:

Quote:
EDIT: I'm sure we can find a forum member from taiwan or near taiwan who can help out don't worry.

Ibanezer have friends in Taiwan who can help us find Nico. Taiwan is a fairly SMALL country.. i think we can track him down easily. :twisted:

..for the sake of being humane about the situation, i'm suggesting we give Nico an ultimatum before i/we release informations about him. i've no problem with the guitar i bought from Nico but he has to answer Ivy and pgmcrazy on deceiving them. :evil:

Last edited by tsirksusej on Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next