View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Order PGM from Ibanez Custom Shop? 
Dr. X

Post Order PGM from Ibanez Custom Shop?
Hi Guys..

I was thinking..

Can we just order rare PGM, like PGM700 from Ibanez directly? What do u guys think??? Any contact person??

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:52 pm
God Of The Sun

I think if you do a custom order of 100 units, it can be done. Somebody did that with a run of JS's one time.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:26 pm
Dr. X

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:32 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

I really would participate if we can get 98 more. :)

Edit: I'm dead serious.

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:07 am
Profile WWW
Dr. X

2 names here..

-Barry Hetharia
-BeckerXGuitarist

come on.. fill in and let's get us PGM700!!

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:14 am
Viking Kong

Before you get names you should get in contact with Ibanez and find out if they will even do it. 700's aren't a regular production model its easier for them to do special runs of JS's or RG's. Even if they would do it it probably won't be cheap. It might even cost more than waiting and buying a real 700 when one comes up for sale. Do you have to put a deposit down or pay in full right away? And someone will have to arrange to recieve the shipment and send the guitars to everyone if Ibanez won't send them individually to the owners. There are lots of details that would have to be figured out.

If you just want a regular 700 I am not interested I alread have one. If it was in a different color or something I might be. But there is no way I could even consider anything like this until I find a new job, and knew all the details.

Last edited by xjustice09x on Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:27 am
Viking Kong

It would be interesting to see excactly what something like that would cost. But, something tells me it would be cheaper to just buy a used 700 when one became available. Personally, I'd be more interested in a hardtail version of the 100, but with reverse headstock, AANJ, and direct mount pickups. --Jason

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:29 am
Superhero

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:34 am
Profile YIM WWW
Superhero

It would be interesting to see excactly what something like that would cost. But, something tells me it would be cheaper to just buy a used 700 when one became available. Personally, I'd be more interested in a hardtail version of the 100, but with reverse headstock, AANJ, and direct mount pickups. --Jason

Can we get the colored inlays too?

YUM YUM

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:09 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

I'd be more interested in a hardtail version of the 100, but with reverse headstock, AANJ, and direct mount pickups. --Jason

I like this idea :D

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:12 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

it's very hard to get 100 people wanting the exact same guitar.
i personally doesnt like the look of the 700. i would still buy it because it's rare and it's a PGM. but if i paid that kind of money for a custom PGM, i would not prefer the 700

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:15 am
Profile ICQ
God Of The Sun

Ya know.....it would probably be a lot easier and more cost effective to just have Eddie make one for you.

IMO the quality would be leaps and bounds better.

Ron

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:19 am
Dr. X

How much for Eddie PGM? I think all of us should order from Eddie.. 100 people order at the same time.. He must be super busy..

Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:20 am
God Of The Sun

I got the body and neck from Eddie (EKG Guitars). I can tell you from first hand experience......very high quality stuff.

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:24 am
Superhero

Well, see my guitar?

I got the body and neck from Eddie (EKG Guitars). I can tell you from first hand experience......very high quality stuff.

So he made the body and the neck?

Eddie hasn't made himself a custom PGM that i know of or at least i haven't seen it posted here.
I've thought of him making one too.

Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:09 pm
Viking Kong

firerocker wrote:
Well, see my guitar?

So he made the body and the neck?

Eddie hasn't made himself a custom PGM that i know of or at least i haven't seen it posted here.
I've thought of him making one too.

If you look at EKG's website it looks like he made a 7 string PGM body for himself. I don't know if he ever completed that project.

http://www.ekgguitars.com/gallery.htm

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:04 pm
God Of The Sun

Here's the deal on Ibanez. The JS's that were made were a production model only with a different color (white when white wasn't being offered) and chrome hardware including the original Edge trem. Nothing major as far as Ibanez having to make a special run of an out of production model.

Her's the deal on EKG:
I just bought a CNC. This will allow me to make anything I want. I have models created and I am getting them ready to be routed. This will take some time to master before I can actually offer up new services, but it's gonna happen. 8)

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:54 pm
Superhero

:roll: :wink:

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Superhero

I made a 7 string PGM for Chad.

Here's the deal on Ibanez. The JS's that were made were a production model only with a different color (white when white wasn't being offered) and chrome hardware including the original Edge trem. Nothing major as far as Ibanez having to make a special run of an out of production model.

Her's the deal on EKG:
I just bought a CNC. This will allow me to make anything I want. I have models created and I am getting them ready to be routed. This will take some time to master before I can actually offer up new services, but it's gonna happen. 8)

AWESOME
Do you do the painting too?
Maybe i'll have a 200 made with the colored inlays.... :idea:

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:43 pm
God Of The Sun

I made a 7 string PGM for Chad.

Her's the deal on EKG:

Great News! Are you going to stick with RG's or venture on to your own designs with the CNC?
And I know you've been busy, but will this give you time to possibly block a trem for me and some other mods on an RG?

Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next