View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 SHARON OSBOURNE OPEN LETTER TO IRON MAIDEN MANAGER! 
Superhero

I think Sharon O. should have responded in a professional manner, then she wouldn't have looked like such an idiot. She brought herself down to Bruce Dickenson's own unprofessional level.

Ozzy and his band are the guys who might get hit with eggs in retaliation, not Sharon and her useless daughter. Ozzy takes the brunt in the long run.

Fans don't forget Sharon.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:51 am
Godzilla

Bottom line: Sharon is a talentless good for nothing that got handed Ozzy's name and $$, and now shes on the run with it dragging Ozzy's name through the mud and destroying his rep that he once had. Its sad to see how Ozzy has basically just become her puppet. Their daughter makes me want to vomit, shes a disgusting, disrespectful pig that obviously takes everything she got handed to her for granted.

I agree with almost every thing you wrote EXCEPT for the fact that Sharon and her father were very instrumental in making Ozzy the name and money as a solo artist that you are referrring to. From what I read Ozzy was broke and in bad shape from drugs when Sharon entered the picture. Were it not for her Ozzy as a solo artist probably wouldn't exist..

While I think very little of what she ppulled you should be accurate in your facts.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:22 am
Godzilla

you have unleashed the fuckin fury!

Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:17 am
Motorman

UnholyShred. wrote:
Bottom line: Sharon is a talentless good for nothing that got handed Ozzy's name and $$, and now shes on the run with it dragging Ozzy's name through the mud and destroying his rep that he once had. Its sad to see how Ozzy has basically just become her puppet. Their daughter makes me want to vomit, shes a disgusting, disrespectful pig that obviously takes everything she got handed to her for granted.

I agree with almost every thing you wrote EXCEPT for the fact that Sharon and her father were very instrumental in making Ozzy the name and money as a solo artist that you are referrring to. From what I read Ozzy was broke and in bad shape from drugs when Sharon entered the picture. Were it not for her Ozzy as a solo artist probably wouldn't exist..

While I think very little of what she ppulled you should be accurate in your facts.

.. and without Ozzy, Sharon would just be the daughter of a smalltime English mobster.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:28 am
Godzilla

Found this illustration at the Vai boards. Seems like people hate her beyond this board, too. Bummer.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:42 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Can we call it Eggfest from now on

ROFL, you do have a point dude... :lol:

Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:08 pm
Motorman

In fairness, the stuff Bruce said was out of order, I think bands of that calibre need to respect each other as fellow musicians, not rivals. But Sharon cutting the power to Maiden during their set? Thats bang out of order, especially for the other members of Maiden and all the fans.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:52 pm
Godzilla

I think that if Ozzy would have talked shit about Iron Maiden and Maiden would have been the one throwing the eggs against black sabbath I think Sharon would have benn pretty pissed off.... And some people here :roll: would have flamed Iron Maiden for their disrespectful behavior without thinking it... so before some go to defend one side or the other you should think what happened if the one affected by the eggs was ozzy instead of maiden...(not that it could happen because it´s OZZFEST and the security would have been useful in that case but that´s not the point)

Albert Einstein

Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:35 pm
Motorman

I agree. Ozzy was all messed up on drugs and Sharon's love brought him back from near coma. I don't think he would still be around if she wasn'tt there. She is the money brains in that family. Ozzy is lucky she is there. She might say stupid things now and then, but like Britney Spears doesn't?

Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:19 am
Godzilla

im jst curious....are those iron maiden pictures with the skeleton dude holding sharons head from iron maiden? or was it just pic created by some maiden fan

Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:28 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

im jst curious....are those iron maiden pictures with the skeleton dude holding sharons head from iron maiden? or was it just pic created by some maiden fan

Maiden fans have been posting these online since the incident at ozzfest.

Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:05 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re: SHARON OSBOURNE OPEN LETTER TO IRON MAIDEN MANAGER!
and so some 5 years later............

Charlie Steffens of KNAC.COM recently conducted an interview with Zakk Wylde (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, OZZY OSBOURNE). An excerpt from the chat follows below.

KNAC.COM: There's something that's been hanging out there a while that's caused a lot of people to take sides, when the truth is, we're supposed to be all on the same team. Some of it has been fueled by other parties directly involved in the 2005 Ozzfest IRON MAIDEN egg-throwing thing. I'm not interested in your opinion of the characters involved, but I'd love to know if you have something you want the heavy music fans out there to know, now that five years of water has passed under the bridge.

Wylde: Well, the whole thing is ridiculous. What it should have been down to is Mom [Ozzy's wife/manager Sharon Osbourne] should've just talked with their manager and just said, "Hey, look it. Tell your guy to shut the fuck up. And if he mentions one more thing, you guys are off the tour." That's it. You're done. And if their manager, Rod [Smallwood], went over to them — because they're all fucking grown-ups — and said, "Dude, enough of the fucking bagging on The Boss [Ozzy]. First off, it's their fucking tour." And that's the end of the conversation. The minute he goes back there and says, "Oh, fuck this. We don't need a reality TV show, fuck Ozzy, this and that, bla bla bla..." then you know what? Pull the power on them right there. Have a guy sitting on the side of the stage every fucking night and the minute he says one bad thing about Ozzy, break his fucking legs and you're off and you're on your way. That's it. Done.

KNAC.COM: So that's what was really going on?

Wylde: It should have never got to eggs. If anyone ever threw eggs at me, I'd break their fucking legs, dude. I'd stop the show right there and whoever was throwing the fucking eggs — I'd fuckin' morgue them. I wouldn't hospitalize them. I'd fuckin' kill them, right there. I'm looking at both sides. If I was IRON MAIDEN, I'd fuck some people up. And, if I find out who's responsible for it, they're getting fucked up, too. I mean, I'd never go up onstage and start bagging on whoever the headliner is. If anything, all I ever do is thank the band for letting us play with them. When I opened up for TED NUGENT and LYNYRD SKYNYRD, I thought, this is such an honor to be playing with these guys. Why would I say anything bad about them? You know what I mean? And on top of that, you're getting paid. It's so fuckin' ridiculous. It's a fuckin' joke. I had no idea. I was just like, "Whatever, man." I'm telling you right now — the way I would have handled it would be, "Hey, guy. You tell your singer to shut the fuck up or hands down, I'll break his fuckin' neck. I'll break his legs first, then I'll break his fuckin' neck. Then you'll have no singer. So he can't say shit. Throw eggs? I'll slit his fuckin' throat, dude. I'd say, "fuck you!" Fuckin' throw eggs? Are you fuckin' kidding me? What, are we in second grade here? Come on. Throw eggs? Throw fuckin' grenades, now. You motherfucker. That whole thing should have just never happened. It should've been, "Tell him to shut up or the guy's off tour." That's it. Then his manager would have said, "Dude, enough of the talking, slagging the headlining act." I mean, how old are we here, dude? How old is Bruce Dickinson? You'd expect that out of an 18-year old, like the Battle of the Bands in high school? What do you think about it?

KNAC.COM: I was there all day and all that night in San Bernardino, really liking the whole thing, up to the point of the egging. And I continued to dig the show afterward. When BLACK SABBATH went on and did their set, they were totally professional, of course. Ozzy didn't say shit...

Wylde: I guarantee you that Ozzy didn't even know that that went down. I'm telling you. I know he didn't.

Read the entire interview from KNAC.COM.

:twisted:

Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:51 pm
God Of The Sun

Zakk is such a badass... and the worse thing is that not only he says all that, but he would DEFENETELY do it... everything he says.

Zakk rules :twisted:

Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

badass?

sometimes I feel like Zakk's statements are of a 18 year old boy.

Really. I love BLS and Zakk's playing, but I think his whole "being a badass" is just retarded.

just my 2 cents

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:19 pm
Profile YIM
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Sir Robin wrote:
badass?

sometimes I feel like Zakk's statements are of a 18 year old boy.

Agreed.. I don't follow Zakk's words or music and this is the first I've heard of him pretty much. That whole fuckin fuckin break legs necks and slit throats rants is one of the craziest things I've ever read. Just crazy. :?

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

How can any thinking person take a single word Sharon Osbourne says seriously?

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:59 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re:
KenHower wrote:
We have a new standard for concert behavior. Anything goes....as long as no one dies.

Next Ozzy show...I can throw tennis balls, dog shit, eggs, tomatoes....cause hey! it's only rock 'n roll and nobody will die.

I fucking love you for saying that! :lol:

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:32 pm
Viking Kong

I had heard about these stories... Bruce Dickinson is a idiot if he badmouthed Ozzy while touring Ozzy's Ozzfest.
However I still totally agree with the lengthy post on page 1 by The Surgeon, and I'm pretty happy it's there caus otherwise I'd have no idea other threads had discussed this whole thing.

Finally: Zakk Wylde needs to grow up and start acting like a reasonnable adult. That kind of speech could've come out of my mouth when I was 12. Killing people over thrown eggs? I think worse things can happen to you in life, I wonder how Zakk Wylde would react to tougher situations in life.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:37 am
Viking Kong

Acid Wire wrote:
Finally: Zakk Wylde needs to grow up and start acting like a reasonnable adult. That kind of speech could've come out of my mouth when I was 12. Killing people over thrown eggs? I think worse things can happen to you in life, I wonder how Zakk Wylde would react to tougher situations in life.

In Zakk Wylde's world, there are two things you don't do: Call the man gay, or throw eggs at him. Either one will have you cruisin' for a bruisin'. :lol:

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:19 am
Motorman

why'd Paul have to go fucking up his voice........I listen to those first two albums more than anything else. And Paul wasn't such a stupid dick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWfx2bY37no

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next