View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Looks like Eddie's drinking again 
Site Admin

Post Looks like Eddie's drinking again
Posted on another site.

Was there. In the front row to I might add.
Ed did start to cry during his solo. He did so after being overwhelmed with our "EDDIE,EDDIE" chants. He said the only one who can make him cry is his son. That was some heartfelt shit. He also stated to the crowd that he was/and is "An (inaudible) fuckin' drunk!". His playing was rippin' and OFF at the same time (if that makes sense. If it don't to you, oh well. It does to me!)
Now, realize. EVH is my GUITAR hero/mentor! But he really seems to be hurting. I'll just say it.....He looked, and at times sounded, "FUCKED UP!!" I mean even MORE than Eddie's regular drunk standards!! He even had a hardtime doing "CATHEDRAL". A piece he's done for 20 years.................I don't know.
Anyways, Sammy wore my Pimp hat for a song and singed it.

Ed DID fall off the stage at the end of the show. He was either trying to hand some dude a pick or trying to get in the area between the stage and barrier and his foot slipped off the railing and BAM!!!! High speed concrete!! The whole place went SILENT!! I FELT the thud of him hitting the ground. THANK GOD that he was OK!! A bit embarrassed and RELIEVED, he got back upstage. You should've seen the looks on Sam,Al and Mike's faces!!! Priceless.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:38 am
Profile WWW
Unt! I move topics!

I hope he gets some help so he can be at peace when his time comes to leave this earth.

Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:44 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

thats sad, his story kinda reminds me of the story about ratt's guitarist :( hopefully he will quit and pull it together

Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:59 am
Motorman

I saw Van Halen just this weekend when they came through, he didn't seem bad at all, he did go on about being drunk, kinda shitty sound in the arena they played, but he ripped the hell outta eruption. Jump rules live, by the way.

Some guy behind me fainted when eddie started the tapping part in eruption, maybe from the heat, maybe from the beer, maybe from the geetar! :twisted:

Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:10 am
God Of The Sun

The comment "His playing was rippin' and OFF at the same time" was spot on. That was exactly how I felt at the Anaheim show. I doubt very much that Eddie played much guitar during his hiatus from the band. He's gotta give up smoking too.

Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:32 am
Profile YIM
Superhero

Saw them in Detroit in July. He didn't talk about being drunk and looked ok the whole time. His playing isn't what it used to be but he is still "Edward", if you know what I mean. He's the reason many of us picked up the guitar in the first place. Call me whatever, but I got chills and a little tear in the eye when the lights went down at the Palace and then you hear "that guitar" in the dark before the stage lights come up. It was good to see them--even if with Sammy.

If you're an alcoholic, don't drink and go to meetings. Nobody else can fix your problem for you. Recovery, insanity or death--take your pick cuz it's your choice.

Last edited by pauliekcpa on Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:34 pm
Site Admin

He's had his tongue cut up from Cancer, and he still smokes.

:roll:

Regards,
Ken

Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Ive been worrying about Eddie. As much as I want him to rip up the stage, I also want him to be able to do it years down the road. He seriously needs to get his act together and quit smoking and cut back on the liquor. We don't need a dead guitar hero, we need one that can play!

The #1 Queensryche Source

Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:22 pm
King Of The Monsters

I guess all guitar players in the world want to see EVH in good shape..

Image Image

Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:35 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

I hate to say this, but I don't think he's got it in him (recovery, that is). I sure hope he would prove me wrong.

Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]