View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 GEORGE LYNCH -New Interview Article Mr. Scary is Back! 
Motorman

Post GEORGE LYNCH -New Interview Article Mr. Scary is Back!
Yeah, it's me.. :P

Hey gang and Paul Gilbert fans! Here's an Awesome, awesome interview article on George Lynch talking about Ratt, Ronnie James Dio, Van Halen, Nuno Bettencourt, Steve Vai, Dokken, Steve Perry of Journey, Mick Mars of Motley Crue, etc...

http://www.seaoftranquility.org/article.php?sid=272

:P

Last edited by Mr Scary on Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:55 pm
Unt! I move topics!

I love George. But he shouldn't be disrespecting Dio. Dio just put out a great CD and did a headlining national tour. If George can do that when he's in his sixties, he should consider himself lucky.

Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
is O.H.B.

Dio is 62 and not playing with 20 year olds.
Rudy will be 54 this month and I believe the rest are in their 40's.
I don't care how old anyone is.
Ronnie's voice is better than ever and he still puts on a great show

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:03 am
Motorman

I think what he meant was, here he is at 50, and there's no 50's year olds, playing contemporary music metal, ala Linkin Park, or heavy metal with a bunch of 20 year olds....they're all paying with each other, in their 50's etc... ...(not including all these comeback shows ala Van Halen, reunion tours, etc..

The new stuff...the stuff you hear on the radio now a days? You know they're not 50 years olds playing that stuff, except 20 and early 30 year olds... it's like a wave... Bands like U2, Kiss, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, etc. are the exception... guitar players like Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Jeff Beck, Yngwie Malmsteen, are all playing their own music mind you, just not contemproary commercial pop rock metal you hear on the radio.... Eminem, all the top 40 hits, are all 20-30 year olds, give or take...Lynch is old. LOL He is. He's still awesome, but he also doesn't want to look like a joke either on stage. Lynch likes the new stuff, but he can't picture himself playing with 20 years olds, and here he is in his 50's, still ripping mind you, but he's not comfortable with the "band" situation playing with a much, much younger band creating music...so he looks for folks his age that know the roots of rock, 60-'s 70's blues, rock etc... Kids now, don't care for that, they just want to play 1000 miles an hours, doing boring sweeps, and play like yngwie all the time. LOL

I could care less how old Lynch is and who he plays with...I'd still see him. I still like Dio, and I don't think he was putting Dio down, just that, here's a 62 year old guy, who can still sing, is singing heavy metal to young kids... and to some 20 year olds who never heard of Dio, will look at Dio and think, who is this old fart? LOL You know what I mean... back in the 80's the Rolling Stones were in their 40's along with The Who, and they were old too. They were still good, but considered dinasaurs to the 80's metal scene 20-30 year olds.. to the 80's new wave scene...20-30 year olds..

LOL :P

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]