View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 NICK MENZA OUT OF MEGADETH 
is O.H.B.

Post NICK MENZA OUT OF MEGADETH
From Megadeth.com

Nick Menza has been replaced in the lineup for the upcoming Megadeth tour. In his place will be Shawn Drover (Eidolon).
We look forward to the upcoming tour with Shawn and wish Nick best of luck in his next endeavor.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:56 pm
God Of The Sun

Oh yeah, Im pissed off...I hope they give a reason. I also hope it's good.

The #1 Queensryche Source

Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:52 pm
Dr. X

Nick most likely is out because Dave is a notorious ICEHOLE deluxe.

How many times was Nick 'fired' from Megadeth before when Dave was hopped up on goofballs?

After seeing Dave on Headbangers Ball a few weeks ago I remembered the 2 reasons why I stopped buying Megadeth CDs after Countdown to Extinction. #1 was that the music really licked monkey balls and #2 Dave really thinks he's the best thing since sunshine. From Dave's attitude to the video off of the latest release, nothing seemed to have changed.

Derek

Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:37 pm
King Of The Monsters

Megadeth´s my fav band, and I´m very sad with this new...

Hope they start giving us reasons.

Image Image

Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:14 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

Well from the interview I read yesterday with Dave, this new CD was really his first solo CD, but due to the record company it was called a Megadeth CD. And the way he talked he directed every aspect of the recording, even telling the drummer what to play. So he probably found something in his playing he didn't like or he asked for to much money and was let go or maybe he couldn't commit to an entire tour. He did say it was going to be a pretty long tour. :?

Who knows, I'd just like to see him tear it up again whoever is playing with him.

Jason

Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:11 pm
Unt! I move topics!

Dave Mustaine = Megadeth = Dave Mustaine.

Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

That's true, but it sounds like Dave wants to be through with the whole "Megadeth" thing. Probably because there's so much history with Megadeth. He wants to be clean of it and have no questions as to whose music it is and get out of all the hassles of 'we want so and so back in MD' type stuff.

Jason

Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:37 pm
Godzilla

I don't care how mustaine operates... all I know is he made, still makes, some of the most kick ass music ever, and that is all that matters...

and I couldn't have seen the new megadeth tour anyway, so I'm not bothered who plays drums... although menza is an awesome drummer for the band, I ain't bothered if he isn't on the tour.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:49 am
is O.H.B.

I am a little disappointed but when I think of Megadeth, I really only think of Dave Mustaine; although Jimmy is a great addition.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:18 pm
Dr. X

you forgot that Dave Mustaine = Megadeth = Dave Mustaine + Megadeth = Dave Mustaine

...I'm now divorced Mandy Moore, give me a call, my love shack is empty!

Coop
http://www.waydecooper.com

Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

TheSurgeon wrote:

you forgot that Dave Mustaine = Megadeth = Dave Mustaine + Megadeth = Dave Mustaine
Algebra always gave me a headache.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:40 pm
God Of The Sun

You know, I read an interview a while back that defined my idea of Megadeth. Im not sure if I can find it again, but Im fairly sure it was on Realm of Deth.

In it Dave was recounting his first interaction with Steven Tyler, who later went on to introduce himself to someone as Aerosmith. "I'm Aerosmith and you're Megadeth." Dave said that was when he knew Tyler was an asshole. He commented "I'm not Megadeth. Megadeth is four guys."

I know Mustaine writes most, if not all, of the music. However, even with that, I just cant simply say that Mustaine is Megadeth. I can't think of Megadeth as a solo band. If I had to say a small number of people were Megadeth I'd say that Dave & Dave were Megadeth, but that's about it.

As far as Nick being out, Im rather disappointed. Some people on the Megadeth board just went "Who cares if Menza is out, it's still going to rock." That's not the point. Im not doubting anyone's playing ability or bashing the new drummer. It IS a big deal that Menza is gone. Whether he could do better or worse than Shawn Drover isnt a point. A lot of fans were psyched about having him back onboard and now he's just shipped off. So now Megadeth is one part Dave, one part Iced Earth, and one half Eidoleon. Well, could be worse.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:47 pm
Viking Kong

I still miss the Marty/Nick/Dave/David lineup. We'll probably never see it again, so I should give up my hopes of seeing it.

Nick was fired... I don't really care. I mean, to me, it wont be my favorite lineup until David Ellefson and Marty Friedman get back in the saddle, and we know that (probably) won't be happening.

Nick really kicked ass behind the kits, though, but I think he grooved best with Ellefson.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:43 am
Godzilla

And the way he talked he directed every aspect of the recording, even telling the drummer what to play.

I can only imagine Dave Mustaine dictating to Vinnia Coliuta, one of the world's most respected and highly demanded drummers, what he should play!

http://www.facebook.com/diatribute
http://www.facebook.com/whitelietheband

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:02 pm
Godzilla

Racer_J wrote:
And the way he talked he directed every aspect of the recording, even telling the drummer what to play.

I can only imagine Dave Mustaine dictating to Vinnia Coliuta, one of the world's most respected and highly demanded drummers, what he should play!

Maybe the reason he is so respected and in high demanded is the fact that he is willing to play what his employers ask him to play and not just wanting to play "what he feels man." Just a thought.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:27 pm
Godzilla

drumslut wrote:
Racer_J wrote:

Maybe the reason he is so respected and in high demanded is the fact that he is willing to play what his employers ask him to play and not just wanting to play "what he feels man." Just a thought.

Good point. However, if that's true, then Dave Mustaine is a much better drummer than he is a guitarist!

http://www.facebook.com/diatribute
http://www.facebook.com/whitelietheband

Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:54 am
God Of The Sun

I read something that said Dave would tell Vinnie the kind of groove he wanted, or what drummer he wanted him to play like. There was this joke about Dave asking Vinnie to play like a particular guy and Vinnie replying "So, you want me to get drunk and fall over?"

Well, something to that extent. I was looking for the exact quote earlier but couldnt find it.

Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:07 am
Superhero

How many times was Nick 'fired' from Megadeth before when Dave was hopped up on goofballs?

Derek

LOL

Wasn't there something a bit ago about Mustain being pissed off at Nick for lying about being maced for something dumb, when he was actually maced for something more serious?

"I had written the music in one day. The lyrics I wrote while half asleep to the Clash's 'should I stay or should I go now' melody and it is about Nick Menza lying to us saying that he got maced by some French people outside of a McDonald's in Paris. That night I made a big speech about how brave he is for playing after being maced. It turned out later that night our security guard came up to me at the hotel after the show and said that they had lied and that they got maced in the red light district trying to get booze and other 'stuff'."

This may be old news however, I'm not sure, or maybe I'm all hopped up on goofballs :P

Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:50 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Ah, that sounds more like it, Crakula. Dave has big problems with Nick drinking. From what I can remember, Nick had promised Dave that he would stop drinking so he could get the tour done... but Nick kept breaking his promises and getting drunk when Dave was trying to be serious about touring.

I dont know WHO the asshole is... if it's Nick, or if it's Dave... but they have conflicts from the past.

Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:21 am
Dr. X

I love dave's/megadeth's music...but beyond that I can't stand dave...He is a douche bag.

He had his fucking nervous breakdown and posted these messages not too far back how he was like some fucking bitch who has changed and loves everybody and shit and wants the best for everyone...then around the time of the new release, I read that interview where he was being a fucking asshole again dissing anything he could.

I must break you

Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next