View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:18 am



Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Funny Quote About Gary Cherone.. 
Author Message
Godzilla

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:34 pm
Posts: 994
Location: Portland, OR
Post Funny Quote About Gary Cherone..
I ran across this while looking for the answer to the Extreme trivia question and thought it worth sharing:

Quote:
After Extreme broke up, he sang in a high-profile David Lee Roth/Sammy Hagar tribute band.


:lol:

_________________
!sdnah ruoy no emit hcum oot evah uoy ,siht dear nac uoy fI


Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:44 am
Profile
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:49 am
Posts: 1660
Location: Mid 1980s, Grand Rapids, MI
Post Re: Funny Quote About Gary Cherone..
Joe wrote:
I ran across this while looking for the answer to the Extreme trivia question and thought it worth sharing:

Quote:
After Extreme broke up, he sang in a high-profile David Lee Roth/Sammy Hagar tribute band.


:lol:


LOL :lol:

_________________
[url]http://www.paulkleffmusic.com[/url]
[url]http://www.grandrapidsguitarlessons.com[/url]


Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:18 pm
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:29 pm
Posts: 4889
Location: Belleville, MI
Post Re: Funny Quote About Gary Cherone..
Joe wrote:
I ran across this while looking for the answer to the Extreme trivia question and thought it worth sharing:

Quote:
After Extreme broke up, he sang in a high-profile David Lee Roth/Sammy Hagar tribute band.


:lol:
wouldn't that be van halen ? ..............

_________________
~Ron

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.


Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:04 am
Profile
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:51 pm
Posts: 1025
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Post Re: Funny Quote About Gary Cherone..
firerocker wrote:
Joe wrote:
I ran across this while looking for the answer to the Extreme trivia question and thought it worth sharing:

Quote:
After Extreme broke up, he sang in a high-profile David Lee Roth/Sammy Hagar tribute band.


:lol:
wouldn't that be van halen ? ..............


LMAO!!!

_________________
"In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary, Come Again."

Image


Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:08 pm
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:29 pm
Posts: 4889
Location: Belleville, MI
Post 
you know whats funny?.... i just pulled out my extreme cd "3 sides to every story" and re-discovered why i love extreme so much....to me that cd is by far their best, musically......IMO gary cherone was at his best with this cd....actually at times on this cd nuno almost has a better sounding voice....and his playing is by far in my opinion his best...if you dont have "3 sides to every story" by extreme, get it...you wont be disappointed.....now about that roth/hagar tribute band that released "van halen 3" ....meh :roll: ...i personally hated it....eddies playing was off, gary's voice doesn't fit van halen...IMO their WORST release......it's van halens's "st anger".

_________________
~Ron

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.


Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:43 am
Profile
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:49 am
Posts: 1660
Location: Mid 1980s, Grand Rapids, MI
Post 
firerocker wrote:
"3 sides to every story" and re-discovered why i love extreme so much....to me that cd is by far their best, musically......IMO gary cherone was at his best with this cd....actually at times on this cd nuno almost has a better sounding voice....and his playing is by far in my opinion his best...if you dont have "3 sides to every story" by extreme, get it...


3 Sides is phenomenal. The songwriting is great and Nuno just smokes on it. I still listen to that cd at least a couple times a month--it would be one of my top 5 "desert island" albums.

"This world ain't big enough for two,
And I've got my sights on you..." :shock:

_________________
[url]http://www.paulkleffmusic.com[/url]
[url]http://www.grandrapidsguitarlessons.com[/url]


Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:55 am
Profile
Godzilla

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:34 pm
Posts: 994
Location: Portland, OR
Post 
III sides is by far one of my favorite albums ever. I love "Cupid's Dead" and "Color Me Blind." Nuno is on fire on this cd!

_________________
!sdnah ruoy no emit hcum oot evah uoy ,siht dear nac uoy fI


Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:46 am
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:40 am
Posts: 11619
Location: Across The Universe
Post 
Joe wrote:
III sides is by far one of my favorite albums ever. I love "Cupid's Dead" and "Color Me Blind." Nuno is on fire on this cd!


It was their BEST Tour also...


Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:24 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:44 pm
Posts: 11819
Post 
Xelatunes wrote:
Joe wrote:
III sides is by far one of my favorite albums ever. I love "Cupid's Dead" and "Color Me Blind." Nuno is on fire on this cd!


It was their BEST Tour also...



Alex...Alex....There's NO WAY this tour was as good as.....Van Halen I tour (Opening for Rolling Stones), Van Halen II, or Women And Children First or Fair Warning....


Fair Warning Tour was by far my favorite. I saw all those tours and even though they opened for the Stones...it was jaw dropping for the time.

_________________
Ken Hower Wrote: My advice to everyone.....DO NOT purchase any of these photographs....Tim Findlay can jack off to his hearts content over his killer pictures...alone.

Regards,
Ken


Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:49 am
Posts: 1660
Location: Mid 1980s, Grand Rapids, MI
Post 
KenHower wrote:
Xelatunes wrote:
Joe wrote:
III sides is by far one of my favorite albums ever. I love "Cupid's Dead" and "Color Me Blind." Nuno is on fire on this cd!


It was their BEST Tour also...



Alex...Alex....There's NO WAY this tour was as good as.....Van Halen I tour (Opening for Rolling Stones), Van Halen II, or Women And Children First or Fair Warning....


Fair Warning Tour was by far my favorite. I saw all those tours and even though they opened for the Stones...it was jaw dropping for the time.


Yo Ken, I think he's talking about Extreme's III Sides to Every Story tour compared to other Extreme tours--not Van Halen's III tour vs. their other tours.

Three bands I wish I could have seen:

Led Zeppelin circa 1972
Van Halen--Fair Warning tour
Racer X in 1987

_________________
[url]http://www.paulkleffmusic.com[/url]
[url]http://www.grandrapidsguitarlessons.com[/url]


Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:21 pm
Profile
Unt! I move topics!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:56 pm
Posts: 27847
Post 
pauliekcpa wrote:
Three bands I wish I could have seen:

Led Zeppelin circa 1972
Van Halen--Fair Warning tour
Racer X in 1987


Zeppelin was a little before my time, but I saw Van Halen in 1981 (Fair Warning Tour) and Racer X in 1987.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:40 am
Posts: 11619
Location: Across The Universe
Post 
pauliekcpa wrote:
KenHower wrote:
Xelatunes wrote:
Joe wrote:
III sides is by far one of my favorite albums ever. I love "Cupid's Dead" and "Color Me Blind." Nuno is on fire on this cd!


It was their BEST Tour also...



Alex...Alex....There's NO WAY this tour was as good as.....Van Halen I tour (Opening for Rolling Stones), Van Halen II, or Women And Children First or Fair Warning....


Fair Warning Tour was by far my favorite. I saw all those tours and even though they opened for the Stones...it was jaw dropping for the time.


Yo Ken, I think he's talking about Extreme's III Sides to Every Story tour compared to other Extreme tours--not Van Halen's III tour vs. their other tours.


[Ed McMahon voice on] YES!!! You are correct sir!!! :twisted:

Oh yeah, And as far as VH's best tour, DEFINITELY the FAIR WARNING TOUR!!! Ed was at his peak...X :wink:


Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:10 pm
Profile
God Of The Sun

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:17 pm
Posts: 2051
Location: Upland, CA.
Post 
TheSurgeon wrote:
pauliekcpa wrote:
Three bands I wish I could have seen:

Led Zeppelin circa 1972
Van Halen--Fair Warning tour
Racer X in 1987


Zeppelin was a little before my time, but I saw Van Halen in 1981 (Fair Warning Tour) and Racer X in 1987.


I was CLOSE to seeing Zeppelin live. I had tickets to see them at the Pontiac Silverdome. A few months before the show, Bonham died. :cry:


Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:18 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:44 pm
Posts: 11819
Post 
SORRY ALEX...


I thought you went INSANE for a minute there. I wholeheartedly agree that Fair Warning was the best.

I was at the Oakland Arena when they recorded the video for So This Is Love?

_________________
Ken Hower Wrote: My advice to everyone.....DO NOT purchase any of these photographs....Tim Findlay can jack off to his hearts content over his killer pictures...alone.

Regards,
Ken


Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:10 am
Profile WWW
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:49 am
Posts: 1660
Location: Mid 1980s, Grand Rapids, MI
Post 
KenHower wrote:

I was at the Oakland Arena when they recorded the video for So This Is Love?


You bastard!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Supposedly, the video for that whole show is locked away in a vault somewhere. The only videos released from Oakland 1981 were So this is Love, Unchained and Hear About It later.

"Got myself a brand new Oakland scarf right here....." DLR

_________________
[url]http://www.paulkleffmusic.com[/url]
[url]http://www.grandrapidsguitarlessons.com[/url]


Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:38 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.