View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Funny Quote About Gary Cherone.. 
Godzilla

Post Funny Quote About Gary Cherone..
I ran across this while looking for the answer to the Extreme trivia question and thought it worth sharing:

Quote:
After Extreme broke up, he sang in a high-profile David Lee Roth/Sammy Hagar tribute band.

:lol:

Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:44 am
Superhero

Post Re: Funny Quote About Gary Cherone..
Joe wrote:
I ran across this while looking for the answer to the Extreme trivia question and thought it worth sharing:

Quote:
After Extreme broke up, he sang in a high-profile David Lee Roth/Sammy Hagar tribute band.

LOL :lol:

Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:18 pm
God Of The Sun

Joe wrote:

Quote:

wouldn't that be van halen ? ..............

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:04 am
Superhero

firerocker wrote:
Joe wrote:

Quote:

wouldn't that be van halen ? ..............

LMAO!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:08 pm
God Of The Sun

you know whats funny?.... i just pulled out my extreme cd "3 sides to every story" and re-discovered why i love extreme so much....to me that cd is by far their best, musically......IMO gary cherone was at his best with this cd....actually at times on this cd nuno almost has a better sounding voice....and his playing is by far in my opinion his best...if you dont have "3 sides to every story" by extreme, get it...you wont be disappointed.....now about that roth/hagar tribute band that released "van halen 3" ....meh :roll: ...i personally hated it....eddies playing was off, gary's voice doesn't fit van halen...IMO their WORST release......it's van halens's "st anger".

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:43 am
Superhero

"3 sides to every story" and re-discovered why i love extreme so much....to me that cd is by far their best, musically......IMO gary cherone was at his best with this cd....actually at times on this cd nuno almost has a better sounding voice....and his playing is by far in my opinion his best...if you dont have "3 sides to every story" by extreme, get it...

3 Sides is phenomenal. The songwriting is great and Nuno just smokes on it. I still listen to that cd at least a couple times a month--it would be one of my top 5 "desert island" albums.

"This world ain't big enough for two,
And I've got my sights on you..." :shock:

Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:55 am
Godzilla

III sides is by far one of my favorite albums ever. I love "Cupid's Dead" and "Color Me Blind." Nuno is on fire on this cd!

Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:46 am
Viking Kong

III sides is by far one of my favorite albums ever. I love "Cupid's Dead" and "Color Me Blind." Nuno is on fire on this cd!

It was their BEST Tour also...

Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:24 pm
Site Admin

Joe wrote:

Alex...Alex....There's NO WAY this tour was as good as.....Van Halen I tour (Opening for Rolling Stones), Van Halen II, or Women And Children First or Fair Warning....

Fair Warning Tour was by far my favorite. I saw all those tours and even though they opened for the Stones...it was jaw dropping for the time.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

Xelatunes wrote:
Joe wrote:

Alex...Alex....There's NO WAY this tour was as good as.....Van Halen I tour (Opening for Rolling Stones), Van Halen II, or Women And Children First or Fair Warning....

Fair Warning Tour was by far my favorite. I saw all those tours and even though they opened for the Stones...it was jaw dropping for the time.

Yo Ken, I think he's talking about Extreme's III Sides to Every Story tour compared to other Extreme tours--not Van Halen's III tour vs. their other tours.

Three bands I wish I could have seen:

Led Zeppelin circa 1972
Van Halen--Fair Warning tour
Racer X in 1987

Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:21 pm
Unt! I move topics!

Led Zeppelin circa 1972
Racer X in 1987

Zeppelin was a little before my time, but I saw Van Halen in 1981 (Fair Warning Tour) and Racer X in 1987.

Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

KenHower wrote:
Xelatunes wrote:
Joe wrote:

Yo Ken, I think he's talking about Extreme's III Sides to Every Story tour compared to other Extreme tours--not Van Halen's III tour vs. their other tours.

[Ed McMahon voice on] YES!!! You are correct sir!!! :twisted:

Oh yeah, And as far as VH's best tour, DEFINITELY the FAIR WARNING TOUR!!! Ed was at his peak...X :wink:

Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:10 pm
God Of The Sun

pauliekcpa wrote:

Led Zeppelin circa 1972
Racer X in 1987

Zeppelin was a little before my time, but I saw Van Halen in 1981 (Fair Warning Tour) and Racer X in 1987.

I was CLOSE to seeing Zeppelin live. I had tickets to see them at the Pontiac Silverdome. A few months before the show, Bonham died. :cry:

Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:18 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

I thought you went INSANE for a minute there. I wholeheartedly agree that Fair Warning was the best.

I was at the Oakland Arena when they recorded the video for So This Is Love?

Regards,
Ken

Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:10 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

I was at the Oakland Arena when they recorded the video for So This Is Love?

You bastard!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Supposedly, the video for that whole show is locked away in a vault somewhere. The only videos released from Oakland 1981 were So this is Love, Unchained and Hear About It later.

"Got myself a brand new Oakland scarf right here....." DLR

Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]