View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 X-Japan 
God Of The Sun

Post X-Japan
I had planned to put this in the "How popular is Paul in Japan" or whatever topic, only to remember that it had nothing to do with Racer X or any side projects.

So, now Im making this topic to pose the same question about a different group. So, for any Japanese (knowledgable) people in the audience, could you answer some of these?

1. How popular was X-Japan while they were around, to the general public?
2. Whats the extent of their popularity now?
3. How popular/recognized are the members of the band now with their solo projects, or while they were around? Such as hide and Yoshiki themselves and Yoshiki's Violet UK group.

Im not totally familiar with them, since I dont have any of their CDs or anything. I have gotten some videos and have been listening to them for at least a few months. I can't remember exactly. Im simply curious. Im currently looking up videos on Yoshiki's Violet UK group, but that's going slow. :(

I know Lav will probably have some information.

The #1 Queensryche Source

Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:03 pm
God Of The Sun

When I was in Japan durring the start of the summer, I was suprised to see so many CDs, Posters, etc.

I think they must still have a huge following as I saw plenty of stuff as I made my way through Tokyo. Also saw some Mr. Big stuff too :twisted:

Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Wow...so evidently they're still really popular. I'd love to hear more from whoever has anything to say. :)

Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:27 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Post X-JAPAN
I never really got into X-Japan personally, but in the '90s this band was a phenomenon definetely ! I doubt X-Japan is still that popular now in general. It became more like a " legendary metal band " in the '90s. Even the Prime Minister Koizumi always says he loves their music. I believe their fans have been so royal to the band, so as Emblazed said, you still can find not only CDs but so many stuff easily.

Hide died in 1998, and Toshi is now involved in some strange New Age group. :shock: I don't think Toshi will never sing in the X-Japan style.
I don't know much about the other members' solo projects. Sorry !
After Hide's death, his family built the Hide's museum in his hometown, Yokosuka.
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong! :wink:

Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:27 pm
God Of The Sun

When I was in Japan, someone told me to check out some type of tribute statue they have?

I totally forgot when I was there, but I think it was a tribute statue to the singer? Know bout that?

Wanted to check it out.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Well, I dont know about any statues about Toshi, but I was aware of the hide museum at one point or another.

I havent looked into hide's solo work, but Yoshiki has been an interest since even before I heard X-Japan. Over at the Megadeth forums they had a topic about their favorite drummers and many of the people creditted Yoshiki with being awesome at it, so I decided to check the band out and got hooked. This guy sits behind a drumset and goes absolutely wild, and then moves over to the piano and plays a beautiful classical piece, which is a totally different musical direction. To say the least, Im interested in his Violet UK project. Though from the websites Ive read from, it was pushed back from 2002 to 2003, and after that it just didnt give anymore information. Im not sure if they meant the group would release a CD then, or just start their public appearances...but Im for it. Unusual blend of music that Ive heard so far.

Im still looking forward to Lav's point of view, though I appreciate everyones input. I may have to PM her, since Ive seen her post a few times in other parts of the forum recently, but hasnt come in here... :? Im only interested in her point of view more because I know she's a fan, while as you said Keiko, you were never really into them. Thanks though. :D

Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:22 pm
is O.H.B.

Your right , I am a fan of X Japan....and X ( X Japan 's earlier yrs name)They are still very popular in japan!
What do you want to know about them ??

Do you have any instant messenger ?

Anyways,here 's a songlist that you have to download it:

Art of life
Longing
Say Anything
Forever Love
Sadistic Desire
Slient Jealousy
Tears
X

Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:15 am
Profile ICQ YIM
God Of The Sun

Look, Lav finally came! I've heard most of the songs you mentioned, minus Longing and Sadistic Desire. Ill have to check those out. Mostly Ive just been downloading their videos, which they seem to have a lot of, and I think most of those fall into the video slot.

But I have MSN and AIM, whichever you prefer. AIM is NESFantasy, and MSN is [email protected]. Im not sure if our time zones will work too well, but they might. If you see me, just say something.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:05 am
is O.H.B.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:40 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]