View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Extreme reuniting 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Extreme reuniting
Found this on population-1.com.Hope someone films it! :shock:

August 7
Terceira, Azores

Population 1 will perform several dates in the Azores for the August island festivals. In addition to the Population 1 set, Nuno Bettencourt will reunite with former Extreme bandmates Gary Cherone, Paul Geary and Mike Mangini, with Carl Restivo on bass.

Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:46 am
God Of The Sun

wow they are reunitin? I saw that episode on vh1, nuno seemed like he was pissed at the crew for filmin him

Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:39 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

wow they are reunitin? I saw that episode on vh1, nuno seemed like he was pissed at the crew for filmin him

Yeah, he was at a restaurant and wouldnt allow the crew to film him. I saw that episode too, heh (pretty cool show), and all the other band mates were ready to do it. Even Gary Cherone said "I'll do it if Nuno does it," but he said all along that Nuno probably wouldnt be up for it.

Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:44 am
God Of The Sun

Is this reunion going to be for the VH1 show? Because I heard the show is having a new season coming up. Or is this reunion completely unrelated?

Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:27 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Emblazed wrote:

Yeah, he was at a restaurant and wouldnt allow the crew to film him. I saw that episode too, heh (pretty cool show), and all the other band mates were ready to do it. Even Gary Cherone said "I'll do it if Nuno does it," but he said all along that Nuno probably wouldnt be up for it.

Cherone and Bettencourt play Extreme songs together in Guitar Wars. As far as I can see....they already have had a reunion. The other 2 guys, aren't exactly, essential.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

One of my all time favorite bands... I wish they would do a reunion (with Pat and Paul or even Mangini)... I for one was PISSED when Nuno "dicked out" on that VH1 show... One of the best live gigs I ever saw, I was in the second row at Irvine Meadows when Extreme opened for Bon Jovi... Extreme was on the "III Sides To Every Story" Tour... They KILLED!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:27 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Cherone and Bettencourt play Extreme songs together in Guitar Wars. As far as I can see....they already have had a reunion. The other 2 guys, aren't exactly, essential.[/quote]

YES, I was there. "Get The Funk Out" was definitely one of the highlights
of the show. :twisted: Nuno once said after Guitar Wars, "If there's any possibility of reunion, it should be done by the original member." So..I don't know why they won't count Pat in. :cry:
or..Is Pat just too busy to raise alpaca??? :wink:

Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:17 am
Viking Kong

POPULATION 1 guitarist Nuno Bettencourt will reunite with former EXTREME bandmates Gary Cherone (vocals), Paul Geary (drums) and Mike Mangini (drums), with Carl Restivo on bass (replacing original bassist Pat Badger), for these special shows exclusively for the Azores festivals on the Portugese archipelago of the Azores:

Aug. 07 - Terceira, Azores
Aug. 15 - Corvo, Azores
Aug. 18 - São Jorge, Azores
Aug. 22 - Maré de Agosto - Santa Maria, Azores

Bettencourt's current group, POPULATION 1, will also be appearing at the festivals.

Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:15 pm
Superhero

I don't know a whole lot about Extreme, but I would bet Nuno was probibly getting that I don't want to be on some cheesy show he never heard of that just showed up at his lunch. Hell, he was probibly worried Johnny Knoxville was going to shoot out of the camera mans ass or something spraying him with a super soaker filled with Wee Man's butt-sweat.

Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:29 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]